Jump to content

Doc Mtchell's Hidden Flintlock


Recommended Posts

After resolving, if this Action was used during this modelís Activation and this model has LoS to a friendly Parker Barrows, this model must either discard a card or Drop a Scheme Marker into base contact with itself and be killed.

The wording is a bit ambigous. Is this model killed anyway or does discarding a card saves this model from being killed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Doc Mitchel is his prisoner.

Which is probably one of the worst ideas ever... The stress of being a prissioner could make him make some mistakes... like "sterilize" his instrumental with horseshit.

Or he can put a little ammount of "that" sustance in his medicine; not enough to kill him or even notice it, but more than enough to make him slower than his enemies...

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of a funny story.... Mitchell is an actual real good person and a great doctor.  He also is an alcoholic, hence the immunity to poison, and has lost several practices due to it.  So when they kidnapped the Doc, he was needed and had a purpose and pretty much immediately went Stockholm Syndrome right away.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the story, if I'm remembering correctly, when they get ambushed in the saloon, and at the end Parker is kinda waiting on Doc to take advantage, Doc thinks about it and then thinks better of it, Parker relaxes his hand going for his gun and rests. Parker kinda knows.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 8/26/2019 at 10:45 AM, Ming said:

The wording is a bit ambigous. Is this model killed anyway or does discarding a card saves this model from being killed?

It is a little bit, but I believe the "and be killed" is meant as separate to the discard or scheme option.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Barbagianni said:

RAI should be (discard) or (drop marker and be killed). At least m2e doc worked more or less that way.

I recall that in M2E, there was no option and if you used the flintlock where parker could see him, the doc was dead. The imagine them firing near simultaneously. Parker not taking chances when he see some cold iron coming from the doc's bag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 12:18 PM, Rob Lo said:

From the story, if I'm remembering correctly, when they get ambushed in the saloon, and at the end Parker is kinda waiting on Doc to take advantage, Doc thinks about it and then thinks better of it, Parker relaxes his hand going for his gun and rests. Parker kinda knows.

just 1 add: when Doc is about to take the chance, with Parker waiting for it, Doc takes a breath and goes with the medical tools to heal Parker instead of the gun. "Good choice doc, good choice..:"

This is the story:
https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-ds6ym-a4d9d7
https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-kthtn-a6175d

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, Ogid said:

Which is probably one of the worst ideas ever... The stress of being a prissioner could make him make some mistakes... like "sterilize" his instrumental with horseshit.

Or he can put a little ammount of "that" sustance in his medicine; not enough to kill him or even notice it, but more than enough to make him slower than his enemies...

Which explains his very poor healing ability! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information