Fingers a small favour plus engagment

CustardBomb

Question

2 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, CustardBomb said:

Fingers has the Small favour trigger on his melle attack 'Have a Drink' which causes the opponent to take a non bonus action under my control. 

Can this action be an interact? Or is this pervented because the enemy is naturaly engaged by fingers himself for that to happen? 

It can only be an Interact if the model is otherwise capable of taking an Interact action, just like it can only be a Walk action if the model is otherwise capable of taking a Walk action in that situation.

So you can make a model with Don't Mind Me take an Interact action even though you're engaging it (Don't Mind Me allows the model to take Interact while engaged).  Or you could make the Coryphee Duet walk out of your engagement range because it has Agile ("This model may leave the engagement range of enemy models with the Walk Action.").  But you can't make an Insignificant model perform Interact ("Insignificant:  This model cannot take the Interact Action and is ignored for Strategies and Schemes.")

Likewise, you're still subject to the special restrictions of the actions.  Have a Drink doesn't say it bypasses any of the special restrictions, so they remain in force.

• Agree 1