Why is lady J blind?

Did someone say JUSTICE?

So I've recently started playing malifaux, after toying with the idea since m1 

I've got a big thing for Lady J, she appeals to me on many levels. She runs in smacks things with a giant ass sword. What's not to love.  In fact I own every iteration of her, I believe.  M1,m2,avatar,undead,puppet wars, I have m3 on order as well.

Now I comprehend the whole thematical "Justice is blind" etc.

But why exactly  is Lady J blind, like was she born that way. Did she get messed up in a fight when she was younger,  was she blind before becoming Lady J or did she become lady J and then the powers that be made her blind.

I have questions that need answers :(

6 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

in malifaux she is not blind! ;) the grave spirit (resser god/patron, not sure about is name) is the thing that makes her see! I discovered this by reading a story in one of the M2e book!

If she's not blind then why does she need help seeing? 

Or is it a case of she can see but it makes her see additional things that aren't for normal eyes to see. 

3 hours ago, Did someone say JUSTICE? said:

If she's not blind then why does she need help seeing? 

In all the short story about her I'vs read they always said she was moving and doing without any help! ;) the others around were always wondering how she does it but as I learned she can ''see'' very well. I'm not sure how she see things and it's surely not our kind of visions but she does not need help at all to move around! (all the story I read were in the M2e books, so I don't know how they describe her before and I haven't read the new ones for M3e)

2 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

In all the short story about her I'vs read they always said she was moving and doing without any help! ;) the others around were always wondering how she does it but as I learned she can ''see'' very well. I'm not sure how she see things and it's surely not our kind of visions but she does not need help at all to move around! (all the story I read were in the M2e books, so I don't know how they describe her before and I haven't read the new ones for M3e)

The breachside broadcasr episdoe 71-72 features Lady J if you are interested, and the story only mildly cares about previous history (only for Sonnia). In it, it details how Lady J uses sound and vibration to get images of the world around her

15 hours ago, Did someone say JUSTICE? said:

I've got a big thing for Lady J, she appeals to me on many levels. She runs in smacks things with a giant ass sword. What's not to love.  In fact I own every iteration of her, I believe.  M1,m2,avatar,undead,puppet wars, I have m3 on order as well.

I can't remember stories, but I have bad news for you, you're missing at least 1 Lady Justice. there was an metal version and a metal alternative sculpt.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:22 PM, Adran said:

I can't remember stories, but I have bad news for you, you're missing at least 1 Lady Justice. there was an metal version and a metal alternative sculpt.

The sword behind the back sculpt is the one I'm missing, I just don't want to pay triple digits for it is all. I'll find one eventually.  Thanks for letting me know though 

:)

I think a lot of people are missing the point I'm making. I'm aware she has supernatural senses and can move around without "seeing" she doesn't need vision etc. The necromancy gives her vision and special sight.

She's still physically blind though, her actual eyes she was born with do not function like yours or mine because she is blind.

What I want to know though is. What caused her eyes in her head that is attached to her brain to not work. I dont want to know that she can actually see, I dont want to know, she has supernatural echolocation. 

Did she get stabbed in the eyes in a fight, was she born blind, did she trip and land on a stick, someone throw acid on her as a young child cause she was pretty and they were a jealous step mum?

(Also if it sounds rude or snarky it's not, just 0 context of voice over internetand I can't figure a better way to write this at 3am.   Baby won't sleep)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1