Servants of the God Empress, Unite!

Kharnage

3 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

Because Yan Lo doesn't come into his best power until later on even if he has that early reliquary, and your crew is designed to score early and tie his up to make his ramp up difficult if not impossible (your report even says you were up 4-1 early in game 5).  I didn't say it was the killing power that made it a favorable matchup.  Mobility is king in 3e.

Yan Lo himself not reaching his full potential doesn't really matter if you aren't trying to kill him quickly. Also there's only 1 turn of scheming an opponent can do before Yan Lo goes super saiyin.

6 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

I hold high doubts this list would have the same success in a tournament where there were competitive Outcasts and Arcanists.

With the plethora of terrain available to hide behind and bog down those competitive arcanist and outcast players on tournament boards, I relish the challenge. To be fair, our meta does feature a couple of Parker Barrows players, (though they didn't show up to LVO) but none have bested Nekima yet. Perhaps we can get a Vassal game going, and witness these lists of which you speak?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:22 AM, Nagi21 said:

I'm 90% certain that this list winning LVO was more Kharnage was probably the best player there, combined with nobody bringing anything particularly good vs Nekima, rather than the list being any good by itself.  Honestly the 8-3 vs Toni win is the most surprising thing in my opinion, although his report said the player was somewhat new/rusty so probably that combined with a favorable strat/scheme pool.

I hold high doubts this list would have the same success in a tournament where there were competitive Outcasts and Arcanists.

I think the list is legit, it's not fool proof and the hands playing it are very important; but the list itself is built with a clear focus (elite, maximice initiative, consistent double Nekima activation and consistent Mature performance). I also think there are other legit Nephilim styles tho.

All factions should be able to beat Nekima, not only Outcast and Arcanist. The players at this event failed to do so for X reason (skill gap, not used to face alpha strike, X...) and that could had happened also to OUT/ARC players. I'm sure the others LVO players are also good and competitive players, but someone has to win the day! :)

15 minutes ago, Ogid said:

All factions should be able to beat Nekima, not only Outcast and Arcanist. The players at this event failed to do so for X reason (skill gap, not used to face alpha strike, X...) and that could had happened also to OUT/ARC players. I'm sure the others LVO players are also good and competitive players, but someone has to win the day! :)

That's why I specifically said competitive Arc/Outcast players (by his own admission he said the one Arc player was not very good/new).

On 2/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, Nagi21 said:

That's why I specifically said competitive Arc/Outcast players (by his own admission he said the one Arc player was not very good/new).

Maybe I overthought it, but I didn't liked the implications of that... I understood that either competitive players of other factions aren't able to beat Nekima or that him was he only competitive player there; If you didn't meant that, then nvm the above.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:25 PM, Kharnage said:

With the plethora of terrain available to hide behind and bog down those competitive arcanist and outcast players on tournament boards, I relish the challenge. To be fair, our meta does feature a couple of Parker Barrows players, (though they didn't show up to LVO) but none have bested Nekima yet. Perhaps we can get a Vassal game going, and witness these lists of which you speak?

I have been studying your list since I first read about it (and other Elite lists like this). Do you think your biggest advantage comes from the GG suggestion of 40-50% terrain? It makes flying crews exponentially better from what I can tell.