Servants of the God Empress, Unite!

Kharnage

1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

So question for the Nekima-using masses; has anyone actually hired tots as Nekima? I feel like they're dogs, but with the potential to be not-dogs, but I still never feel compelled to use them in comparison to just hiring bigger, better, more absorbent models now. 

I feel like pass tokens have made cheap models a bit awkward. You're either moving stuff up for the elite enemy crew to kill turn one or you are giving them an advantage on the critical T2 initiative. Half the point of them in m2e was wasting activations. 

2 hours ago, Kharnage said:

So question for the Nekima-using masses; has anyone actually hired tots as Nekima? I feel like they're dogs, but with the potential to be not-dogs, but I still never feel compelled to use them in comparison to just hiring bigger, better, more absorbent models now.

I've not tested them but I'd only consider them if I were for a greedy grow heavy list in T1. They only have an attack with stat 4 and no other shenanigan... pretty bad for their cost, the only good thing is the potential to grow into something useful.

4 hours ago, Ogid said:

I've not tested them but I'd only consider them if I were for a greedy grow heavy list in T1. They only have an attack with stat 4 and no other shenanigan... pretty bad for their cost, the only good thing is the potential to grow into something useful.

The hidden gem I'm convinced is that they have Protected. Not that Nephilim are excited about card discarding, but the fact that they can toss off disengaging strikes and go run off is pretty good. They can also stab each other and bigger boys for a poor man's Pustule with that 1/2/4 track. 

1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

The hidden gem I'm convinced is that they have Protected. Not that Nephilim are excited about card discarding, but the fact that they can toss off disengaging strikes and go run off is pretty good. They can also stab each other and bigger boys for a poor man's Pustule with that 1/2/4 track. 

Good points. The disengage one is neat, but they can't interact that turn, need another Neph near and it cost a card; it's very situational. The stab each other part is clever; but it's something a dog can do... for me unless a player wants to grow them asap, they are outclased by the doggies.

On 10/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, Kharnage said:

The hidden gem I'm convinced is that they have Protected. Not that Nephilim are excited about card discarding, but the fact that they can toss off disengaging strikes and go run off is pretty good.

Oh SNAP! I hadn't thought of that trick. R.a.w. that totally works for tots, dreamer, marcus, etc!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:20 PM, Kharnage said:

Butterfly Jump also works on Disengaging Strikes, while you're at it. The God Empress goes where she pleases!

I've been thinking about this, and I'm not sure if the attack during the disengaging action counts as the enemy model making an attack action. probably a more important question for Lucius and all those following orders models

7 minutes ago, Adran said:

I've been thinking about this, and I'm not sure if the attack during the disengaging action counts as the enemy model making an attack action. probably a more important question for Lucius and all those following orders models

Under Disengage action: "One enemy model engaging this model (opponent’s choice) may take a y Attack targeting this model".
I'm not really sure how much more "Yep this is an attack action" it could get. What would your counterpoint be? That there's a difference between "taking an attack targeting a model" and "targeting a model with an attack action"? 
EDIT: While the following orders models disengaging strike-ing on higher cost models to draw cards is amusing, I doubt it it will come up as often as all that, whereas BFJ models wanting to leave melee comes up a great deal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Under Disengage action: "One enemy model engaging this model (opponent’s choice) may take a y Attack targeting this model".
I'm not really sure how much more "Yep this is an attack action" it could get. What would your counterpoint be? That there's a difference between "taking an attack targeting a model" and "targeting a model with an attack action"? 

All the triggers (onslaught, coordinated strike and so forth) I have found tell you to take an attack action. Charge tells you to take an :ToS-Melee:action.

Disengage tells you they take an attack. Its the only case I can find that adds an "action" without them specifying it is an action. Its also the only time the extra "action" doesn't follow the rules on actions generated by effects (again that I can find).

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

All the triggers (onslaught, coordinated strike and so forth) I have found tell you to take an attack action. Charge tells you to take an :ToS-Melee:action.

Disengage tells you they take an attack. Its the only case I can find that adds an "action" without them specifying it is an action. Its also the only time the extra "action" doesn't follow the rules on actions generated by effects (again that I can find).

Consider Wicked.
"When this model makes a successful y Action generated by an enemy model's Disengage Action, this model may resolve the Action's normal effects (including Triggers) instead of reducing the enemy model's Push distance."
Here, it specifically calls it an action. So either Wicked doesn't work, or it's an action. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Consider Wicked.
"When this model makes a successful y Action generated by an enemy model's Disengage Action, this model may resolve the Action's normal effects (including Triggers) instead of reducing the enemy model's Push distance."
Here, it specifically calls it an action. So either Wicked doesn't work, or it's an action. 

That's a solid justification. I hadn't thought to check wicked.

This would also make Crowd control and following orders better.

8 minutes ago, gozer said:

Do we know yet what the Nekima Core Box will contain? It'd be nice to know what models I can scrounge up without getting duplicates if/when I buy the core.

I haven't the faintest idea. If there's news, I'm hungry for it! I would have said that the God Empress would be one of the last people to get a core box because she already mostly has a fleshed out crew (minus of course her totem) but Lady J got a (in my humble, personal opinion) largely unnecessary copy-pasta box with new sculpts of the exact same models she had in her M2e box, so my understanding of logical box order is demonstrably weak. 

1 hour ago, Adran said:

That's a solid justification. I hadn't thought to check wicked.

This would also make Crowd control and following orders better.

Crowd Control is going to be relevant.

Following Orders it's going to be limited to more expensive models moving away:

After this model resolves an Action taken outside its Activation generated by a model with Cost higher than it, this model may draw a card.

Disengage really is generating the actions, because of text like

Resistance Triggers cannot be declared by a model if they are targeted by an Action generated from their own Disengage Action.

which calls it out as happening.

It'll make getting tied up by a lawyer more annoying, but that's sending inexpensive models to try to tie up expensive models.

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Yea congrats on winning that, but those matchups are very favorable to Nekima (save maybe Toni), so I'm not surprised the 6 activation Nekima alphastrike murder list worked well there.

Can you break down why Yan Lo is a "very favorable" matchup? Both Yan Los had Ash Ascendant and Manos's reliquary on Yan Lo turn 1, and ain't nobody killing that. I think both Yan Los lost 2 models over the course of each game. My killpower was not what won me the day.

1 minute ago, Kharnage said:

Can you break down why Yan Lo is a "very favorable" matchup? Both Yan Los had Ash Ascendant and Manos's reliquary on Yan Lo turn 1, and ain't nobody killing that. I think both Yan Los lost 2 models over the course of each game. My killpower was not what won me the day.

Because Yan Lo doesn't come into his best power until later on even if he has that early reliquary, and your crew is designed to score early and tie his up to make his ramp up difficult if not impossible (your report even says you were up 4-1 early in game 5).  I didn't say it was the killing power that made it a favorable matchup.  Mobility is king in 3e.

31 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't understand Nekima as well as I'd like, but...

If the list is super murder-y, can bog enemies down while scheming so well that it wins even if it isn't killing... It seems like a pretty great list? What does an unfavourable matchup look like?

Anything that has high access to range negates the combat finesse of Matures who don't have another built in defense (basically, outcasts, some guild, and some arcanists), anything that can massively out activate you while managing to keep those activation advantages (Summoners like Sandeep and Asami, but not all summoners) which isn't terribly hard since it only has 6 activations in that list, and anything that is just as much of an alphastrike always has a chance to nuke her before she nukes it (Shenlong, etc).

I'm 90% certain that this list winning LVO was more Kharnage was probably the best player there, combined with nobody bringing anything particularly good vs Nekima, rather than the list being any good by itself.  Honestly the 8-3 vs Toni win is the most surprising thing in my opinion, although his report said the player was somewhat new/rusty so probably that combined with a favorable strat/scheme pool.

I hold high doubts this list would have the same success in a tournament where there were competitive Outcasts and Arcanists.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 2