An Update on Shipping Delays

Kyle

14 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

Hi @Kyle

On 20th August I requested my GenCon order be cancelled by email - I received a reply saying this had been passed on to a supervisor.

Two weeks later, yesterday, I received an email saying the order had been shipped to me. Very disappointed by this as I gave plenty of notice between cancellation and shipping. I sent an email immediately yesterday but it has been 24 hours and I've had no communication back.

Sorry if this isn't really your area, or the right way to go about trying to get this fixed, but where should I go from now? I really don't want it to be shipped to the UK as I will have to pay customs to release it and send back for a refund. Do I have to accept the fact I will receive the unwanted miniatures?  Can I return them? Please point me in the right direction if you can!

Ta

George

Hi George, 

Sorry about that, I will rectify this right now and have an update for you via email before close of business today! Thank you for alerting us to the issue. 

Here is a heads up, if you have received a shipping update with multiple items you should check each item.  That will tell you if the books got sent with the models.

For instance, my entire order shows as being fulfilled- but in reality no books shipped.  I sent an email to Wyrd about this- but I am now thinking that books have still not arrived at their warehouse. 

26 minutes ago, CaladanCid said:

Here is a heads up, if you have received a shipping update with multiple items you should check each item.  That will tell you if the books got sent with the models.

For instance, my entire order shows as being fulfilled- but in reality no books shipped.  I sent an email to Wyrd about this- but I am now thinking that books have still not arrived at their warehouse. 

Books will be sent separately they've said. For now you can submit the receipt to get a PDF access copy. 

2 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Books will be sent separately they've said. For now you can submit the receipt to get a PDF access copy. 

Yes they did say that.  I can tell you didn't order any books during the sale did you?  

My order was not split into two orders, one with models and one with books.  The entire order has now been marked as fulfilled by Wyrd, and delivered by USPS.  That includes the books which share the same tracking number as the models, and which as far as I can tell were not fulfilled, shipped, or separated into a different order.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, CaladanCid said:

Yes they did say that.  I can tell you didn't order any books during the sale did you?  

My order was not split into two orders, one with models and one with books.  The entire order has now been marked as fulfilled by Wyrd, and delivered by USPS.  That includes the books which share the same tracking number as the models, and which as far as I can tell were not fulfilled, shipped, or separated into a different order.

As they've said. They will be sending the books separately. Your order was separated, they marked what they didn't have as back ordered, and you will be getting it as soon as they get it to be able to send. And yes, I ordered 3 books. So slow your roll there, hamtaro.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

As they've said. They will be sending the books separately. Your order was separated, they marked what they didn't have as back ordered, and you will be getting it as soon as they get it to be able to send. And yes, I ordered 3 books. So slow your roll there, hamtaro.

The things you have said re this sale have mostly been wrong so far, including the parts where you tried to say there was no problem with the books.  I would have thought that might convince you to make less strident statements.

If the books were not sent in a different box at the same time with the same shipping number (and I guess this is my best case scenario) how do you think the new shipment will function, logistically? Those books have already been marked fulfilled.  The tracking number they were assigned has been marked as delivered by usps.  

On 9/5/2019 at 3:10 PM, Wyrd Office said:

Hi George, 

Sorry about that, I will rectify this right now and have an update for you via email before close of business today! Thank you for alerting us to the issue. 

Thank you for your reply

Sadly I did not receive an update or email as promised. I have checked all of my email addresses and their respective junk folders.  Can you confirm it was sent, might be an issue my end. Otherwise, can you let me know when to expect further communication?

George

2 hours ago, CaladanCid said:

The things you have said re this sale have mostly been wrong so far, including the parts where you tried to say there was no problem with the books.  I would have thought that might convince you to make less strident statements.

If the books were not sent in a different box at the same time with the same shipping number (and I guess this is my best case scenario) how do you think the new shipment will function, logistically? Those books have already been marked fulfilled.  The tracking number they were assigned has been marked as delivered by usps.  

You know, buckaroo, you might want to provide examples to back that up.

I don't know the inner workings of Wyrd specifically, but I do work for a store that has an order fulfillment team. Backorders are put into a list to be picked when available. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have backorders documented somewhere.

4 hours ago, CaladanCid said:

Got mine today. Mine said everything was shipped, but they put a note in the box that the shipment was split in two and the rest (books for me) will be sent as soon as possible. If I go to the webstore it looks like the whole order is fulfilled, but it's not. Likely a limitation of the shipping software they use. So even if you order says delivered, you may find that it was in fact split in two, just as they said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Got mine today. Mine said everything was shipped, but they put a note in the box that the shipment was split in two and the rest (books for me) will be sent as soon as possible. If I go to the webstore it looks like the whole order is fulfilled, but it's not. Likely a limitation of the shipping software they use. So even if you order says delivered, you may find that it was in fact split in two, just as they said. 

I am in a similar boat, except for me it's Archie rather than books that's missing.

I'm just hoping that Wyrd's internal tracking system is robust enough to keep all this straight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

1 hour ago, Stonewall78 said:

That is my guess too. It is not likely they have to deal with backorders that often as the webstore would normally not let you buy it if it was not in stock.

1 hour ago, LeperColony said:

I am in a similar boat, except for me it's Archie rather than books that's missing.

I'm just hoping that Wyrd's internal tracking system is robust enough to keep all this straight.

Yeah so I guess that is my main concern.  With a team that is already by their own admission stretched thin, they now have to keep track of what has and has not been shipped through a different system than the one they normally use.

Also, at some point I would expect Wyrd to just give regular updates on the status of missing books/models rather than wait as long as possible for each info drop.  It looks like whatever issues they had with the books were not resolved this week like they expected.

I got everything but the High Society Box I ordered. I assume because they ran out of stock. Is there any internal tracking regarding this?

I’m totally understanding and willing to be patient. I just don’t want 5 months to go by, never hear back, and when I follow up get told it looks like that order was filled. Is there any email that could be sent just so I have official documentation that that product is still waiting to be fulfilled?

Thank You.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

I got everything but the High Society Box I ordered. I assume because they ran out of stock. Is there any internal tracking regarding this?

I’m totally understanding and willing to be patient. I just don’t want 5 months to go by, never hear back, and when I follow up get told it looks like that order was filled. Is there any email that could be sent just so I have official documentation that that product is still waiting to be fulfilled?

Thank You.

You have the packing slip, yes? That is documentation. 

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Thank You.

Yeah this is exactly how I feel.

11 hours ago, tmod said:

How does this work, I've filled out the forms, included a cut & paste of my Wyrd store e-mailed receipt, is that adequate??

I've had no message or record of the digital-book application, I'm not sure if I should simply wait or if I left something out.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

Thank you for your reply

Sadly I did not receive an update or email as promised. I have checked all of my email addresses and their respective junk folders.  Can you confirm it was sent, might be an issue my end. Otherwise, can you let me know when to expect further communication?

George

Hi @Wyrd Office, can I get an update on this???

I'm am beginning to lose patience over the lack of communication.

George 

16 minutes ago, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

Hi @Wyrd Office, can I get an update on this???

I'm am beginning to lose patience over the lack of communication.

George 

Hi George, 

Sorry for the radio silence this weekend! I was awaiting word about your package. We received word as of this morning that it cannot be recalled as it had already left the country, but I'm told you can refuse it so it will be sent back to us, and we can finalize your request. Again, my apologies for the delay and the mixup. I also sent an email to you with this information, which may be more readily accessible for you should you need it. 

Hi guys,

Thanks for the queries! All good questions, and I have a few answers:

-If you ordered books, your order has been copied and kept to track the processing of your books, EVEN IF your order on our webstore says it has been fulfilled. No one has gotten any books yet, but our team is working hard together to make sure everyone does soon!
-If you ordered something else that is listed on your invoice as "Backordered" or "BO", the same process is being used to ensure those are not lost, and once your item is restocked, we'll be sending it on to you.
-Initially, it wasn't clear that we could separate some items when applying the shipping information for your original orders, but we have since updated that process so only items that have shipped will be listed as such. Apologies to those whose orders were in the first group, but we have a system in place to make sure orders from both groups are fulfilled correctly and none are lost/abandoned/forgotten/take 5 months to fulfill.

We always welcome questions here or via our customer service channel, but please note that most of your questions about when your package will arrive can only be answered in the fullness of time and with the blessing of our mail carriers. Once your order is ready to ship, you will receive an email with new tracking information. I hope this alleviates some of the concerns noted here.

• Thanks 2