An Update on Shipping Delays

Kyle

2 hours ago, dancater said:

Got an e-mail response saying my order has been looked at and I'd be receiving a shipping update soon.  Less than 2 hours later I got a shipping confirmation e-mail.

Pleased.

Has your order moved out of "pre-shipping"? It seems like a lot are in that limbo.

13 hours ago, tmod said:

Brutal Fate have in fact already reached retailers. If some, or indeed most, retailers have yet to get it that's due to distributors not ordering enough to fulfill demand. It only takes a single retailer to have it in stock to prove it has in fact been sent out...

Wayland Games in the UK have 10+ in stock as of writing...

It has never seen stock in USA.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

9 hours ago, WEiRD sKeTCH said:

I guess the update we in pre-shipment limbo need is whether USPS picked up their packages last week or not. ❤️

They did not. My shipping notice was issued last Monday morning. USPS may not be the most reliable organization in the world, but they aren't wrong in aggregate this much. There are no hurricane related shipping delays in Georgia yet (although there may be some soon). I use USPS's informed delivery service, so I reliably get notices on things that are scanned or are going to be delivered. They are not perfect but USPS does not take 8 days to deliver a 2-day package. I would guess that Wyrd optimistically printed labels for a lot of shipments and didn't receive what they expected. My order doesn't have books so I would guess it is something like the Euripides  box. 

26 minutes ago, Trample said:

There are no hurricane related shipping delays in Georgia yet

There are, but for southern Georgia. (The 312-315 iirc) That shouldn't prevent pick up in the 300 where Wyrd is but it might be adding a backlog with Savannah notably offline, meaning the Atlanta area that Wyrd's office is a subsidiary of is likely handling more traffic than usual. But yeah, most likely wyrd had problems going on that we don't know about with such a widespread issue.

2 hours ago, Trample said:

They did not. My shipping notice was issued last Monday morning. USPS may not be the most reliable organization in the world, but they aren't wrong in aggregate this much. There are no hurricane related shipping delays in Georgia yet (although there may be some soon). I use USPS's informed delivery service, so I reliably get notices on things that are scanned or are going to be delivered. They are not perfect but USPS does not take 8 days to deliver a 2-day package. I would guess that Wyrd optimistically printed labels for a lot of shipments and didn't receive what they expected. My order doesn't have books so I would guess it is something like the Euripides  box. 

If this is what happened I'm seriously considering cancelling my ~$200 order. I truly hope you are mistaken, because printing out shipping labels when they weren't actually able to ship said order is deceptive. Were they using the shipping labels to "buy time" for product to get to the warehouse? If so, why did Kelly invite us to contact customer service if our product hadn't shipped yet?

I'll buy M2E stuff that is in stock at an LGS and get the 3E cards from an online retailer. It won't  be my first pick for a crew box but at least I'll be able to play...

15 hours ago, Yew Arcane said:

They will be providing digital copies to anyone who bought a book. They will be providing more details soon.

I think the point was that if you have ordered the book from Wyrd then you have bought the book. It might be a nice gesture of goodwill to speed up the delivery of digital codes to people who have bought the book but will now have to wait longer for the physical copy to be delivered. It isn't as if Wyrd would be providing anything they would not be providing anyway.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hot4Perdita said:

It has never seen stock in USA.

If you've paid attention to how the distributor system is working this is highly unlikely. Wyrd orders stock based on what distributors pre-order, then ship this out. Distributors pre-order based on the interest from retailers, and distribute amongst their customers. What has happened here is that several distributors have underestimated demand, and tried to get more than their original order. This has caused a lack of product all over the world. The idea that wyrd would secretly stash away some products and only ship them abroad is wildly conspiratorial at best, disingenuous and dishonest at worst. If UK distributors got the set you can be certain that US distributors got it as well. Probably not in high enough numbers, but that's largely the fault of retailers and distributors (Wyrd has stated they ordered way more product for the release than the estimates, but still not enough to satisfy demand). Maybe some retailers (or even many) didn't get stock; either they didn't order enough or early enough or they got screwed by their distributor. Or both.

4 hours ago, Thedeadclaw said:

My LGS had it in KY iirc...

And there you go. If a single retailer got it then it's demonstrably false that the distribution chain in the US did see the product. 

• Agree 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

5 hours ago, gozer said:

If this is what happened I'm seriously considering cancelling my ~$200 order. I truly hope you are mistaken, because printing out shipping labels when they weren't actually able to ship said order is deceptive. Were they using the shipping labels to "buy time" for product to get to the warehouse? If so, why did Kelly invite us to contact customer service if our product hadn't shipped yet?

I'll buy M2E stuff that is in stock at an LGS and get the 3E cards from an online retailer. It won't  be my first pick for a crew box but at least I'll be able to play...

Hey so I have obviously been waiting just like many other people on a very large order- I got a notice last night (in Korea) that my entire order shipped.  You can see back a couple pages on this thread what I ordered.  So I obviously don't know if it includes everything.  It SAYS it is the entire order, and I can see updates on USPS.  I will let y'all know once I get it what is actually in the box.

I am just as unhappy as a lot of y'all are with this process, but I can't lie -when I saw my stuff had shipped I got pretty excited.  Its a great game I have been playing since the end of 1st and I truly am pumped to see how 3e does.

Hopefully it turns out ok.  I really hope Wyrd figures out how to make this right, I am bit unhappy with some of the communication which I agree with others was not always 100 percent clear on what was actually happening.  I am glad that some of the staff eventually made some efforts, although it took far too long imo.

So, ignore the strange dudes on this thread who think Wyrd has done nothing wrong even when Wyrd says they did something wrong, hang in there and we will get through this together.

7 hours ago, gozer said:

Oh, I don't think they're doing anything purposefully deceptive. What is likely happening (just guessing) is that they're printing out a picklist and shipping label simultaneously. The shipping label accompanies the picklist through the process of picking in the warehouse. The picked order is delivered to the shipping area where it is hopefully processed by someone other than the picker. The shipper QA's the order, seals the box, and applies the shipping label. The box is then waiting for USPS. 

It may very will be the case that some of the items on that picklist are not available because one of their partners (like the book shipper) didn't get them what they said they were going to get at the time. It may also be that the stack is so large they are just way behind. 

Again, just guesses based on what I know other companies do. So if that is what happened it doesn't mean they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes if your order (and mine) have fallen behind in that stack. 

1 hour ago, dannydb said:

Slightly changing subject, but how long does it roughly take for wyrd to respond to emails? I've sent an email to them regarding a issue and yet to see a response 48 hours on

I don't know the answer, but I can imagine that for the month of August there was a backlog built up, and it was a long weekend, so potentially 4 days worth of e-mails to get through and so far only 1 day to have worked on it. It may depend on what your e-mail was about as well. I know I have sent Mispacked issues, and all I heard was the postman putting the correct thing through the door a few weeks later. 

8 hours ago, tmod said:

And there you go. If a single retailer got it then it's demonstrably false that the distribution chain in the US did see the product. 

That’s really strange, because the two largest online USA Malifaux retailers got zero, and none of the local stores got any either. There has also been no copies available on eBay, and I check every day. So one random local game store getting one is strange. You would think that the top retailers would get product before low volume sellers.

5 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

That’s really strange, because the two largest online USA Malifaux retailers got zero, and none of the local stores got any either. There has also been no copies available on eBay, and I check every day. So one random local game store getting one is strange. You would think that the top retailers would get product before low volume sellers.

Oh, I agree. One would think, just as one would think distributors and stores took into account the drop in sales due to early announcement of M3e when guessing demand. But there are several possible explanations. Maybe some of the stores got stock, but fulfilled (some) preorders before adding it to the stock list? I know the store I ordered from have placed faction packs back on preorder, even though I got mine from them back in July. Maybe some distributors have a policy to try to fulfill some small orders rather than half-fulfill all orders? I don't know, but there is zero chance none were shipped when at least some stores received stock. And as everything is shipped out of Georgia it's pretty far fetched that some choice items where earmarked for London and thus deliberately kept away from the US market...

1 minute ago, tmod said:

Oh, I agree. One would think, just as one would think distributors and stores took into account the drop in sales due to early announcement of M3e when guessing demand. But there are several possible explanations. Maybe some of the stores got stock, but fulfilled (some) preorders before adding it to the stock list? I know the store I ordered from have placed faction packs back on preorder, even though I got mine from them back in July. Maybe some distributors have a policy to try to fulfill some small orders rather than half-fulfill all orders? I don't know, but there is zero chance none were shipped when at least some stores received stock. And as everything is shipped out of Georgia it's pretty far fetched that some choice items where earmarked for London and thus deliberately kept away from the US market...

I know Miniature Market ordered 20+ of all the new releases, including repacks, and got no Brutal Fate.

1 hour ago, thebarbalag said:

I know Miniature Market ordered 20+ of all the new releases, including repacks, and got no Brutal Fate.

That’s one of the stores I was referring to.

Not to change topic, but on a side note: T-mod- You are in UK? I know quite a few folks on here are. I might be traveling to London on business in the future. I think the company puts us in a hotel near South Kensington. Are there any places there I could meet up and maybe play a game with you fine lads when the time comes?

20 hours ago, gozer said:

Has your order moved out of "pre-shipping"? It seems like a lot are in that limbo.

Yep, checked the e-mail and the in-store order, my stuff reports as shipped and I have tracking numbers.

I'm guessing that the back log will clear pretty efficiently, I certainly get the impression that Wyrd is trying to do everything they can subject to back log on supplies.

I was hoping for an update, this was better than I expected.

Hi @Kyle

On 20th August I requested my GenCon order be cancelled by email - I received a reply saying this had been passed on to a supervisor.

Two weeks later, yesterday, I received an email saying the order had been shipped to me. Very disappointed by this as I gave plenty of notice between cancellation and shipping. I sent an email immediately yesterday but it has been 24 hours and I've had no communication back.

Sorry if this isn't really your area, or the right way to go about trying to get this fixed, but where should I go from now? I really don't want it to be shipped to the UK as I will have to pay customs to release it and send back for a refund. Do I have to accept the fact I will receive the unwanted miniatures?  Can I return them? Please point me in the right direction if you can!

Ta

George

19 hours ago, Maladroit said:

I think the point was that if you have ordered the book from Wyrd then you have bought the book. It might be a nice gesture of goodwill to speed up the delivery of digital codes to people who have bought the book but will now have to wait longer for the physical copy to be delivered. It isn't as if Wyrd would be providing anything they would not be providing anyway.

The timing is no doubt a coincidence but here it is:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/m3e-digital-book-promotion?fbclid=IwAR29mUR7n5tHcZfP7629jC2CcZg7gUfD6ucEtfKsIsm1XIZXBdFr0ZoMCrM