An Update on Shipping Delays

Kyle

28 minutes ago, Trample said:

I don't know what the USPS practices are, but I revived my shipping notice Monday morning but as of now (Friday evening) my order hasn't moved. I would assume the shipping labels are printed to match with shipments but the order picking hasn't been done yet. It feels a little bit like when the plane backs away from the gate and then they tell you you're not going to take off because the destination airport is restricting traffic. Technically they are credited with an on-time departure but  really you're just late. So my 7/31 order is technically shipped but perhaps not yet picked. I'm more frustrated now that I received the shipping notification Monday morning than if I hadn't received one at all.  

The United States Postal Service runs about as smoothly as any other part of the US government. 

• Agree 3

Hey all,

I placed a GenCon order for shipping to far off distant shores early that weekend (31st July) and have heard not a thing since.

Last week, tracking advice in this thread, I put in a customer service inquiry, just to check status, still nothing.

So I'm wondering what is going on basically....

If there is anything more or that I should/need to do.  My order (#25836) included main rules, a faction book, cards and mini's.  So honestly given the issues I expect a long wait, but I was hoping for an update on maybe how long. 

I saw other people post this, but I didn't see an answer, maybe I missed it.

My stuff was flagged fulfilled on the 27th. But the tracking just shows label printed, not picked up. Now this could be USPS, but I was forced 3 day shipping AND my order included books.

Have orders with books shipped at all? What I see says they are still waiting on them. 

2 minutes ago, CrimsonWraith said:

I saw other people post this, but I didn't see an answer, maybe I missed it.

My stuff was flagged fulfilled on the 27th. But the tracking just shows label printed, not picked up. Now this could be USPS, but I was forced 3 day shipping AND my order included books.

Have orders with books shipped at all? What I see says they are still waiting on them. 

Orders of just books haven't shipped. The books still haven't arrived at Wyrd's warehouse yet. If your order contained both books and other stuff, it seems that those orders have been split at no cost to you, and the not-book stuff has likely shipped separately. The books are hoped to arrive at the warehouse later this week.

Yes. July releases did reach retailers. Any out of stock answers are distributors underestinating their orders for stores again.

And as they said on this thread, the releases for August, September and October got bumped a month to compensate for the Gencon debaucle. They presumably didn't have time to pick for Auguat releases so we're on a one month delay now.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

Yes. July releases did reach retailers. Any out of stock answers are distributors underestinating their orders for stores again.

Not all July releases reached the retailers. The Brutal Fate kit, which was a July release, still has not made it to 2 of the biggest online Malifaux retailers. They have yet to receive any at all. 

Some time ago I contacted to ask what happened to the orders before the post was created, the answer you gave me was this and I have not received any information, since we spent money we would like to know some kind of update or more accurate estimate of when they could be there, since more than a month since the orders.

A greetings.

image.thumb.png.44091c38fc4c0ca6a7ca9af1686416e9.png

6 hours ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Not all July releases reached the retailers. The Brutal Fate kit, which was a July release, still has not made it to 2 of the biggest online Malifaux retailers. They have yet to receive any at all. 

Brutal Fate have in fact already reached retailers. If some, or indeed most, retailers have yet to get it that's due to distributors not ordering enough to fulfill demand. It only takes a single retailer to have it in stock to prove it has in fact been sent out...

Wayland Games in the UK have 10+ in stock as of writing...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, darksoul281 said:

Some time ago I contacted to ask what happened to the orders before the post was created, the answer you gave me was this and I have not received any information, since we spent money we would like to know some kind of update or more accurate estimate of when they could be there, since more than a month since the orders.

A greetings.

image.thumb.png.44091c38fc4c0ca6a7ca9af1686416e9.png

Kyle actually gave us an update on this.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, Kyle said:

A quick update. We are still chugging away at getting orders completed and shipped out as quickly as we are able. Unfortunately, even with the entire staff in the warehouse, it looks like we didn’t hit our mid-week estimate.  We have a small team coming in tomorrow to wrap up anything that still needs doing and going back to double-check that everyone’s order updated properly.

Unfortunately, some of the obstacles in front of us were not in our own control, and we are addressing them in the only way we know how. We aren't in the practice of publicly airing our dirty laundry, but we believe that you all deserve an honest answer. For the last decade, we have worked with the same production company to produce our books across all of our games. We have built up a strong relationship with them, and have never once doubted any of the information presented to us. We were affirmed on numerous occasions that the books would arrive at our warehouse while we were away at Gen Con, which is why we decided to sell the books early in the first place. Since then, we have been misled, and have experienced poor communication, which have led to unexplained delays.

The comfort and familiarity that we had with our printing partner caused us to not question their intentions, instead, believe their delivery promises. Because of that, there has been a negative impact to our schedule and your trust, and we aim to remedy that.

In order to get the orders into your hands as quickly as possible, we have decided to take an approach that may seem counter-intuitive at first. Some orders are going to be split up into several orders at no extra expense to our customers. This does mean that some of the products will be coming later than anticipated.

If you have placed an order for a Faction Book or a product that we unexpectedly ran out of stock, those orders will be split up accordingly, with those products shipping out in another wave of orders as soon as they arrive.  The books are currently en route (we have actually had a shipper confirm) and we expect them in our warehouse in about a week, with the others order coming in just about the same time.

Because of this delay, we felt it was important to regroup and refocus as the delay has rippled down through every aspect of the company.  To remedy the long-term impact that this has on our schedule, we will be bumping August releases to September, September to October, and so on.  This allows our distributors and their retailers a chance to process the new inventory in a timely matter as well.  The new street date is September 20th.  With this, we felt it was only fair to extend the August retail receipt promotion. That now will run until the end of September.

We know that this news is disappointing and for that, we apologize. It is the last thing we want to do to our community. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

@Kyle I understand the delays as unfortunate as they are. Have Wyrd considered releasing PDF codes for faction books to Gen Con pre-orders? I'm sure that access to the content digitally would certainly be seen as a welcome gesture for patience and support and go some way towards salving a large amount of the ill feeling.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, The_death_jester said:

@Kyle I understand the delays as unfortunate as they are. Have Wyrd considered releasing PDF codes for faction books to Gen Con pre-orders? I'm sure that access to the content digitally would certainly be seen as a welcome gesture for patience and support and go some way towards salving a large amount of the ill feeling.

They will be providing digital copies to anyone who bought a book. They will be providing more details soon.

For those still waiting, I got a shipment notice about 3 hours ago, early this morning, so they're still happening. My order was placed about 2 hours after the sale started, and included a little bit of everything; rulebook, faction book, cards, and models. The email said it was a complete shipment of the order, so I assume that means everything is in there. 

24 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

They will be providing digital copies to anyone who bought a book. They will be providing more details soon.

There was a reason this question was aimed at a Wyrd staff member. It is a question of whether or not granting early access in light of substantial delays to physical has been considered. An answer from someone with knowledge of the process rather than a standard in due course is what I was seeking. 

20 minutes ago, gozer said:

Did orders with both models and books split into two orders? 

I hope this is the case. At this point, I would have just not ordered the faction book so I could get the crew box to actually play the game.

Yes that's what has happened to my order about an hour ago. Very admirable of them considering that shipping to Ireland was 24 dollars and that by doing this for a single neverborn faction book they are essentially wiping out their sale of said book by covering a second shipping fee. 

21 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

That was literally just said the other day by Kyle that they were doing that. 

Thanks for the redirect to his post. I missed it!

The reason I asked this in the first place is because I had an order that went to "pre-shipment" on Wednesday of last week and hasn't moved from that status. So, either it's still at Wyrd's Warehouse or USPS didn't scan it in. I'm just trying to figure out which. If the order did get split (as Kyle had mentioned) there is no reason for it to still be at Wyrd's Warehouse, which means USPS probably didn't scan? I don't know. :)

30 minutes ago, gozer said:

Thanks for the redirect to his post. I missed it!

The reason I asked this in the first place is because I had an order that went to "pre-shipment" on Wednesday of last week and hasn't moved from that status. So, either it's still at Wyrd's Warehouse or USPS didn't scan it in. I'm just trying to figure out which. If the order did get split (as Kyle had mentioned) there is no reason for it to still be at Wyrd's Warehouse, which means USPS probably didn't scan? I don't know. :)

USPS is..... notoriously unpredictable on that front.

Given that shipping labels have been printed for last week's orders, but (as far as I can tell), nothing has actually shipped, and the above email suggests that books would be at the warehouse yesterday, is it too much to hope that they'll pack the books before sending those orders out? Otherwise not sure why orders with labels printed early last week still haven't made it to USPS for shipping yet. 

1 hour ago, Yew Arcane said:

USPS is..... notoriously unpredictable on that front.

I hope you're right - I really do - because that means USPS picked up the package Wednesday (or Thursday at the latest) and I should have the package today! Unfortunately, other orders got their "pre shipment" notice last Monday and have yet to receive their package.

I hope Kyle does another update or Shannon at customer service has a chance to reply to my e-mail so we can know for sure!

btw THANK YOU SHANNON for dealing so kindly with us rabid wyrdos. ❤️