An Update on Shipping Delays

Kyle

1 minute ago, dope_danny said:

While i understand its out of Wyrds hands its hard not to be a bit salty that a June preorder rulebook might not arrive till a quarter of a year later or even longer.

The M3E Core Rulebook is not affected, only Faction Book preorders made during the Gen Con sale. 

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

@Kyle, thank you for that. I did have a quick question. We placed two separate orders days apart. We received the first one, but are still waiting on the second. The second did not involve any books, and we understand the delays. Our question is when should we contact you about the status of the order if we don’t hear anything tomorrow? We’re patient we just don’t want to slip through the cracks.

During the gencon I bought 2 bands and a faction book the first day according to the promotion of alt seamus, my friends waited a couple of days later and also bought faction books and the same bands, almost a month ago, my order still It has not been updated and its shipment has almost arrived. What order do you use to prioritize shipments? because I see that hurrying to buy something has not helped ...
It is not the first time I have problems with wyrd, the first time was when I bought the box of collodi that the 3 wicked dolls were missing, then a goryo was missing half a ghost, a mah tucket without a hat, a kaeris without letters and not talk about the unfortunate quality of cough models, with huge cracks and very bent parts, which also with the high price of cough minis could have a better material than what is used ...
The truth is that I am quite disappointed with wyrd in general, I like malifaux and I like cough, I dedicate many hours and a lot of money and I feel that they laugh in my face, I can understand that the team is small but I don't think that justifies a job badly done, I hope this is improving a bit so that these things are not repeated.
Greetings.

• Respectfully Disagree 3

5 hours ago, darksoul281 said:

During the gencon I bought 2 bands and a faction book the first day according to the promotion of alt seamus, my friends waited a couple of days later and also bought faction books and the same bands, almost a month ago, my order still It has not been updated and its shipment has almost arrived. What order do you use to prioritize shipments? because I see that hurrying to buy something has not helped ...
It is not the first time I have problems with wyrd, the first time was when I bought the box of collodi that the 3 wicked dolls were missing, then a goryo was missing half a ghost, a mah tucket without a hat, a kaeris without letters and not talk about the unfortunate quality of cough models, with huge cracks and very bent parts, which also with the high price of cough minis could have a better material than what is used ...
The truth is that I am quite disappointed with wyrd in general, I like malifaux and I like cough, I dedicate many hours and a lot of money and I feel that they laugh in my face, I can understand that the team is small but I don't think that justifies a job badly done, I hope this is improving a bit so that these things are not repeated.
Greetings.

If things are done like in previous sales they don't ship things in order (ie first in-first out). That is because of the huge amounts of orders in a short amount of time, and sorting every order to make sure they are fulfilled chronologically would take a lot of extra time, meaning the orders would take even longer time to get through.

I don't know what you're referring to with regards to "cough models", I presume it's some sort of autocorrect issue. I'm sorry you've been unlucky with misspacks. I had a string of unlucky misspacks a few years ago, but very little the last few years. Every time I've had missing parts Wyrd have fixed things very quickly though...

12 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

My problem with all this is you knew this was going on at the last update.  The books which were supposed to have arrived hadn't, and there was no mention of that at that time.  

To be honest, feeling deceived at this point.  

As of the last update, we were assured once again that everything was on track and we could move forward as we stated.  We have also been deceived, it's been one of the most frustrating production situations we have ever been in.  A third-party vendor has been able to confirm for us with confidence that the books are on the way and we will let everyone know as soon as they arrive.  Fulfilling any backorders caused because of the issue will be the priority for the entire team. 

All we can do at this point is apologize and thank everyone for their patience. 

• Thanks 2

Thank you for the update.  I know in previous posts you had stated that pickups via USPS are Mon-Thursday, has this been addressed with USPS for Friday pickups for a few weeks?

I was going to request a pickup for my boxes from USPS website, but didn't want to cause you guys any issues.

6 minutes ago, bstorz said:

Thank you for the update.  I know in previous posts you had stated that pickups via USPS are Mon-Thursday, has this been addressed with USPS for Friday pickups for a few weeks?

I was going to request a pickup for my boxes from USPS website, but didn't want to cause you guys any issues.

Our requests have been via in person, phone and website.  The issue is we hold our standard business hours Monday - Thursday and so the post office doesn't worry about us on Friday's. It's been a challenge to get them to change their ways.  Like we mentioned in the first update, we are going to be looking at several options to find ways to work around this issues for future sales. 

• Agree 1

Our intent was to never deceive or mislead our community. We meant to provide you all with an honest update while simultaneously attempting to maintain a long relationship with one our manufacturers.

This is just as frustrating for us. Not only do we have a reputation to uphold, but we love our community – you are all the reason why we are able to come in to work every day and make this stuff. I’m sorry that we were unable to tell you all sooner.

15 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

@Kyle, thank you for that. I did have a quick question. We placed two separate orders days apart. We received the first one, but are still waiting on the second. The second did not involve any books, and we understand the delays. Our question is when should we contact you about the status of the order if we don’t hear anything tomorrow? We’re patient we just don’t want to slip through the cracks.

I can't look up your order at the moment, so I'm not sure as to the reason for the delay on your second order. We have people taking care of orders today, so if you don't hear anything by Tuesday (Monday is a national holiday in the states), reach out to us.

7 hours ago, darksoul281 said:

Greetings.

The order in which we receive an order is a factor, but not the only one. There are other factors that we have to consider, too, such as location, size, product type, shipping provider, and many, many more. 

Missing plastic on a sprue is an equally frustrating but separate issue, and I apologize if the opinion of the quality of our product has been lowered by those mishaps. There are a thousand different things that could have happened in each of those instances. Sadly, these things happen and are inevitable to happen from time to time - it does sound like you've hit the poorer side of the odds, so I understand your frustration. We actively try to reduce and remedy these issues in as many avenues we can. If something like that happens to you, just reach out to us and we will take care of it. 

• Thanks 1

I received shipping confirmation on Wednesday (as I'm sure MANY others did).

However, my USPS tracking number still shows this package listed as "pre-shipment". I'm guessing that means it's still at Wyrd's warehouse waiting for pickup from USPS? Does this mean it'll be Tuesday before they'll be picking it up?

Thank you guys so much for the updates!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

@Kyle thank you for the response. To clarify your response was all I was looking for. I assumed you wouldn’t be able to look up my order individually. Thank you for your time.

If you don't have an update the order has shipped by this evening, please reach out to customer service.  There are a few of us in the office today working to get the last of things wrapped up. There will still be some clean up next week, but we're making the last of the pushes to get everything possible out the door. 

So, it's not very clear from the update, but if you've ordered books, even if you've gotten a shipping notice that says your books are on the way, they are not. You will not be receiving your books for at least a few weeks. 

While I believe that no deception was intended, one has been perpetrated. We were told book were going to be processed on 8/12 (18 days ago). Before that date and every day since, as we've waited, assuming that are orders were just in the queue, they weren't and Wyrd knew they weren't. Just because Wyrd was told that they were still coming, they weren't there on the 22nd when the first update on the shipping process came out. And you knew they weren't. On the 22nd, you weren't 10 days into processing orders with books in them. You could have just said that. Even if the books were still on the way, and you still expected them, you knew they hadn't arrived when you told us they would have.

You could have just told us. This just feels like compounding another disappointment on the layers of disappointment. I know you probably feel like there's no win for you here, and maybe that's true. But, we've gone from, "books and products at Gen Con," to "books and some of those products online at Gen Con," to "hopefully the product will arrive at Gen Con tomorrow," to "some of those products not at all, and books processed a few days later once we get back," to "taking a bit longer than we expected, hang in there," and now, "the date  we told you for the books was blown by weeks, we knew but didn't tell you, now we're telling you." Not for nothing, but if you'd told me, I'd have told you not to split my order and just wait until the books arrive. Coulda saved the extra shipping. As it stands, I went from patiently waiting for my shipping notice, to super excited to have gotten it, to super bummed that the part I was really excited about (the books) wasn't in there and it would be a few more weeks.

Rant over. Carry on making a game I love that I really wish had a better production and distribution chain and I won't mention how many times I've had to explain to people that August release doesn't mean you should expect product in the store in August.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Respectfully Disagree 2

7 hours ago, Kelly said:

As of the last update, we were assured once again that everything was on track and we could move forward as we stated.  We have also been deceived, it's been one of the most frustrating production situations we have ever been in.  A third-party vendor has been able to confirm for us with confidence that the books are on the way and we will let everyone know as soon as they arrive.  Fulfilling any backorders caused because of the issue will be the priority for the entire team. 

All we can do at this point is apologize and thank everyone for their patience. 

"We were also deceived" doesn't excuse Wyrd deceiving us.   You weren't giving us false information because the information you had was false.  The information you were providing was false because you, like them, thought that you would end up getting away with it, because the volume of the order in the meantime provided a cover story.  So you went with it.  

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 4

34 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

"We were also deceived" doesn't excuse Wyrd deceiving us.   You weren't giving us false information because the information you had was false.  The information you were providing was false because you, like them, thought that you would end up getting away with it, because the volume of the order in the meantime provided a cover story.  So you went with it.  

It sounds like you're just outraged for outrage's sake. For your allegation to be true, they would have had to have known the magnitude of their delivery delay at time of posting, and I see nothing to indicate that, nor do I understand what anyone would hope to gain by lying about it if they did. You're inferring information and ascribing intent.

As someone who's actually done warehouse work, this sounds par for the course. If your company isn't big enough to beat your third party partners to death with a sock filled with gold bars wrapped in legal contracts, good luck getting a straight or timely answer when the delivery truck shows up and product isn't there.

• Agree 5
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Thanks for the update @Kyle. I can understand your explanation for the underestimation of demand, but what is the reason for certain July and August releases never even getting to retailers? For example, most of the Effigy/ Fate model boxes are mostly in stock with retailers, but the Brutal Fate Box is still MIA, no retailers have even seen one box. So some models and product that should have been long released have not been delivered to retailers. Any idea on these items? 

8 hours ago, gozer said:

However, my USPS tracking number still shows this package listed as "pre-shipment". I'm guessing that means it's still at Wyrd's warehouse waiting for pickup from USPS? Does this mean it'll be Tuesday before they'll be picking it up?

I can't speak to Wyrd specifically, but I can say that often USPS doesn't bother scanning or updating all their packages properly. I can't count the number of times the tracking didn't update on a USPS package until the day of delivery for a variety of packages. It might be that they are still awaiting pickup, but I trust USPS tracking about as far as I can throw a mail truck. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Kelly said:

If you don't have an update the order has shipped by this evening, please reach out to customer service.  There are a few of us in the office today working to get the last of things wrapped up. There will still be some clean up next week, but we're making the last of the pushes to get everything possible out the door. 

So I just emailed, got an out of office reply.  

My order is: 

Euripides Box

Dreamer Box

Marcus Box

Brine and Bones

All faction books

Core book

I have not received one email regarding this order, other than when I checked two days ago finally and was told that it was being processed.  Webstore status says unfulfilled. That is a $445 order that was placed 31 July.   Does that fall into the 'clean up' category?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Bob borrows $10 from you and promises to pay you back on Monday. You owe Tommy $10 and since you trust Bob to pay you on Monday, you tell Tommy you can pay him Monday. Monday rolls around and no money from Bob. You ask Bob again and he gets back to you on Tuesday and says sorry, he'll pay you on Friday. You are annoyed, but still trust Bob - you've known him a long time. You apologize to Tommy and tell him you'll have the money on Friday. When Friday rolls around Bob still doesn't pay you the $10. He says sorry again and shrugs his shoulders. He promises this time he'll pay you next Wednesday. Now you have to tell Tommy that you can't pay him yet again because you trusted Bob. Now Tommy's trust in you is damaged because of your trust in Bob. 

Are you dishonest in this case? Or are you relying on the truth from a trusted friend and being deceived. Now you've misinformed Tommy twice, but the only fault of yours was trusting someone that you had faith in and having that trust ruined. It doesn't make you deceptive. It makes you human. 

It sounds like the whole situation sucks, but at least Wyrd is trying to keep us informed. Would you have preferred for them to stay quiet until now without any updates? People were already pillorying them for slow communication. It sounds like in trying their best to keep us informed, they trusted the word of someone else who unfortunately took advantage of a long relationship. 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Bob borrows $10 from you and promises to pay you back on Monday. You owe Tommy $10 and since you trust Bob to pay you on Monday, you tell Tommy you can pay him Monday. Monday rolls around and no money from Bob. You ask Bob again and he gets back to you on Tuesday and says sorry, he'll pay you on Friday. You are annoyed, but still trust Bob - you've known him a long time. You apologize to Tommy and tell him you'll have the money on Friday. When Friday rolls around Bob still doesn't pay you the $10. He says sorry again and shrugs his shoulders. He promises this time he'll pay you next Wednesday. Now you have to tell Tommy that you can't pay him yet again because you trusted Bob. Now Tommy's trust in you is damaged because of your trust in Bob. 

Are you dishonest in this case? Or are you relying on the truth from a trusted friend and being deceived. Now you've misinformed Tommy twice, but the only fault of yours was trusting someone that you had faith in and having that trust ruined. It doesn't make you deceptive. It makes you human. 

It sounds like the whole situation sucks, but at least Wyrd is trying to keep us informed. Would you have preferred for them to stay quiet until now without any updates? People were already pillorying them for slow communication. It sounds like in trying their best to keep us informed, they trusted the word of someone else who unfortunately took advantage of a long relationship. 

Except this is when you apologize to Tommy the first time, you tell him that the problem is something completely unrelated but that you know they will be sympathetic to and that will resolve itself without relying on a third party that has already failed once.  And yes, the middleman in all that was taken advantage of, but you are also taking advantage of Tommy.

• Like 1

I don't know what the USPS practices are, but I revived my shipping notice Monday morning but as of now (Friday evening) my order hasn't moved. I would assume the shipping labels are printed to match with shipments but the order picking hasn't been done yet. It feels a little bit like when the plane backs away from the gate and then they tell you you're not going to take off because the destination airport is restricting traffic. Technically they are credited with an on-time departure but  really you're just late. So my 7/31 order is technically shipped but perhaps not yet picked. I'm more frustrated now that I received the shipping notification Monday morning than if I hadn't received one at all.