An Update on Shipping Delays

Kyle

2 hours ago, Kardboard Wizard said:

I might have misread whats been going on, but what happening with orders in Europe (i'm in the U.K.) IOrdered my Ulix core set and faction book form my LGS a couple of months ago and have not yet received my product. Is there still shipping delays?

https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

Gremlin Faction book is a September release so no surprise on that front.

Ulix being a July release really ought to be available now. Worth noting that when Wyrd says "July" they mean "late July". I ordered Marcus Core Box (also a July release) and only received it 19th of August. That's perfectly normal delay for my LGS. I don't know about yours.

If I was you I'd contact the LGS and inquire about status of my order. Also make sure they understand that faction book won't be coming out for another month and some, just in case they're sitting on the Ulix order until they can get the book too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

Gremlin Faction book is a September release so no surprise on that front.

Ulix being a July release really ought to be available now. Worth noting that when Wyrd says "July" they mean "late July". I ordered Marcus Core Box (also a July release) and only received it 19th of August. That's perfectly normal delay for my LGS. I don't know about yours.

If I was you I'd contact the LGS and inquire about status of my order. Also make sure they understand that faction book won't be coming out for another month and some, just in case they're sitting on the Ulix order until they can get the book too.

Every time I ask my LGS Im met with a shrug. They seem to not know when it's gonna be....

7 minutes ago, Venomsuit said:

If we were pre-ordering Faction books at GenCon and not buying them, y'all should have said so, Kyle.

Considering they weren't officially released yet, it should have been obvious what it was.

Just now, Toqtamish said:

There was no books at GenCon at all. They were online only and not due to ship till the 12th as per the website info you had to respond to before completing your order. 

And it was the 12th at the earliest.

Hey does anyone know if they're still on schedule with this? I feel really concerned right now since there's been a big uptick in staff forum activity today, today was the goal date, and I still haven't heard anything about my order shipping. I messaged them and got told it was being processed last week and I figured it'd go out with one of the batches this week, but still haven't heard anything so I'm really concerned. No Euripides and no faction books, before people try to help troubleshoot with that. Just want to know if I should be concerned tbh

6 minutes ago, thebarbalag said:

So Friday, Saturday? I only ask because this post from a week ago said "middle of next week."

He said:

With the work that the team is scheduled to do over the next several days (including the weekend) and the pace they are currently working at, we believe that we will wrap up all of the orders by the middle of next week.

Emphasis mine.

This means that it wasn't some declaration that they will for sure without doubt have it done by the middle of the week. It was an estimation not a calculation.

• Agree 1

I understand your frustration with it being Wednesday and still not having received any additional information about your order - and I'm not saying that as a generic brush-off, either. I genuinely get it. I would be frustrated too. 

We are working as fast as we can, and are aiming to have the remaining orders processed tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

He said:

Emphasis mine.

This means that it wasn't some declaration that they will for sure without doubt have it done by the middle of the week. It was an estimation not a calculation.

I get you. I'm not losing my mind, I'm not angry, but I asked if the middle of the week target (not guarantee, I'm not a crazy person), was still on track. The answer to that question was, "No." That's fine, but that's the answer I was looking for, "We're still on track to complete them this week," is good information, that I appreciate. It is not, however, the answer to my question. I get that people don't want to hear, or say, "No," but sometimes that's the answer, and that's fine.

And again, Kyle, I appreciate the response. The only mildly frustrating thing is the absence of an honest admission of, "No, sorry, we didn't make our hoped-for goal of clearing all the orders by the middle of next week. Going to be a few more days to get everything squared away."

It doesn't matter. It's not a big deal. I'm not pitching a fit.

Is there any chance that you could maybe take some time when thibgs calm down to like. Explain what the process was like to us? Because a lot of the frustration has been with how random things have looked from out end. People with identical or near identical orders having weeks between orders means they weren't picked by order contents, it wasn't by area, it wasn't first in first out, and I'm not factoring in any orders with the publicly known delayed products on them. It's absolutely maddening from our end and it'd be great to hear why thibgs were handled the way that they were because I'm sure you all must have had some method but from where we're sitting it's just... Not at all apparent.

• Like 2

For what it's worth to those (like me) still waiting for a shipping notification, I had great luck sending an email via the "Email Us" link on the store page. It took some time for the response to come through, I'm reasonably sure everyone at Wyrd is putting in hours at the warehouse rather than watching email, but the response I got was excellent. I'd given my order number and got a response detailing exactly what was going on, what issues had already been overcome, and letting me know that one hurdle remained before my order could go out. Lower than planned stock on a M2E model (but with a shipment to the Wyrd Warehouse. Wyrdehouse?) was holding things up, but my minis would ship just as soon as that model was in. Everything I could have wanted to know.

I don't want to flood Wyrd with emails, that'd likely just gum up the works more, but if you're desperate for a status update, try sending something out! Being cordial and understanding and a good bit of patience definitely paid off for me.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Thedeadclaw said:

Is there any chance that you could maybe take some time when thibgs calm down to like. Explain what the process was like to us? Because a lot of the frustration has been with how random things have looked from out end. People with identical or near identical orders having weeks between orders means they weren't picked by order contents, it wasn't by area, it wasn't first in first out, and I'm not factoring in any orders with the publicly known delayed products on them. It's absolutely maddening from our end and it'd be great to hear why thibgs were handled the way that they were because I'm sure you all must have had some method but from where we're sitting it's just... Not at all apparent.

Easier they have explained that mostly they just print out all the orders, and divide them into piles and take one pile each starting at the top. I don't KNOW for a fact that's how they did it this year, bit it'd make sense, probably be the fastest approach, and would explain the random pattern in which stuff is packaged and sent.

For what it's worth I got my shipment today (cards, Nightmare Molly and Miss Seamus), so this makes it the second fastest GenCon shipping from Wyrd since 2013 I think...

So basically, there's no pattern, the time is just random. If you ordered delayed stuff, the time is the delay time plus random. If you don't like it, there's always eBay (for Ltd ed stuff) or LGS later on...

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, tmod said:

Easier they have explained that mostly they just print out all the orders, and divide them into piles and take one pile each starting at the top. I don't KNOW for a fact that's how they did it this year, bit it'd make sense, probably be the fastest approach, and would explain the random pattern in which stuff is packaged and sent.

For what it's worth I got my shipment today (cards, Nightmare Molly and Miss Seamus), so this makes it the second fastest GenCon shipping from Wyrd since 2013 I think...

So basically, there's no pattern, the time is just random. If you ordered delayed stuff, the time is the delay time plus random. If you don't like it, there's always eBay (for Ltd ed stuff) or LGS later on...

Fortunately Wyrd doesn't seem to be taking your suck it up buttercup approach to retail sales.

A quick update. We are still chugging away at getting orders completed and shipped out as quickly as we are able. Unfortunately, even with the entire staff in the warehouse, it looks like we didn’t hit our mid-week estimate.  We have a small team coming in tomorrow to wrap up anything that still needs doing and going back to double-check that everyone’s order updated properly.

Unfortunately, some of the obstacles in front of us were not in our own control, and we are addressing them in the only way we know how. We aren't in the practice of publicly airing our dirty laundry, but we believe that you all deserve an honest answer. For the last decade, we have worked with the same production company to produce our books across all of our games. We have built up a strong relationship with them, and have never once doubted any of the information presented to us. We were affirmed on numerous occasions that the books would arrive at our warehouse while we were away at Gen Con, which is why we decided to sell the books early in the first place. Since then, we have been misled, and have experienced poor communication, which have led to unexplained delays.

The comfort and familiarity that we had with our printing partner caused us to not question their intentions, instead, believe their delivery promises. Because of that, there has been a negative impact to our schedule and your trust, and we aim to remedy that.

In order to get the orders into your hands as quickly as possible, we have decided to take an approach that may seem counter-intuitive at first. Some orders are going to be split up into several orders at no extra expense to our customers. This does mean that some of the products will be coming later than anticipated.

If you have placed an order for a Faction Book or a product that we unexpectedly ran out of stock, those orders will be split up accordingly, with those products shipping out in another wave of orders as soon as they arrive.  The books are currently en route (we have actually had a shipper confirm) and we expect them in our warehouse in about a week, with the others order coming in just about the same time.

Because of this delay, we felt it was important to regroup and refocus as the delay has rippled down through every aspect of the company.  To remedy the long-term impact that this has on our schedule, we will be bumping August releases to September, September to October, and so on.  This allows our distributors and their retailers a chance to process the new inventory in a timely matter as well.  The new street date is September 20th.  With this, we felt it was only fair to extend the August retail receipt promotion. That now will run until the end of September.

We know that this news is disappointing and for that, we apologize. It is the last thing we want to do to our community. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Respectfully Disagree 1