Asami/McCabe/Twin Dragons

NickDub

So I tried the following into a Zoraida Turf War game last night. 

My 10T

Asami - 4ss cache

Amanajaku

Lucas McCabe

Luna

Shadow Emissary

Dawn Serpent

2x tengu

———-

Opponent Zoraida

Zoraida

First Mate

McTavish

2x Silurids

2x Bayou Gators w/ 12Cups Coffee Upgrade

————-

Turf War in Wedge Deployment

Breakthrough (Asami Pick)

Harness Ley

Power Ritual (Zoraida Pick)

Deliver Message (Zoraida Pick on Asami)

Claim Jump (Asami Pick on Tengu that bluffed Power Ritual)

————

Facing Zoraida I was afraid of my own Ranged attacks being used against me so I focused on fast, in your face melee crew + double master making one less obey’able model on the board. Goal was get in enemy DZ and lock up crew (potentially sacrificing the front line) while Asami could summon models to scheme behind the front line and eventually utilize the dragons to “Agile” walk away from engagement and score a breakthrough point if needed. 

First action was Luna drop scrap, pick up and toss to McCabe (healing/damage aura). Second was McCabe “ride with me” on dawn serpent. (5” push), shot NetGun at a Bayou Gator in hopes for a staggered/slow blast, then walk, then charge. Got a bunch of MV and DF duels off his triggers and abilities forcing multiple cheats and gaining some damage. Zoraida hexed McCabe, pitting injures 2 and getting first mate to hit. **Remember, Zoraida can make you dump your hand!!** She made me kick my hand which consisted of a 11,12, and an RJ. 

Then I brought the Dawn Serpent in with a walk/charge on first mate, got min 3 but now counterspell aura is on which taxes the first mates triggers that are built in. Opponent focuses attacks on both dawn serpent and McCabe. Serpent was in HtK and McCabe had 5 health left.

I held onto a 12m from the dump and redraw (thanks Zoraida). I double walked and summoned 2 Akaname 6” further up the board to setup for Breakthrough and to tie up McTavish and a Silurid (Akaname 2” engage is great!!!)

All this is occurring in the opponents DZ which helps with the strat and scheme pool greatly  

Second round, dawn serpent bonus action (5 enemy models in pulse, heal 5!!!) huge boost to survivability. Then it all went down hill for opponent. 

I gotta say, high damage and mobility is STRONG. I know it’s talked about frequently but I finally saw it and was impressed. Also, I feel it’s crucial to have the healing relic on McCabe if Alpha Stalling your opponent  pinging 1 damage and healing 1 per activation when your next to 6 enemy models is huge. Required a ton of opponent resources and attention to deal with them  

Any thoughts on crew choice/strategy for scoring? 

#MaxValue

31 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

Instead of Tengu you could take the Akaname. Far more useful thanks to their ability to create "summoning pools" . What did you use the Tengu for? Flying around placing schemes I suppose

Tengu have a bonus action friendly Obey for Interact Actions. 

They are the unsung heroes of the faction!

Flight Mv6, pulse heal, bonus action to interact with a card draw trigger with a 6tombs.

I Wanted to hit my half’s turf markers then make way over center line. I also bluffed power ritual since it was a min investment with the bonus interact.

Akaname I feel is a better summon then a hire in this crew since you can lock up charge lanes with his reach, will be closer to McCabe to drop scrap (if he survived long enough) and potentially pick up opponents “power ritual” corner marker then drop my own “breakthrough” marker. Having Asami double walk and summon 2 models 6’’ away right in the mix of the cluster. Seemed to work well

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rugh Z'ull said:

Another interesting combo of Asami+Cabe is if opponent wasn't smart enough and placed his models close to each other Asami can push McCabe through such croud up to 3 times. And with Shen instead of Asami you can do this 5 times (with the help of the students).

Ah yes! That would severely piss off an opponent 😃 "How many duels?!"

• Agree 1