Mah tucket tips

WouterR

My usual start with Mah is to deploy into a giant bubble and Horrible Holler three times to Pulse three Focus to most of the force. I use SS to make sure this happens if needed.

Roosters are obviously the craziest. They are just completely bonkers. Mech Pork has good synergy with them as it can help them turn Frantic. Both benefit massively from Mah's Focus. Pumped full of Focus they are death incarnate and can kill almost anything (except for Yan Lo - I poured about fifty damage into Yan in three turns but that thing is unkillable unless you can ignore Demise abilities).

Survivors are quite durable and versatile and can be very good for Schemes which require presence somewhere.

Big Brain Brin is amazing. Trixie isn't bad but BBB kinda overshadows her and taking both seems like too much support.

Sparks isn't bad but a bit situational. Analyze Weakness is sweet but puts a massive target on his head.

SS Miners are absolutely crazy good. Durable, deadly (with the abundance of Focus), and superb Schemers for many situations. Plus, they produce Soul Stones.

Bushwhackers aren't bad but don't take too many. I've always been happy with one, though.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

My usual start with Mah is to deploy into a giant bubble and Horrible Holler three times to Pulse three Focus to most of the force. I use SS to make sure this happens if needed.

Roosters are obviously the craziest. They are just completely bonkers. Mech Pork has good synergy with them as it can help them turn Frantic. Both benefit massively from Mah's Focus. Pumped full of Focus they are death incarnate and can kill almost anything (except for Yan Lo - I poured about fifty damage into Yan in three turns but that thing is unkillable unless you can ignore Demise abilities).

Survivors are quite durable and versatile and can be very good for Schemes which require presence somewhere.

Big Brain Brin is amazing. Trixie isn't bad but BBB kinda overshadows her and taking both seems like too much support.

Sparks isn't bad but a bit situational. Analyze Weakness is sweet but puts a massive target on his head.

SS Miners are absolutely crazy good. Durable, deadly (with the abundance of Focus), and superb Schemers for many situations. Plus, they produce Soul Stones.

Bushwhackers aren't bad but don't take too many. I've always been happy with one, though.

20 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Thx for the detailed info, I'll need to get some more minis then 😁

My normal crew for Mah is

Mah +5ss

Little lass

Trixie

Brin

2x bushwhackers

2x rooster riders with inferiority complex

General idea is use the bushwhackers to lay down pit traps and scheme

Trixie to lure stuff into the open and +1 init

Brin mainly just for the cards

And as mentioned rooster riders to just kill things. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just fell for Black Friday with Mah and I'm re-reading all the topics that include her :P I have a question about the "Careful Planning", if I cheat for the initiative, which suit applies, the one from the original card or the one from the card I've cheated?

Have you find any ways to include Survivors instead of bushwhakers? Do you guys considered to bring some healing? (apart from the BBB situational one)

Thanks!

The second step of the initiative flip is you can cheat it (pg 20) so it should be based off the final card used

generally most tricksy models I find will die before healing will really help them (or in the case of rooster riders you want them to be at half health to turn them into machine guns of death).

Bushwhackers I find are much better than survivors. From the shadows lets you place them to start to scheme turn 2 with stealth keeping them safe if you want to play them more aggressively. With stealth and ignoring cover they can usually take some nice potshots without much fear of retaliation. If an enemy gets close I usually drop a pit trap to block their charge lane (unless they want to go through the pit trap which is usually very painful). I've also killed things doing a focused shot and cheating in a :mask to push the enemy into a pit trap. 

I usually take 2 in my Mah lists which lets me drop 3 pit traps after deployment. Unless the enemy took something like blow it to hell (or is playing Zipp), 3 pit traps can really hinder how fast most models can get around the board. 

• Thanks 1

I have been experimenting with a more Mech-Ma style of list with lots of armour and using crow Initiative flips to add shielded +2 to both my Mechanized Porkchop and Whiskey Golem - making them next to impossible to bring down. So far it has been extremely tough for my opponents to handle especially as your opponent doesn't expect much armour with Mah. 

I also bring Cooper along to help heal the constructs, summon Whiskey Gamin and to "turtle up" in her barrel giving another model with armour and shielded

• Like 1

Whiskey Golem is indeed great with Mah.

I've also taken Spawn Mother with Mah and have consistently managed to produce three Gupps in two turns to take care of certain types of Schemes. Now, there's a couple of things worth noting. First of all, Spawn Mother needs Rams and Mah does as well for the first turn. Second, Gupps aren't nearly as mobile as they used to be unless you're willing to burn Masks so don't expect them to run to the opponent's side of the board.

That said, a Focused Spawn Mother is deadly and I feel that her defenses work better in a Mah list than they do with most other Masters.

Certainly not every time and you need a clear plan for her but she has been consistently good when I've taken her.

On 1/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, wizuriel said:

Bushwhackers I find are much better than survivors. From the shadows lets you place them to start to scheme turn 2 with stealth keeping them safe if you want to play them more aggressively. With stealth and ignoring cover they can usually take some nice potshots without much fear of retaliation. If an enemy gets close I usually drop a pit trap to block their charge lane (unless they want to go through the pit trap which is usually very painful). I've also killed things doing a focused shot and cheating in a :mask to push the enemy into a pit trap.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:44 AM, Davie said:

I like this new found love for bushwhackers :D I generally thought people didn't like them.

Stealth might just be one of the best defensive abilities in the game. Bushwhackers definitely put in a lot of work for a very minimal investment.

• Agree 1