Hiring austringers?

PetterJhon

Hello everyone,,

So reading the forums a lot of people seem to swear by Guild Austringers, theoryfaulixing though I don't really see the appeal. Most people seem to use them for either long range harass, or their deliver orders.

So damage wise their attack while likely to hit, doesn't have any more damage than other guild shooting.

Deliver orders seems amazing, but you're effectively just giving up the austringers action for another model to take that extra interact action. For the price of the austringer wouldn't you just be better off hiring 1 extra model instead?

Or is this one of those models you just need to play a few times to really see how good it is? 

19 minutes ago, PetterJhon said:

Hello everyone,,

So reading the forums a lot of people seem to swear by Guild Austringers, theoryfaulixing though I don't really see the appeal. Most people seem to use them for either long range harass, or their deliver orders.

So damage wise their attack while likely to hit, doesn't have any more damage than other guild shooting.

Deliver orders seems amazing, but you're effectively just giving up the austringers action for another model to take that extra interact action. For the price of the austringer wouldn't you just be better off hiring 1 extra model instead?

Or is this one of those models you just need to play a few times to really see how good it is? 

Some of it is a case of try and see.

Deliver orders is a strong ability, and the fact that the model can stay safe to use this and still provide a threat against other models is why it was so popular. The lack of Line of sight needed is really useful.  Focus is also your friend.

Its a strange thing, but sometimes 3 actions on 1 model is better than 4 actions split over 2 models.

Edit

This is all M2e. M3 has different rules. But people can still play M2e so they can still ask questions about it

27 minutes ago, Adran said:

Some of it is a case of try and see.

Deliver orders is a strong ability, and the fact that the model can stay safe to use this and still provide a threat against other models is why it was so popular. The lack of Line of sight needed is really useful.  Focus is also your friend.

Its a strange thing, but sometimes 3 actions on 1 model is better than 4 actions split over 2 models.

Edit

This is all M2e. M3 has different rules. But people can still play M2e so they can still ask questions about it

You had me going there in the first half, not gonna lie!

In M3e I think they are good but not amazing.  I swear by them in my Basse Crews, only occasionally take them out of keyword.