Shadow Emissary - Prophecies in Thunder

ANevskyUSA

Question

What does this action actually do? There is a range of 6", but the ability reads, "This model's controller sets aside their  Control Hand and draws a number of cards equal to the number of cards that were set aside..."

Does this mean that it is always the player who owns the Emissary setting aside and drawing cards? If so, why is there a range on the ability? Or does it mean that the owner of the model targeted by the ability sets aside a draws cards?

I am asking because I want to know how this interacts with Lust's Flirtatious Wink ability. If I target an enemy mode that is within 6" of Lust with the Prophecies in Thunder action, does that model gain a number of Sin Tokens equal to the size of that player's control hand? Or is there no interaction because there actually is no target, and the 6" Rg on the Prophecies in Thunder action is a misprint?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ANevskyUSA said:

What does this action actually do? There is a range of 6", but the ability reads, "This model's controller sets aside their  Control Hand and draws a number of cards equal to the number of cards that were set aside..."

Does this mean that it is always the player who owns the Emissary setting aside and drawing cards? If so, why is there a range on the ability? Or does it mean that the owner of the model targeted by the ability sets aside a draws cards?

I am asking because I want to know how this interacts with Lust's Flirtatious Wink ability. If I target an enemy mode that is within 6" of Lust with the Prophecies in Thunder action, does that model gain a number of Sin Tokens equal to the size of that player's control hand? Or is there no interaction because there actually is no target, and the 6" Rg on the Prophecies in Thunder action is a misprint?

The range is a artifact of earlier versions of the action. Whichever player is controlling the Shadow Emissary is the one that resolves the effect of the action.