The finer points of Dashel

Cronex13

8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Mind sharing a list?

Dashel, Queeg, 2x executioners, 2x mounted guard, steward (2 stones). 

The goal is to ride with me the exe’s up the board, move Queeg to the right place, focus->fast with  Dashel and Stewards quick actions, summon a sergeant then have 2 fast +1 move executioners that push 3” and are ~8” up the board already.

I’m still working on it to decide if it’s actually good or not but it’s been reasonable so far. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GameSoHard said:

Dashel, Queeg, 2x executioners, 2x mounted guard, steward (2 stones). 

The goal is to ride with me the exe’s up the board, move Queeg to the right place, focus->fast with  Dashel and Stewards quick actions, summon a sergeant then have 2 fast +1 move executioners that push 3” and are ~8” up the board already.

I’m still working on it to decide if it’s actually good or not but it’s been reasonable so far. 

I'll give this a go in an appropriate pool in the future for sure. 

41 minutes ago, midwifecrisis said:

@Qracy would you say that the LLC on Dashel is really worth it? Two stones for one extra armor seems like a lot. 

Then again I've gone against armor heavy crews so I can appreciate having +2 armor on models. 

As long as you are not facing the Viks, I would take it.

I see the LLC rather more on a psychological side, and therefore it is worth 2SS:

When you tell your opponent that Dashel has armor +2, they tend to not try to kill him seriously. As he feels more comfortably in the second line and can summon even if engaged, a lot of players I played against just ignored him.

If a heavy hitter engages him, I would need more than 2SS to keep him alive until the end of the game.

I see the 2SS as an invest and helps keeping him alive.

So long answer short: Yes. 😁

• Like 2

Great, that makes a lot of sense. I've got very little experience with any sort of tactical games outside of tabletop RPGs, which are... not quite the same ;)

This also makes a lot of sense as I've spent a lot of time keeping Dashel in perhaps too-safe spots, and as a result he doesn't do much outside of passing out focus and summon. Thanks!

I took my above list again last night into Colette for a narrow 4-3 loss. 

Taking only 2 stones wasn’t the end of the world, as long as you can pick corpse markers up to replace them (which has been achievable). Losing the very fragile dispatcher slows the crew down, I could always use it for a summon until it died. Will need to hide it a bit better - also need to pay more attention to where minions are for the quick action to ensure I can get it off. 

Wedge deployment so I was in the thick of it T1 as planned and didn’t some decent damage but once the distracted and stunned started on everything my damage output really dropped. 

It was a really good game. :)

1 minute ago, GameSoHard said:

I took my above list again last night into Colette for a narrow 4-3 loss. 

Taking only 2 stones wasn’t the end of the world, as long as you can pick corpse markers up to replace them (which has been achievable). Losing the very fragile dispatcher slows the crew down, I could always use it for a summon until it died. Will need to hide it a bit better - also need to pay more attention to where minions are for the quick action to ensure I can get it off. 

Wedge deployment so I was in the thick of it T1 as planned and didn’t some decent damage but once the distracted and stunned started on everything my damage output really dropped. 

It was a really good game. :)

Sounds like a good game! Haven't yet had the pleasure of fighting College yet 

So it just struck me. I've been preaching about using Guild Patrols to keep Dashel alive but I realize my mistake. He is more valuable keeping the dispatcher alive! Keep him within 2 of the dispatcher and those odd Snipes that we tend to see turn 1 won't take down the dispatcher. In addition, the guild patrol can use his creep along ability to get a little ahead and lay down a scheme marker for the dispatcher to convert...

Can't believe I didn't think of this til you told me about your game. 

On the subject of Colette, what do we have for condition removal?

Not much in Guard. Witchling Stalkers. Lady Justice is excellent for it. Let's hear other ideas

• Like 1

Lucius as a trigger, hoff as a trigger

2 hours ago, Cronex13 said:

Sounds like a good game! Haven't yet had the pleasure of fighting College yet 

So it just struck me. I've been preaching about using Guild Patrols to keep Dashel alive but I realize my mistake. He is more valuable keeping the dispatcher alive! Keep him within 2 of the dispatcher and those odd Snipes that we tend to see turn 1 won't take down the dispatcher. In addition, the guild patrol can use his creep along ability to get a little ahead and lay down a scheme marker for the dispatcher to convert...

Can't believe I didn't think of this til you told me about your game. 

On the subject of Colette, what do we have for condition removal?

Not much in Guard. Witchling Stalkers. Lady Justice is excellent for it. Let's hear other ideas

One of the best uses I found tonight was keeping a executioner on it's feet long enough to heal.

I’m always so card starved that I don’t use protection that much. I think that’s an error in my play and I’ll have to put more effort into getting it to work.

Steward was my condition removal but as soon as the distracted and stunned went off...next activation it was back on.

6 minutes ago, GameSoHard said:

I’m always so card starved that I don’t use protection that much. I think that’s an error in my play and I’ll have to put more effort into getting it to work.

Steward was my condition removal but as soon as the distracted and stunned went off...next activation it was back on.

Rule number 1: don't attack Colette :P

Rule number 2: Dashel with Expert Marksman is pretty sweet versus Coryphee

On 8/28/2019 at 6:37 PM, Hot4Perdita said:

Any idea what Minions the Dashel core box will contain? Guard patrol maybe? 

My guess is 3 Riflemen and Queeg since most crew box minions are close to 6 points. I could see the Guard Patrol being paired up with the Sergeants in their own separate box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cronex13 said:

There's no way he's getting sold independently. There'd be no reason for a boxed set besides new players at that point, would make no sense from a sales standpoint. Only way it happens is if someone else is selling em

they said some models (like Agent 46) will also be sold separatly for the old players! ;)