Good Backup Master for Euripides?

gozer

3 minutes ago, gozer said:

For those of you who have played Euripides, what strategies/pools is he weak against?

In that same vein, what other Neverborn Master would you recommend to shore up those weaknesses?

Thanks!

He's actually decent for pretty much any pool. Bultungin and Cyclops give you scheming, all of the giants give you big beaters, Gigants give you some good denial for Turf War and Corrupted Idols. Euripides runs into issues against crews that can efficiently get rid of his Ice Pillars. So Arcanists and Bayou are rough matchups for him.

I love the Euripides crew, visually it seems to me the best of the faction, but it does not stand out at all, all that other bands can do in a better way, it is also a slow and very large band, they all seem giant targets, but thoon its one of the best henchmans of the faction, his trigger with tome its broken, you can bury any model with a hit, and this model cant unbury if the ice pilar its in play.

And the euripides's crew its not bad in reckoning, all the models have a lot of damage and htk, the geryon have stended reach to counter the charges and the gigants have a very nice shoot attack action that make 2/3b/5b with a stat of 6 and very nice trigger for the cost of 6 ss, in turf war the crew its not very bad because the range 2 and 50mm base is perfect to engage all the enemy models 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 11:19 PM, santaclaws01 said:

He's actually decent for pretty much any pool. Bultungin and Cyclops give you scheming, all of the giants give you big beaters, Gigants give you some good denial for Turf War and Corrupted Idols. Euripides runs into issues against crews that can efficiently get rid of his Ice Pillars. So Arcanists and Bayou are rough matchups for him.

Any recommendations to counter those counters? Or, should I just take a different master against Arcanist/Bayou?

1 hour ago, gozer said:

Any recommendations to counter those counters? Or, should I just take a different master against Arcanist/Bayou?

Both of them have too many options for mass destructible marker removal to really give a counter. Arcanist is safer unless they end up declaring Hoffman and get access to riot breakers.

This isn't to say that you can't play Euripides if you can't do stuff with Ice Pillars, but don't expect to do some of the tricks that the pillars give you like Cyclops scheming or big heals with Reform From Ice. The crew is still filled with min 3 models so just go ahead and punch your way to victory.

• Like 1

The best option in never vs arcanist its zoraida

Marcus: she can make obeys to the beast of marcus and use the upgrade to give a positive and a suit in a hit losing the upgrade in the way

Ironsides: you counter the gunsmith with steath and can hit amina (amina because its a ss generator machine, and have the aura of hamelin of m2e)

Rasputina: steath counter the shoots of rasputina because she attack from the deploydment, the blessed its a nice model against the zoraida crew, but the min 4 damage from first mate can kill the blessed with 2 minimun hits

kaeris: because first mate, gupps and silurids jump over the pyres and the kaeris crew need some actions to enter in the steath range and the heavy melee beater (elijah) its a slow model

Hoffman: Strong crew, but to slow, they cant shoot for the steath and you have butterfly jump to avoid attacks when the other model charges

Mei Feng: i never play against Mei Feng but she hit hard because repeat a lot of attacks and when she declare a trigger can push 2, you can charge in base contact and push 2 to hit the model that use butterfly jump, maybe she counter zoraida

Colette: if you dont hit colette she dont bury (usually) you have best scheme runners and ignore the distracted if you only make the missions, the band havent got a strong damage and the hard beater of the crew its the coryphee duet with 5WP xD

Sandeep: i never play against sandeep but i play sandeep 2 times, i dont know if zoraica can counter sandeep or sandeep can counter zoraida, i need more games with he and vs sandeep