Which Master Next?

Thedeadclaw

I need to pick up a new master this evening to bring my purchase total enough to get my spouse the alt spit hog. I've got 5 real choices and I'm not sure which to go with.

Sandeep:

Pros: Already have fire and metal gamin for Anasalea and Mei Feng, and Golems are on the Soon list.

Cons: None of his other support pieces at all yet.

Parker Barrows:

Pros: Super into his crew and thematics and excited to paint him. Have wanted him for a while.

Cons: I have nothing to actually run with him and my spouse is also picking it up so mixing up models mid painting is a real concern.

Nellie:

Pros: Love Nellie and she's pretty much her whole keyword right now!

Cons: I'd be locked into one list to play with her.

Sonia Criid:

Pros: I need her eventually anyways, and her box looks pretty self sufficient for the most part.

Cons: I don't knoe how flexible she is list wise just out of the box and with a few scattered Guild models.

Lady Justice:

Pros: Love her new sculpts. Want to paint then so bad, probably the Guild master I'm most excited to paint right now. Her whole crew will be available at the end of September.

Cons: Again, list inflexibility while I build up my guild model pool.

What do y'all think? What should I pick up?

If you've already got or are planning to get the Gamin/Golems then Sandeep is a good buy. His only downside in my mind is his huge model pool, but you've already overcome some of that it sounds like.

He can play into just about any pool and matchup with reasonable effectiveness.

In a vacuum not knowing what else you run, Parker.  Your con is not really a concern as long as you both end up with the same number of models in the end.  Also, the crew is not so big that filling it out I will be an issue.

One of the best feature of M3E to me is that, because of the keyword hiring, you can always jump into a master of other Faction without buying a bunch of unrelated boxes. You do not need to buy a Perdita box for Francisco to play Lady Justice, nor buy a Ramos box for Howard to play Colette. Of cause you may miss some useful versatile or general good models, but in casual games a pure keyword crew should give you enough competitiveness.

So i would suggest pick the master and/or crew that you like the most, i.e. Parker and Nellie.

Thanks for the input all!

I went planning to get Parker but they were sold aside from the one we had set aside for my spouse. I ended up picking up Lady Justice! I really like the new sculpts and it'll be really nice to see them on a table! (A lot of the guild players around me have been around since 1.5 so even the plastics are pretty rare for Lady J!) I'll probably grab Nellie next time I'm looking to grab a new box, tbh! I'll definitely wait to grab Sonnia and Perdita together to round out the trio.