The little child with a big sack... Legit, loophole or pure jank?

Da Git

So here's something I thought about today; the Malifaux child uses Just Like You to copy the Hodgepodge Emissary's Plenty of Wares action. No problem there. Now the question is can he then take the Something in my pack trigger to attach a Trinket upgrade? I would say yes, as it's the trigger, not the action the attaches the upgrade, but I fully realise this could be a bit janky... What do you you guys think?

"that does not attach upgrades" is right there in the action description. 

If you're looking to restart the "triggers are not part of the Action" debate somewhere else, may I direct you to the Necrotic Decay thread still ongoing in this subforum.

6 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

"that does not attach upgrades" is right there in the action description. 

If you're looking to restart the "triggers are not part of the Action debate somewhere else, may I direct you to the Necrotic Decay thread still ongoing in this subforum.

If that restriction applies, then wouldn't that mean the child can't copy Plenty of Wares off the Emissary at all then because of the trigger?

I know logic should be that it just couldn't declare the trigger, but this is rules-lawyering and logic doesn't apply!

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

The trigger is part of the action, which means the child can't copy it at all. 

This would be doubly silly as that would mean that he can copy Plenty of Wares from the Effigy, but not the Emissary.

7 hours ago, Da Git said:

So here's something I thought about today; the Malifaux child uses Just Like You to copy the Hodgepodge Emissary's Plenty of Wares action. No problem there. Now the question is can he then take the Something in my pack trigger to attach a Trinket upgrade? I would say yes, as it's the trigger, not the action the attaches the upgrade, but I fully realise this could be a bit janky... What do you you guys think?

Think your hoping for a loophole that doesn't exist. 

I think this is a wider problem with the child not having very many good targets for just like you.