Nekima Crew Box

gozer

6 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

My guess is Blood Hunter, Hayreddin, Mature Nephilim, 3 Terror Tots in addition to Nekima.  Young and BBS probably in another box together.

I doubt the Mature. Seems like the most common package is Master+Totem+Henchman+3x Lower Minions. 

I'd expect either Mature+2xYoung in a smaller ~$30 box, or 2xMature, 4xYoung in a ~$50 box.

Then the BBS and the pair of Lelitu in another box, and Corrupted Hounds in a small box, and that'd be Nephilim complete.

No reason to believe it'd be different than Lilith box used to be, though I at least hope they include the totem this time instead of selling it separately. That came with the henchman and three Terror tots. So I guess nekima  will have  her henchman (heyreddin) plus totem (blood hunter) and 3 Terror tots. Then the Nephilim box has one mature two younger (2 boxes to max what you can field). Hounds in a separate box.

6 minutes ago, voranth said:

No reason to believe it'd be different than Lilith box used to be, though I at least hope they include the totem this time instead of selling it separately. That came with the henchman and three Terror tots. So I guess nekima  will have  her henchman (heyreddin) plus totem (blood hunter) and 3 Terror tots. Then the Nephilim box has one mature two younger (2 boxes to max what you can field). Hounds in a separate box.

The Lilith box had the totem (Cherub) included. I'm sure this next one will too. I would guess it will be Nekima, totem, Hayreddin, and 3x tots. 

Well, 

6 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Umm... you should qualify that "never" to specify "in plastic".

Because in the 1st Ed metals, very few Totems WEREN'T sold separately. Only one I can think of that was, was LCB (for obvious reasons).

Well, technically the first Ten Thunders masters in M1 also included totems, but that's because they were released in plastic during the last 1st ed book. Unless I'm mistaken I got the first edition versions of Huggy, Emberling, Shang and Soul Porter...

From memory, but from someone who bought most things...

No metal Master box was ever sold with totems. (I think I ended up using a voodoo doll that was on Zoraidas sprue to act as the totem for me, but strictly I didn't have the card)

The first edition totems were sold separately. (Hollow waifs weren't totems in the first edition, so when the Levi Box finally came out it still followed that rule)

I can't remember if Marionettes were totems, but Collodi wasn't a  Master in First edition.

Every Plastic box has been sold with a suitable number of totems for the edition is was made for. (for a given number of suitable. M2E Sommer is the only one I can think of that wasn't sold with his maximum number of totems, and M3 viks doesn't have a totem) (Strictly Viks have never had their own totem, but they were at least able to hire them in the last two editions and their plastic box contained the student of Conflict, which was a totem at that point and a sister, but not restricted to only being hired by the Viks.) 

Back to the original question, the totem will be in a master box. I would be very surprised if we saw a mature in there, because I think that would be the first case we have seen of you not getting the rare number in 1 purchase. So I would expect Heyreddin and 4 tots, as the most obvious combination that reaches the Rare numbers. Mature and 2 young is possible, but that means they will still need another box of 2 young and a mature and that seems to go against the reduction in SKU they wanted this edition.

3 hours ago, Adran said:

[...]So I would expect Heyreddin and 4 tots, [...]

This is what I expect as well. From beta to release tots have been limited to minion (3), a change that from a rulesperspective doesn't make much sense, but from a production point of view might be logical. I can only speculate about why this change happened, but someone somewhere has given it some thought, and that points to work in progress in production. (it might also be as simple as the 2E tots came in packs of 3...)

9 hours ago, Adran said:

Back to the original question, the totem will be in a master box. I would be very surprised if we saw a mature in there, because I think that would be the first case we have seen of you not getting the rare number in 1 purchase.

I'm pretty sure I saw it was announced that the box containing the Spit Hog and Bayou Gremlins is going to go 1 and 4 (half rarity for both), but that'd be a different situation, as two boxes gets you the limit, rather than having one Mature in a Crew Box, and the other Mature in a different box.

• Thanks 1