Austringer with Expert Shot

4thstringer

I just wanted to check if anyone has tried the Austringer with expert shot, out of keyword.

I saw it on a blog (http://www.malifauxmusings.com/2019/07/how-to-play-marshal-keyword-crew-by.html) mentioned near the end.  I haven't run it here in my meta, and I'm our only guildy.  I wanted to see what people thought of that package.

I think that the Upgrade is not efficient on the Austringer as the Raptor already has parts of the abilities built in. The Armour piercing is redundant with Crit Strike and Onslaught.

Might be worth it in Keyword but not worth the offcrew taxe as most Crews seem to have at least decent other shooters (Sniper, Lone Marshal), if needed.

24 minutes ago, Humphrey said:

I think that the Upgrade is not efficient on the Austringer as the Raptor already has parts of the abilities built in. The Armour piercing is redundant with Crit Strike and Onslaught.

Might be worth it in Keyword but not worth the offcrew taxe as most Crews seem to have at least decent other shooters (Sniper, Lone Marshal), if needed.

It gets worse.  The bird doesn't have a gun marker so no armor Pierce either I think.

I tried it last night.  Took advantage of the friendly fire lack once.  Cover Ignore and concealing ignore mattered some.  He killed Shang, a Katanaka Sniper, and put some damage on Misaki.  My opponent flipped pretty well against him, or I think he would have gotten more kills.  Didn't hate it.  My opponent was pretty new to the game, so that matters.