Dual Masters list Yan Lo + Shenlong

Cursed25

I want to try this list and I'm wondering what you think about it? :)

Yan Lo

5 soulstones

Soul Porter

Shenlong 16

Student 3

Chiaki 7

Manos 9

Izamu 10

the plan is to put Manos' reliquary on Shenlong and use him as a distraction carnifex! Izamu's reliquary will surely go on Yan. Shenlong and Izamu will put pressure on opponent while Manos and Chiaki will do schemes! Yan can help to kill by turn 3 with increase dmg and stats and turn 1-2 will mostly help with mobility and gives shielded/councealing with ash upgrade. He is very versatile like Shenlong and both of them can do everything. Student will boost chi for Shenlong turn 1 and help with mobility of crew turn 2 with wandering upgrade on Shenlong.

What do you think about it? best strat/schemes? glaring weakness? thx a lot! :)

1 hour ago, Razhem said:

Keep in mind that you may get games where you don't draw that mask turn 1 to set up a Reliquary with Chiaki, so don't let that cramp your style or loose momentum because you feel you have to stall one turn.

That happens way too often for my taste. And yea its best to just push on and apply pressure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Razhem said:

Keep in mind that you may get games where you don't draw that mask turn 1 to set up a Reliquary with Chiaki, so don't let that cramp your style or loose momentum because you feel you have to stall one turn.

1 hour ago, Nikodemus said:

That happens way too often for my taste. And yea its best to just push on and apply pressure.

Sometimes I wish Chiaki is an Henchman ahah! It would be so much easier to plan around split the soul! Also I really dislike the fact she can't split her own soul! 😕 There was a discussion a few weeks ago about this topic and I'm in the camp that since it's a pulse instead of an aura she's not in the range of the ability.

• Agree 1

I always stone cards t1 if I don't get that mask in my opening draw. Stoning for cards, you're going through 9 cards (6 initial + 2 stoned + 1 from flipping the action) and hoping to get the mask.

I haven't used any other models for card draw but I've considered the idea. Emissary swaps your whole hand, which sounds good if you're just looking for that single low mask. I'm a fan of Tannen in general, and his rig the deck+2 adds a few cards I can look through. Him or other Honeypot folks, but I haven't checked their cards too closely. There's a few others I've spotted, but nothing that seems really good.

• Like 1