Rating the keywords- 2 months in

4thstringer

2 hours ago, trikk said:

I played with Jury, Rider+LLC, Judge +LLC, Steward, Effigy+upgrade and it worked really well. You can swap Judge +Steward for Dashel+Dispatcher

Haha does is count as the ‘keyword’ if it’s only the master???

I’ve only played Lucius, Dashel and Nellie and I would put them in that order for power. Might try your list Trikk and see if it changes my mind. 

9 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Just curious what are people fielding with Sonia they consider her a top master. She looks powerful, but her crew seems kind of meh

Sanctionned spellcasters are amazing scheme runners and Samael can easily follow them so they retain fast while doing potshots at opponent that come close! in 2 turns with Samael behind they can move 25'' and put a scheme down! this is impressive mobility for those far away schemes. But they are very squishy! I habitually keepthem far away from anything nasty and use my big threatening pieces to keep attention away form them.

Witchling Thralls are amazing beaters! paired with a handler they are crazy fast too! I give them LLC habitually for survability! I tried it with No Prisonners and the results were meh! He is way stronger when punching someone to death! ahah! Once did the feared 9 dmg in 1 attack to Seinsi Yu with a lucky flipped red joker :D The Thralls are the reasons people are afraid to come close to Sonnia! ;)

Steward is a must with Sonnia because when she has focused she's a monster! I know he is not in keyword but I consider him a must take with her! another very good out of keyword model for Sonnia is the Pale Rider (he is good with any master in fact ahah!) but Ride with me is just perfect for Sonnia and help tremendously to bring her in the middle of the table where she really shines!

The only models I don't use a lot in her crew is the stalkers (I only summon them) and I never use the Quellers! I found them weak and counter intuitive with my way of playing Sonnia (burn everything! :P )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I know I'm breaking the theme of this but as of right now pale rider goes into every list.

this is perhaps deserved but I think all the horseman will get a bump in price because they are really strong and they can change the results of any game if played well! I think they have masters level's of power/weight in later turns.

8 hours ago, trikk said:

I played with Jury, Rider+LLC, Judge +LLC, Steward, Effigy+upgrade and it worked really well. You can swap Judge +Steward for Dashel+Dispatcher

This is sad news. Trikk is a veteran and a good player, if this is his M3e Guild Top 1 crew, then i am worried M3e is not as far away from M2e as i thought... 

Well Pale Rider is almost everywhere. I expect his nerf in the future. Guild steward is our cheapest way for OOK condition removing and focus stacking in faction, so no surprise here. Judge is not that neccesary, he is good, but not for everything.

The thing is you are trying to maximise value. It always will come to the breaking point of using only "the best" models OR relying on keyword/other synergy and overall flow. Thats just the preference. Keywords are certainly lots easier and can still be plenty competitive and fun. But there are no harm in elite lists. They are still beatable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lord J said:

This is sad news. Trikk is a veteran and a good player, if this is his M3e Guild Top 1 crew, then i am worried M3e is not as far away from M2e as i thought... 

It might speak to the missing models in the keyword.   

One of my problems with guild right now is that I don't really feel the synergies between in theme models (the big exception being elite and augmented).  The tax is the thing keeping me from playing superfriends again.   And since pale rider, effigy, and steward have a ton on synergy with Sonia, it's amplified here.

Edited by 4thstringer
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Just curious what are people fielding with Sonia they consider her a top master. She looks powerful, but her crew seems kind of meh

I go witchling heavy. The thralls are scary good and i had one two shot Vin Schill in one game, but they also act as overall damage amplifiers for sonnia and Sam, hokding targets in combat while they blast them with No Love for Witchlings avoiding the negative flips.

19 minutes ago, Mikes said:

I go witchling heavy. The thralls are scary good and i had one two shot Vin Schill in one game, but they also act as overall damage amplifiers for sonnia and Sam, hokding targets in combat while they blast them with No Love for Witchlings avoiding the negative flips.

When I was talking about lack of synergy above I forgot no love for witchlings.  My opponents hate that one.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:23 AM, trikk said:

You play such weird lists...

Here's my rankings. Take them with a grain of salt, because I haven't actually played all of these yet.

1. Hoffman

2. Justice

3. Sonnia

4. Nellie

5. Dashel

6. Lucius

7. Basse

8. Perdita

I put less weight on the master itself than some people seem to do (though Hoffman would land very near the top even if I ranked just the masters). I think a lot of the keyword's power comes from the available models.

6 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

You play such weird lists...

Here's my rankings. Take them with a grain of salt, because I haven't actually played all of these yet.

1. Hoffman

2. Justice

3. Sonnia

4. Nellie

5. Dashel

6. Lucius

7. Basse

8. Perdita

I put less weight on the master itself than some people seem to do (though Hoffman would land very near the top even if I ranked just the masters). I think a lot of the keyword's power comes from the available models.

Do you agree that Hoff is better in Arc than in guild?  

I love these threads because it really shows both 1. How differently we all see these things and 2. how wrong I probably am on a regular basis.

10 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Do you agree that Hoff is better in Arc than in guild? 

I think the difference isn't that significant. Diesel Engine is nice, but so is LLC. Magical Training is the only thing I would really miss on Guild side compared to Arcanists. Cheap spiders might be useful on occasion as well, but there are very few scenarios I would actually use them in. I know some guys are pretty hyped about Arcane Emissary with Hoff, but I don't think it's that great because it cannot actually benefit from power tokens, and those form a very significant portion of Hoffman's toolkit.

Edit: Actually forgot about SS Miner, those are nice as well. Arcanists have such good versatile models.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

And since pale rider, effigy, and steward have a ton on synergy with Sonia, it's amplified here.

What specific synergy does the Effigy have?  I'm probably missing something!  Pale Rider and Guild Steward, yes (the Steward is probably my favourite Guild model in M3E so far), but the Heal and ranged attack feel generic (and without the Focus, the heal just isn't as good as the Steward).  The Pine Box is nice, but doesn't really synergise with Sonnia as far as I can tell.  You can't set fire to something that's Buried, after all!

8 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

What specific synergy does the Effigy have?  I'm probably missing something!  Pale Rider and Guild Steward, yes (the Steward is probably my favourite Guild model in M3E so far), but the Heal and ranged attack feel generic (and without the Focus, the heal just isn't as good as the Steward).  The Pine Box is nice, but doesn't really synergise with Sonnia as far as I can tell.  You can't set fire to something that's Buried, after all!

Since you are usually putting armor on her, the effects of the heal are amplified by that and her shielded.