Emissary issue

Ming

In M3E Mv is actually the 3rd resistance stat, so low Mv models became quite vulnerable. Emissary now has Mv 4. He gets +1Mv during his activation, but it doesn't increase his resistance. 

I suggest giving him printed Mv 5 and making his Mv increasing aura affect "other friendly models" only.

I think it's during the model's activation only on purpose.  No one's flipping a Move resistance on their own turn (unless you've really messed up your Shockwave marker placement) so this Ability is not going to help you with those anyway, might as well make it uniform. 

Besides, a Move resistance flip is your ability to get out of the way of things; all I'm saying is a mule with 300 pounds of crap tied to your back is not the most agile of creatures.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It's really painful when compared to the other Emissaries though - most have at least 6Mv, if not more (Lucky is 8!) The only one that is 5 is Arcane, but it has Blade Rush to get an extra 2.  Outcast's is by far the lowest quality of the set (again)

• Respectfully Disagree 5

2 hours ago, Davos said:

It's really painful when compared to the other Emissaries though - most have at least 6Mv, if not more (Lucky is 8!) The only one that is 5 is Arcane, but it has Blade Rush to get an extra 2.  Outcast's is by far the lowest quality of the set (again)

I don't actually think our emissary is the lowest quality (yes, it does have the lowest mv). If it is, it is not by far. It just has a different focus. I've found it to be a great support piece and allows you to do a ton of tricks. 

While I wouldn't mind a mv increase, I don't think it is essential. 

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Davos said:

It really isn't.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Davos said:

Strongly disagree.

First of all, it has Manipulative, Df 6 and Wp 6, which is really good as defensive tech.

The attack with more range from all the Emissaries, a LOT of healing, a push + scheme marker that is awesome for schemes/strategies and it can get you some SS.

• Agree 5

I take the emissary fairly regularly. I'm actually trying to wean myself off him a bit as he can be a crutch. I love that little donkey. 

As I main jack, he adds so much to that crew. Regen on Jack or monty, don't mind me on jaakune, bonus to move in a slowish crew, healing on key models, a nice push/scheme free action. 

Don't forget that he has two decent attacks on his card too. He's killed a spawn mother with his hooves (yay injured) and see how your opponent reacts when you start throwing junk at his beater... 

• Agree 2