Which Master for which strategie / scheme

Daysleeper

Hey fellow ressers,

due to some private matters i couldn't play any M3E games up until now. 
In two weeks time my first game will be played.
I heard a few podcasts and i'm really really hyped for M3E.
My question is, wich Masters are strong for what strategies / schemes.

I know that is a tall order as the answer will depend on the opposing faction / master, the board, is the master played in keyword and many more ...
I'm just looking for very generall and broad advice.

Reckoning- Jack, Yan lo, Mcmorning. all realy killy masters with great supporting cast.

Turf war-Kirai, molly, seamus. all fairly mobile crews that you don't need to keep together (note seamus is good but has bad keyword, and so its better to take vercitile and out of keyword stuff)

Explosives- Molly,Kirai. mobile crews that don't need to bubble

Idols- Molly and kirai.....as said before mobile crews that don't need to bubble, have summons and can heal

vonstuck is good, but i have next to 0 experance with him so not sure what suits him best.

reva is converluted and complicated for little gain.. i guess you could play her in reckoning and turf war, but anything she can do, one of our masters can do in a less headache inducing way

On turf war you also need to be able to bring enough power to 3+ points on the table so that you can actually contest those points if the enemy sends models there.

For that reason, I think Molly is only okay on the strategy if the scheme pool isn't optimal.

Of course, with the right scheme pool, Molly is a great pick for any strat.

Just my experience though. Maybe I don't own enough models to tailor Molly to Turf War.

Long time no see!

My current personal preferences are Redchapelle for Turf War and Reckoning (caveat: my Redchapelle list has only 16ss of Redchapelle models in it), Forgotten for Explosives, and Ancestor for Idols, but I can definitely see myself playing some of these strats in different configuration. Thus, if you prefer attrition over aggresion, you might do well taking Ancestor or Tormented into Reckoning. Forgotten can do well in Idols, BUT you want to avoid Molly if your opponent declares 10T, unless you're 100% sure they won't bring Shenlong. If you want to play Urami, I believe they can be good at everything (although I don't like to give my opponent initiative in Idols). As for Experimental, Revenant and Transmortis, I have no opinion yet.

Thanks for the reply guys.
I'm still reading cards and trying to wrap my head around M3E Crews.
I think i will focus on "forgotten" and "experimental" as they seem to cover most of the strats together.
I also have a brand new Jack Daw Crew that i'm itching to get on the table but they seem a little to complex for the first game in the new edition.
I'm sure i'll make enough mistakes as it is 😁

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I have some Shenlong games in my future I think. What makes the matchup so terrible for Molly?

He's got Chi so he's hitting your df 5 with stat 8.

You've got Serene Countenance so he hits you on a +flip.

You've got Hard to Wound so he's hitting you on a straight damage flip at the very least. Usually at least a +flip.

2/3/5 damage track, but he's always hitting straight flip minimum with triggers to Stun you, do the attack again, or deal irreducable damage.

It takes a few high cards sure, maybe stones to guarantee suits, but it's not an unreasonable thing for Shenlong to 2-shot Molly if he gets close (and he's reasonably quick model by himself). Look up his card and "Fermented River Style" upgrade to get the basics of how he's a threat to Molly (or most models for that matter). That's it really. Usually you can assume that your full health master will survive a single activation from most things, if only by a sliver. Not so with Shenlong.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Trample said:

What's your typical Redchapel list? I'm guessing the 16ss is 2x doxies and a dandy. What else do you bring?

you're correct. other models are Archie, Carrion Emissary and Nurse.

5 hours ago, Daysleeper said:

I also have a brand new Jack Daw Crew that i'm itching to get on the table but they seem a little to complex for the first game in the new edition.

I played Tormented in my very first 3rd edition game and it was a bad idea. Steep learning curve. Not good to begin a new edition with.

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I have some Shenlong games in my future I think. What makes the matchup so terrible for Molly?

I know Molly is your only Ressurectionist master. This is going to be a hard time for you. Please, accept my condolences. :(

• Thanks 1