Sign in to follow this  
LeperColony

Crossroads Seven Faction

Which faction do you find most effective to declare for a full Crossroads Seven faction?  The decision seems pretty important as it determines which effigy you get and who gains a third action.

It's also worth considering the combination of a crossroads seven model with any other model. I can't think of a strong combination off the top of my head, but if you wanted to try sloth with an ice golem you'll want to pick envy as the leader...

• Agree 1

My instinct is that you want the crew to be led by one of the beaters - if you're bringing all seven of course and not hiring in a ringer. So that would be Envy or Wrath in my mind. 

I haven't put them on the table yet, but their synergies look strong...

20 minutes ago, Adran said:

It's also worth considering the combination of a crossroads seven model with any other model. I can't think of a strong combination off the top of my head, but if you wanted to try sloth with an ice golem you'll want to pick envy as the leader...

True.  And there's also the question of which upgrades are best.

I haven't put them on the table yet, but their synergies look strong...

Yeah, I've always wanted to run them but never got around to it in M2E.  Looking to correct that in M3E.  But they seem to be a bubble crew, and historically I've struggled with that play style.

I like running Outcast (Pride leading) and give Wrath Servant of Dark Powers, then run him into the thick of the opposing crew's smaller models with Herald.  Everyone who hurts him gets a Sin Token, setting up every one else's abilities later on.  With all the potential healing on his own, potential Terrifying failures, and maybe a couple of soul stones, he'll give a turn or 2 of troop disruption and set up for potential easy effects later on.

I never take all 7, but a handful of versatile models do wonders to round out the crew; Malifaux Child using Destructive Performance for example.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, Adran said:

poltergeist and wrath off the top of my head wrath makes them take wp duels and suffer damage poltergeist puts them on negs and they take another damage 

2 minutes ago, Richard matthews said:

poltergeist and wrath off the top of my head wrath makes them take wp duels and suffer damage poltergeist puts them on negs and they take another damage 

That only works if you pick Pandora as a leader.

I was more thinking things like selecting Greed so you can have Queeg, so you can use the resonance ability to gain fast rather than Focused thanks to his task master

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I was more thinking things like selecting Greed so you can have Queeg, so you can use the resonance ability to gain fast rather than Focused thanks to his task master

That 2 points of iDamge though..... oh no, too rich for my blood!