Crossroads Seven Faction

LeperColony

2 hours ago, Ogid said:

However I still need to find a good use for the Emissary... maybe graspling tentacles to keep the enemy models in place, or creating markers for them to eat with maddening drums...

Idk... any extra thoughts?

I don’t think it’s necessary to “find a good use for the Emissary.” 

You shouldn’t feel like you Have to take the upgrade on the effigy. 

2 hours ago, Ogid said:

Now that the box is avaliable:

WYR23901-CrossroadsSeven_BACK.jpg

Oh good... i still need me a Wrath & Pride!  I'm still on the fence about Gluttony as he's great to add to Wrestlers for Anti-Marker crew, but that's literally all.

11 minutes ago, bluepanther said:

He's Neverborn... when do they not take their Emissary?

11 hours ago, bluepanther said:

I think it's a waste not to... the effigy is free with a Henchman leader, and for 2 SS an Emissary it's hard to pass.

11 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

He's Neverborn... when do they not take their Emissary?

Lol, most masters don't like him that much.

With Marcus he is akward having 0 synergy with the crew; It's too slow for the Nekima in your face style and it also doesn't bring anything to Nephs. With Lucius again akward as it cannot be obeyed. The Dreamer needs too much his synergies to fit a 10 SS model like him and it also synergize poorly with the keyword.

With Euripides and all his staggered, with Pandora thanks to his conditions or with Zoraida where it can be obeyed it might work, but it's far from being the definitive pick there. With Titania it works like a charm tho.

4 minutes ago, Ogid said:

I think it's a waste not to... the effigy is free with a Henchman leader, and for 2 SS an Emissary it's hard to pass.

Do you always upgrade your effigy with the Effigy of Fate upgrade?

Because looking at it and saying Its an Emissary for only 2 SS is not the complete truth. You're only getting it for 60% of the game at best, you're then also not getting the Effigy for that 60% of the game, its not at full health, and you are putting quite a target on the effigy model for those first 2 turns at least. Normally with an Effigy I know its quite durable, so it can go and take a bit of a risk, but if I spend stones on the upgrade I have invested in it living, so I don't put it in as much risk early on, and it ends up being less effective those first two turns.

It might be I'm used to quite an aggressive meta, but I think the effigy of Fate upgrade is often a trap.

mmm, I'll think about it a bit more...

If I play with a Henchman leader, I always include it; but not with a Master leader. In a Master crew I could include the effigy as a cheap 4 SS model that helps with reposition, crappy schemer or as a cheap Eldritch holder.

But there is a difference between fitting 2 SS into a list to upgrade a model you are going to field anyway and fitting 4 or 6 for a model you don't have to include... maybe it's some kind of psychological effect :P

• Agree 2

Naw, it's the same for me.  I'll always pay the 2 points with a henchmen for a potential 10 stone model for 3 turns; it's a solid investment.

But spending 6 stone upfront for the potential of a 10 stone for 3 turns is not a good return.

(Crossposting a bit from what I said in the Ressers forum)

Upon further inspection, one of the henchmen at least (Gluttony) has neat tricks with corpse markers. Ressers is the best faction for creating corpse markers, so that opens up a lot of options.

Sloth also synergises really well with undead, since he can give them fast. He can also heal them and give them slow. And of course can combine both for a heal but no slow. Sloth is very flexible for what he wants to do to buff the crew! I think the Archie heal is overrated though.

I think @Ogid hits the nail on the head in another thread.

You basically want to ask "what cross faction synergies can I get access to?"

Sloth can give undead in other factions fast (like the Neverborn Fae), so pairs well with a Wrath leader. Gluttony can abuse corpse markers, so pairs well with a Sloth leader taking Grave Diggers. Im sure there are loads more!

• Thanks 1

The C7 seems to have a lot of potential... but I love gimmicks tho :P

7 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Sloth can give undead in other factions fast (like the Neverborn Fae), so pairs well with a Wrath leader.

A potential nasty combo with this one is in Guild; Greed as a leader isn't impressive, but Pale Rider and Emissary both with Fast are scary. And Guild upgrades are nice, a LLC would suit Wrath really well, Envy could get a no armor trigger (and No Prisioners would finally give Lust a :ToS-Fast: haha)

BTW, In general I see no love for lust (pun intended); it's true she is squishy but I really like her support abilities; ending focus from a mile is good and clump enemies together is very handly for how the crew works.

7 minutes ago, Cuilion said:

Where is the pic of the new box coming from? 
Can't seem to find it or where the box would be available. 

https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

It's in the October releases.  (And the editor freaked out on me when I was correcting this...)

It's in the October Releases.  (And that means they're trying to get it shipping out at the end of this month, plus whatever other travel delays from distributors...)

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, solkan said:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

It's in the October releases.  (And the editor freaked out on me when I was correcting this...)

Reveal hidden contents

It's in the October Releases.  (And that means they're trying to get it shipping out at the end of this month, plus whatever other travel delays from distributors...)

OMG you have to scroll the last line to the right to see them 😁

Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 9:02 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Anyone know where/when it will be available?

It is listed as an October product, but I don't see it even as a preorder anywhere. Meanwhile, other October (and even November) products are readily found. Any ideas?

It is already available. I almost ordered one last week from Miniature Market. They have 20 plus in stock. 

• 2 months later...

Played my first game with the crew today. 

My Crew

Faction - Arcanists 

Leader - Envy (Magical Training) 6ss
Arcane Effigy
Wrath
Sloth
Gluttony
Pride
Soulstone Miner (Magical Training)
Soulstone Miner

So my list looks like this for a couple reasons. I didn’t have the Emissary (on the paint table) or any of my other versatile models. I was more concerned with learning the workings of the band vs trying to really take the best list possible. Also, I was there for a planned demo day and was playing on the side between demos. I chose not to take Greed and Lust because I felt they are not as strong. 

The scenario was...
Wedge - Plant Explosives
Search, Dig, Take Prisoner, Power Ritual, Outflank. 

I completely Goofed and thought we were playing Flank, so I selected Outflank and Power Ritual. 

So my opponent was playing Mei Feng as TT and he stuck to keyword. He didn’t have everything available and was also just messing around since I told him at the beginning that I was trying something new, mostly just to learn the models. He is my best opponent locally though and usually beats me. 

I was able to pick off the Forgeling turn one due to my opponent forgetting that Envy had a 12” reach. I had Pride up at point and with the Solo Aura up. That really hamstrung my opponent. He tried to attack and do some things and realized he should have just left them alone. 

Gluttony wasn’t in the group and ran off to drop a bomb. 
Both miners were grabbing stones and doing their thing. One was able to get a marker in the corner for a Power Ritual point. The other miner went to an Outflank after my opponent started to move away since he had gotten his first point for Outflank.

Gluttony was able to drop a bomb and then pick up an opponents Bomb a couple turns later thanks to his Mv6. Him and Wray having Mv6 is very useful.

The main take away from the game was how oppressive the Manipulative, Solo Aura, and Armor was. Granted my opponent didn’t plan for dealing with any of that. 
Also, the massive amount of Focus and being able to use SS on most of the models was very nice and hard for my opponent to deal with. 
At first, I thought I shouldn’t have started with so many SS. Once in the game they became very useful. 
I ended up with the Black Joker in hand it was just a huge benefit to shoot with Envy, spending a focus, and know I wasn’t going to flip the BJ. 
Envy was able to pick off a bomb carrier the activation after Gluttony had picked up a bomb on turn 4. My opponent just conceded at that point because I had killed a few models and effectively denied his ability to score anymore points in the Strategy. 
Even though this wasn’t the greatest “test game” for determining how good the crew is; I definitely see play with them given the right Scheme Pool. I think that taking Envy as leader was very good because of the option for the miners. I also think that the Effigy of Fate upgrade is a good take with Envy as Leader. 
I like the idea of taking Wrath as Leader and using a Hinamatsu in the crew, or the Hooded Rider.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

@bluepanther really neat update! Thanks for that.

Did you ever feel like this crew was better than any other Arcanist crew for some jobs? Seems like Henchmen swarm + soulstones miners is pretty potent. Very hard to pick off important models. I imagine turf war would be neat?

Since 3E released I have been playing my Ressurectionists. So... unfortunately I can’t say how I feel about them in comparison to other Masters/Keywords within the Arcanists. 
I will say that while I was crew building and looking at bringing the Rider or other models like Arachnid Swarms, I often had to take out too many band members to make it worth doing. 
If you aren’t bringing 4+ members of the band then I don’t think it’s worth trying to run them. 
I do think Turf War would be fun with them and would probably be their best Strategy. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking a bit of the 7 lately. I feel like Envy, Wrath or Pride make the best leaders. Both Arcanist and Outcast upgrades are pretty weak for the crossroad (arcanists mostly can only use 2 and one of which has a redundant ability) However both magical training and servant of dark powers are pretty solid. 

Envy in particular is pretty nasty as a leader. With magical training and a mobile toolkit, you can make him pretty crazy. You can use the toolkit to give shielded +1 and focused +1. So with magical training, your looking at armour +2 and shielded +2. Activating next to a crossroad and using Organ music on himself, he's gaining three focused shots a turn. That's a pretty sweet package. 

Pride as leader is cool because he's just so damn powerful. He can obliterate the opponents hand/models using his song. However I find outcasts have some interesting model choices. For example the Midnight Stalker who is 8ss and just fits with the 7. He can gain the crossroad keyword and can hand out adversary and can act as a pretty annoying speed bump. I also really like the Emissary as I feel like it fills a pretty obvious gap with the crossroad crew. 

Wrath is a decent enough beater with 3ap. I personally really like the effigy's aura and since the crossroad 7 like to bubble, you can get some decent milage from it. I also feel like the Neverborn upgrades are all a decent fit within the crew. 

12 hours ago, Jordon said:

Pride as leader is cool because he's just so damn powerful. He can obliterate the opponents hand/models using his song. However I find outcasts have some interesting model choices. For example the Midnight Stalker who is 8ss and just fits with the 7. He can gain the crossroad keyword and can hand out adversary and can act as a pretty annoying speed bump. I also really like the Emissary as I feel like it fills a pretty obvious gap with the crossroad crew. 

The problem with the Emissary is that you wouldn’t get getting it until turn 3.

3 hours ago, Zebo said:

Would you give a try to them in Henchman Hardcore? 

I wouldn't know which model add to Pride+Wrath+Envy

I used Envy + Wrath + Spider Swarm + Spider Swarm the other week. 
It didn’t go well cause of a stupid play I made. I felt a little bad even taking the list, so I did some things I probably wouldn’t normally do. 
I’m not sure if Pride is the best option in HH though. 

4 of the crossroads feels like it should be pretty darn good in at least some setups, but I'm not sure it could handle all setups. If I was against crossroads seven I'd go super wide, plant my bombs quickly, and then just bog them down the rest of the game.

Their bubble would be super strong, though. And maybe they could deploy bombs quickly with wrath's bring it?