Crossroads Seven Faction

LeperColony

20 minutes ago, Adran said:

It's also worth considering the combination of a crossroads seven model with any other model. I can't think of a strong combination off the top of my head, but if you wanted to try sloth with an ice golem you'll want to pick envy as the leader...

True.  And there's also the question of which upgrades are best.

I haven't put them on the table yet, but their synergies look strong...

Yeah, I've always wanted to run them but never got around to it in M2E.  Looking to correct that in M3E.  But they seem to be a bubble crew, and historically I've struggled with that play style.

I like running Outcast (Pride leading) and give Wrath Servant of Dark Powers, then run him into the thick of the opposing crew's smaller models with Herald.  Everyone who hurts him gets a Sin Token, setting up every one else's abilities later on.  With all the potential healing on his own, potential Terrifying failures, and maybe a couple of soul stones, he'll give a turn or 2 of troop disruption and set up for potential easy effects later on.

I never take all 7, but a handful of versatile models do wonders to round out the crew; Malifaux Child using Destructive Performance for example.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, Adran said:

It's also worth considering the combination of a crossroads seven model with any other model. I can't think of a strong combination off the top of my head, but if you wanted to try sloth with an ice golem you'll want to pick envy as the leader...

poltergeist and wrath off the top of my head wrath makes them take wp duels and suffer damage poltergeist puts them on negs and they take another damage 

2 minutes ago, Richard matthews said:

poltergeist and wrath off the top of my head wrath makes them take wp duels and suffer damage poltergeist puts them on negs and they take another damage 

That only works if you pick Pandora as a leader.

I was more thinking things like selecting Greed so you can have Queeg, so you can use the resonance ability to gain fast rather than Focused thanks to his task master

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I was more thinking things like selecting Greed so you can have Queeg, so you can use the resonance ability to gain fast rather than Focused thanks to his task master

That 2 points of iDamge though..... oh no, too rich for my blood!

So I finally got a chance to do the Crossroad 7 as a group on Tuesday.  I ended up going TT as I really like the Shadow Effigy granting conceal and taking actions to have my other models do interact.

I ran all 7, the shadow effigy and I gave Wrath Masked Agent.

I was playing against a Wong crew with Olivia, Gracie, 2 swine cursed, 2 lightning bugs and 1 Bokor.

It was Plant Explosives and my schemes were dig the graves and deliver a message, he had outflank and assassinate.

I ended up losing 3-2 (we had to call it after turn 3 due to time), though it should have been 3-3, I just forgot to send the message and made a second attack instead (MALIFAUX ISN'T ABOUT KILLING THINGS DUMMY)!  If the game had gone a full five turns, I probably would have lost 6 - 4/5.

He managed to do a good job of wearing me down with :new-Pulse:, either doing damage or forcing me to use cards.  I should have spaced my guys out a bit more, but I was also trying to block approach lines on Envy from Gracie and Swine-Cursed and stay within the conceal of the effigy (though amusingly, the only time it would have mattered, I forgot it).  

Here are some thoughts:

Pride needs to be with the group.  I sent him off solo to kill a scheme runner, but that was a mistake.  The crew as a whole likes to play as a bubble, but some are better solo than others.  Pride doesn't seem to be one of them.

Greed is really bad against Wong, and especially a Wong with only one soulstone user.  :new-Pulse:just don't do much to his crew.

The crew wants to be close because of the sin marker mechanics, but at the same time, it's not the strongest melee group out there.  

Playing all seven as a crew is tricky because, except for Wrath and Envy, they rely on Manipulative for their defenses.  I found I was almost always activating the Emissary or Wrath first.  

There's a lot of interactions, and it's going to take me several games to get the right order down.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I want to try Greed as leader just so Wrath can continually punt attacks onto the Jury. (I may be a little bit too much in love with the Unmade mechanic.)

Yeah, I think the Seven have a lot of utility individually.  But I'm the type of person who really goes for these kinds of theme crews, so I'm going to stick with them as a group.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at the crossroads 7 recently. Envy and Wrath to me stand out as potential leaders.

I don't like Greed too much because his aura is for SS users.

For my first game, I think I'm going to try out Envy and the crew minus Greed. This would allow a Soulstone Miner with Magical Training and the effigy can have the Fate upgrade. This also leaves 5ss. 

I've been thinking that maybe Outcast would be a good Faction to go with as well. This would allow the use of Prospectors in the crew. I definitely think that leaving 1 or 2 of the 7 out is best. I don't think them on their own would be good for a lot of pools. 

Has anyone had any games and come up with anything. 

Is anyone getting any results out of Lust, or is she as terrible as she looks? I don't understand why she is so squishy compared to the other Crossroads models, with her having 4 Df and 7 health. Also, how often are models actually drawing cards in your experience?

She is worst and most usles of whole band. Def 4 sucks. She works only vs some models with mandatory card draws or to counter things like "tools for the job" she has very low dmg potential. "Lascivious music"  in statisticly helps your enemy.  She has no free action like most other crossroads.  "Seduction "is very situational. Only good thing she have is  "Now Kiss!", you cen use it to place model near another enemy to make use of wrath aura.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddy said:

She is worst and most usles of whole band. Def 4 sucks. She works only vs some models with mandatory card draws or to counter things like "tools for the job" she has very low dmg potential. "Lascivious music"  in statisticly helps your enemy.  She has no free action like most other crossroads.  "Seduction "is very situational. Only good thing she have is  "Now Kiss!", you cen use it to place model near another enemy to make use of wrath aura.

As @Jesy Blue said, for Qi and Gong she is a nice pick. She is more a support/debuffer model than a beater; Seduction has a huge range and getting rid of Focused plus adding Distracted is very good, reposition abilities are also nice. Her Lascivious music at 6'' or less reads more like "reveal 3+Sin tokens number of cards, discard 1 sin token, draw a card, leave the crapiest card on top of his deck", which may guarantee the next attack she uses versus that model (or force that player to cheat).

But it's true she could had used a :ToS-Fast: tho. Her profile kind of lack something... It would had been quite funny (but not sure if balanced tho) if she had nimble and agile; she is lust after all, making other people run after her (to stop her scheming) and being slippery would fit her!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

Her Lascivious music at 6'' or less reads more like "reveal 3+Sin tokens number of cards, discard 1 sin token, draw a card, leave the crapiest card on top of his deck", which may guarantee the next attack she uses versus that model (or force that player to cheat).

That won't work since you just discard all cards. And it works for their adventage since you statisticly discard more weak then severe cards

1 minute ago, eddy said:

That won't work since you just discard all cards. And it works for their adventage since you statisticly discard more weak then severe cards

I'd say he doesn't discard all cards. Let's say he reveals 5, he draws the one you choose and then he discard the rest (4); if Lust uses a sin token, he doesn't draw that card. Revealed cards that aren't drawed or discarted go again to the top of the deck... so you can prepare the deck with a very low card or even a black jocker if you are lucky for the next ability she uses.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:53 AM, Ogid said:

As @Jesy Blue said, for Qi and Gong she is a nice pick. She is more a support/debuffer model than a beater; Seduction has a huge range and getting rid of Focused plus adding Distracted is very good, reposition abilities are also nice. Her Lascivious music at 6'' or less reads more like "reveal 3+Sin tokens number of cards, discard 1 sin token, draw a card, leave the crapiest card on top of his deck", which may guarantee the next attack she uses versus that model (or force that player to cheat).

But it's true she could had used a :ToS-Fast: tho. Her profile kind of lack something... It would had been quite funny (but not sure if balanced tho) if she had nimble and agile; she is lust after all, making other people run after her (to stop her scheming) and being slippery would fit her!

100% agree with this. She's good, but too squishy, she really relays on Manipulative to survive. Lacking a :ToS-Fast: action is also bad, and I like your solution with Nimble (or just make "Now Kiss" a free action).

She's a support model, that can really screw an enemy beater, removing completely the focus and putting distracted on it. Also, the anti-card draw is really good against some crews.

The one that I found more situational is Greed, since her aura is easily avoidable. Sloth is also too slow, unless you bring some "taxi" options.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

(or just make "Now Kiss" a free action).

I'd go for Lascivious Music as the free action, it's the weaker attack and chained "Now, Kiss!" can be neat to set up shockwaves or Blasts.

47 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

The one that I found more situational is Greed, since her aura is easily avoidable. Sloth is also too slow, unless you bring some "taxi" options.

Sloth is nice, he is one of the tankiest thanks to hard to wound plus manipulative, the heal denial is very powerful and handle a lot of slow; but it's true he is the slowest.

Greed is also utility focused (like Lust), she isn't one of the best, but her aura is powerful; a model with Sin tokens inside of the bubble won't be able to use soulstones to reduce damage for example and will feed the crossroad with soulstones at the same time... that's huge.

Now that the box is avaliable:

WYR23901-CrossroadsSeven_BACK.jpg

I've been thinking about a crossroad crews...

Envy seems a very good leader, he is one of the best beaters and it gives access to the Mechanical Rider and his Revelation trigger. Revelation trigger cannot be used in masters but it can be used in Henchmans leaders... so from turn 3+ Envy may have 6 actions (and 2 free Focused) plus the Arcane Emissary which is quite good; in this faction the essence of power can be hired; which may be used to increase the stat of Envy minigun from 5:+flip to 6:+flip, and if needed other very good versatiles like swarms or miners are avaliable...

As my main faction is NVB I'm thinking about Wrath as leader, which is another good beater, but I need to give it some extra thoughts... I've some starting ideas like sloth giving fast to Rougarous and healing Autum Knights; Doppleganger with a minigun with a stat of 7:+flipor being able to cast 4 times "This song is all about you"; BBS for Focused saturation and matures flying around... and NVB have very solid versatiles like Hinamatsu or Serena that are always. However I still need to find a good use for the Emissary... maybe graspling tentacles to keep the enemy models in place, or creating markers for them to eat with maddening drums...

Idk... any extra thoughts?