Viktorias, how many stones?

Bakunin

6 stones is reasonable (and a prospector to generate more). i don't always take soldier of fortune on them, servant of dark powers is worth a look for the heal (plus anything you get from  into the fray). but i play them fairly conservatively, picking off weaker models and using sisters in spirit to pull them out of danger. resisting the first turn blitz is the hardest thing with running this crew:)

I'm starting to wonder if the Viks should try to melee an opposing Master. You'd think they have enough damage output with possibly 6 attacks a round each, but I don't know if they'd survive a tarpit Master. Their only "defensive" stuff is Into The Fray, and if they aren't killing they aren't healing.

Good thing it's easy enough to get them out of a tarpit engagement

11 hours ago, Bakunin said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Viks should try to melee an opposing Master. You'd think they have enough damage output with possibly 6 attacks a round each, but I don't know if they'd survive a tarpit Master. Their only "defensive" stuff is Into The Fray, and if they aren't killing they aren't healing.

Good thing it's easy enough to get them out of a tarpit engagement

Exactly this. I think they can take down certain masters but defensive triggers, armor, terrifying and manipulative/serene countenance can cause problems for them. It's not always enough to have min three damage in this edition. 

What I have found useful is the 'that one counts as mine trigger' to get extra shots in from the other Vic who isn't engaged. three melee attacks and a couple of shots can really pile on pressure. 

But killing stuff is the best way to keep them alive so it's often better going for a softer target and easy kill rather than getting tar pitted against something chonky.