Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
hollow1351

Launch into Space + Scrapyard Mines

Question

Saw an interesting combination during our last tournament. Bayou player took Wong and Sparks. Sparks' ability says:

Quote

Scrapyard Mines: ... Friendly models may treat Scrap Markers within 6" as Pit Trap Markers (and vice-versa) for the purposes of friendly effects.

Wong's Launch into Space action:
 

Quote

Once per Turn. Remove target Corpse Marker, Scrap Marker, or Scheme Marker. During the next Start Phase, Drop the removed Marker in this model's LoS, not touching terrain...

He interpreted it as he can remove scrap marker and then drop a Pit Trap Marker (50mm Destructible, Severe, Hazardous Damage 1, Injured +1) instead. Does it really work this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
52 minutes ago, hollow1351 said:

Saw an interesting combination during our last tournament. Bayou player took Wong and Sparks.
 

He interpreted it as he can remove scrap marker and then drop a Pit Trap Marker (50mm Destructible, Severe, Hazardous Damage 1, Injured +1) instead. Does it really work this way?

Nothin lets you change the marker type. You can treat a pit trap marker as a scrap marker, and so launch it into space, and then when it lands, its the same marker as he removed.

Now if it said you can drop a scrap marker, then you could have picked, but because it just drops the marker it removed, there is no option to change its type.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, hollow1351 said:

Will it work if initial marker was a Pit Trap? (Wong counts it as a Scrap, removes and drops the next turn)

 

40 minutes ago, Adran said:

Nothin lets you change the marker type. You can treat a pit trap marker as a scrap marker, and so launch it into space, and then when it lands, its the same marker as he removed.

 

So yes Wong can treat a pit marker as a scrap marker and so launch it into space. When it lands it will still be the pit marker that it was originally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Adran said:

Nothin lets you change the marker type. You can treat a pit trap marker as a scrap marker, and so launch it into space, and then when it lands, its the same marker as he removed.

Now if it said you can drop a scrap marker, then you could have picked, but because it just drops the marker it removed, there is no option to change its type.

 

I disagree with the last paragraph. Spark's ability does not let you drop a scrap if it says drop a pit or vice versa. You can treat and existing marker as the other marker, so sparks can remove a pit trap for his bonus, or RtR to a pit trap, but metal gamin will NOT drop pit trap markers at end of their activation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Adran said:

 

So yes Wong can treat a pit marker as a scrap marker and so launch it into space. When it lands it will still be the pit marker that it was originally

It says you drop the marker you removed, but as far as the ability is concerned you removed a scrap marker, so it's dropping a scrap marker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Mycellanious said:

I disagree with the last paragraph. Spark's ability does not let you drop a scrap if it says drop a pit or vice versa. You can treat and existing marker as the other marker, so sparks can remove a pit trap for his bonus, or RtR to a pit trap, but metal gamin will NOT drop pit trap markers at end of their activation.

You're right, it says you can treat the marker as either type, but it won't alter the text on cards. 

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

It says you drop the marker you removed, but as far as the ability is concerned you removed a scrap marker, so it's dropping a scrap marker.

I see what you're saying, but that's not the way I read it. You are dropping the exact marker you picked up not just a marker of the same type is how I read it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Adran said:

 

I see what you're saying, but that's not the way I read it. You are dropping the exact marker you picked up not just a marker of the same type is how I read it. 

It's definitely ambiguous. I think the only importance of the "drop what you removed" is for keeping enemy scheme markers enemy scheme markers after you move them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...