Underbrush, hungry land narkers

Richard matthews

Question

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Richard matthews said:

Hi all,

The Mysterious Emissary has an action which states that it can target anyone in the same piece of severe terrain. would this mean that undrush markers are classed as the same piece of terrain for the purposes of this action. i'm leaning to no but not 100% 

Thanks 

each underbrush marker is its own piece of terrain. You can't use this to hit someone in a different marker to the emissary.

4 minutes ago, Richard matthews said:

The Mysterious Emissary has an action which states that it can target anyone in the same piece of severe terrain. would this mean that undrush markers are classed as the same piece of terrain for the purposes of this action. i'm leaning to no but not 100% 

They don't become the same piece of terrain.

Remember that there are effects that move markers, and remove markers.  Concerning the Hazardous Markers rules in the terrain rules:

Some game effects are capable of creating Markers with the Hazardous Trait.

All Markers with the same name (i.e., Pyre Markers, Pit Trap Markers, etc.) count as the same piece of terrain for the purposes of the Hazardous Terrain Trait.

Thus, if a model was Pushed through three Pyre Markers and a single Pit Trap Marker, it would suffer the effects of moving through a single Pyre Marker and a single Pit Trap Marker.

if you try to leave out the part in red, you end up with the wrong game mechanics.  The full sentence is there to limit how much effect a player gets from multiple hazardous terrain, not to combine all of the markers together into a super-marker cluster.