Reckoning

Maciej

Guys, I wonder, what crews do you usually take for Reckoning and why?

I have all Gremlin masters except for Sommer and Wong and I feel that Gremlins as a faction don't have very killy crews with exception for Ophelia. 

I suppose Zoraida can be good for anything and Brewmaster/ Mah can hit hard, but their crews not necessarily much (compared to Victorias, Levi, Misaki). 

Ulix'es pigs are murderous, but have no defensive mechanics and die quickly giving points to enemy. 

Definetly Wong is not a good option for Reckoning, unless...

You make the baseball team!

• Couch: Wong
  • Couch assistant: Olivia Bernard
  • Star Pitcher: Alphonse Leblanc + TTC
  • Secondary Pitcher: Pigapult
  • Ball Boy: Taxidermist
  • Ball Boy: Akaname
  • Ball: Lucky Emissary
  • Water Boy: Lightning Bug

Is it going to work? I don't think so. Does it have a chance? Maybe.

The idea is simple. You throw stuff at your enemy, the more the better. You through 2 stuffed piglets in turns 1 and 2 if you can, and then 1 more each turn. What the hell?! You even throw that Lightning Bug once he's full of tokens.

You Star Pitcher is Alphonse, and his best ball is the Emissary. If you're in troubles, I would even throw the Pigapult!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I only have Zipp & Brewmaster, so depending on the opposing crew I can do either; Brewmaster against anything but Ressurectionists, Zipp against anything but Outcasts.

Brewmaster is awesome vs Outcasts who have crapy condition removal. 

But vs 10 Thunders who have 5SS Tanuki with twice per turn condition removal giving free focuses and bonus heal action it is not much fun. Nor it is vs Neverborn with condition removal upgrade.  Basically in many matchups poison will only be used for Blood Poisoning instant damage, cause otherwise it will be instatnly dispelled. 

@ShinChan Your idea is hilarious and I love it. Wong and Sommer are only bayou masters I don't have thoug. 

4 hours ago, Scoffer said:

Why don't you take Brew against Ressers?

There's always the risk of getting a match vs McMourning, a matchup I've never won... but I have with Zipp.

4 hours ago, Maciej said:

But vs 10 Thunders who have 5SS Tanuki with twice per turn condition removal giving free focuses and bonus heal action it is not much fun. Nor it is vs Neverborn with condition removal upgrade.  Basically in many matchups poison will only be used for Blood Poisoning instant damage, cause otherwise it will be instatnly dispelled.

I've never has a problem as most people will only take 1 so to not mess with their core build, and my build hands out so much poison and burning and distracted and staggered and slow.... it's just overwhelming.

Poison definetly is your base, but don't just get rid of the monks...

This is one crew that I use that illustrates my point, I call it Synesthesia:

Soul Stone Cache: 5
[Masters]
 - The Brewmaster, Leader
[Henchmen]
 - Fingers Leong
[Enforcers]
 - Apprentice Wesley
[Minions]
 - Fermented River Monk
   + Inferiority Complex
 - Whiskey Gamin