Lynch advice

Wyamphri

2 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

I agree with you! the worst model for this in my opinion is Agent 46! He's so boring and straight! I also very dislike the long legs xD

I do like, the long-legged alien looks of the mimics/elite. It’s eerie, but 46 has no idea on what to do with his hands - I did a slight conversion, that did help a lot, you can see it in my hobby thread linked in my signature

5 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

I do like, the long-legged alien looks of the mimics/elite. It’s eerie, but 46 has no idea on what to do with his hands - I did a slight conversion, that did help a lot, you can see it in my hobby thread linked in my signature

really nice job on 46! It looks way better this way! much more intimidating! Also continue your good work! I particularly like your Last Blossom paint schemes! 😄

• Thanks 1

I enjoy playing this list...

...it’s a lot of fun and friendly handshakes give movement to beckoner and illuminated 2...

mit Schlag     (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Jakob Lynch
Totem(s):
  Hungering Darkness
Hires:
  Kitty Dumont
  Ama No Zako
    Silent Protector
  Beckoner
  Illuminated
    Trained Ninja
  Illuminated 2
References:
  Illuminated
  Beckoner
  Depleted
  The Darkness Beckons

On 5/12/2020 at 1:59 PM, Necrokamo said:

so as not to create a new thread, look at the new design of the Illuminated for the 3rd edition.

...maaaaan so Ms. Dumont is going to probably only come in the core box like m2e Ototo... 😢 

good thing I am making my Jakob Lynch skeleton into a Lyssa/Kitty proxy 

29 minutes ago, goth said:

...maaaaan so Ms. Dumont is going to probably only come in the core box like m2e Ototo... 😢 

That means kitty will be available by special order if you want to get just her. ( within about 3 months of the box release). 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, goth said:

I enjoy playing this list...

...it’s a lot of fun and friendly handshakes give movement to beckoner and illuminated 2...

mit Schlag     (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Jakob Lynch
Totem(s):
  Hungering Darkness
Hires:
  Kitty Dumont
  Ama No Zako
    Silent Protector
  Beckoner
  Illuminated
    Trained Ninja
  Illuminated 2
References:
  Illuminated
  Beckoner
  Depleted
  The Darkness Beckons

why the Ama No Zako? I'm curious?

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

why the Ama No Zako? I'm curious?

Good question, it’d probably be better with 10ss, due to the three henchmen...  but I found after trying to find a fun OOK model in TT to accompany my Honeypoy crew to the table (coming from Neverborn) Ama No Zako is my next buy.  Came about after maybe 11 games of Jakob Lynch in 6 days on Vassal.  I tried a lot of burning that the faction offers and realized the shadow effigy is really good... I tried beckoners with Ninja upgrade, I tried summoner Lynch (less viable AND less fun) and though Wanyudo and Desper are absolute bosses at what they do, I found myself trying to fill a similar niche with them; one which Ama No Zako excels at - a 10ss model that deletes twice it’s cost per game in annoying enemy models.  Kill a 5ss model with min 3?—reduce flicker.  I like to play huggy and maybe kitty and maybe a third fast and loose, choosing at start of turn 2 whom I’m going to spend 5+ss to keep alive.  Impossible to kill models are frustrating with Lynch.  Kitty rigs the deck but doesn’t need it for a turn she schemes - and Ama loves a rigged deck, no matter how your hand looks.  Usually I spend a flicker to pseudo-obey and a flicker to accompany a rigged charge strike before I go hunting to delete models.  Terrifying and flying make it feel like a second Huggy.  Kill my Ama?  Who Cares it was the tank ghost, I still have my crew.

thats briefest rundown without addressing rest of crew, if you want to run a specific map/crew intentional counter-pick matchup on Vassal I’d be interested in trying to prove Ama No Zako’s carrying ability for this keyword 

edit: thought about addressing upgrades, but honestly it’s that spike damage that makes Ama shine

• Like 1

An interesting thing with Ama No Zako's trigger on her Dark Bargain works very much like an obey however does not list the many restrictions - namely "non master only, Does not list a model by name" etc. Which means you could use it on Lynch to get another shot at Succumb to darkness - especially as your opponent will do all they can to stop that from popping the Brilliance and getting off the summon. If Lynch has already gone they will likely not be expecting that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1