Evolving Molly to ME3

Butch

I'm a very, very casual player with maybe five games experience in ME2. So thinking about how I will play my Molly crew in ME3 feels very hard for me. As I have very little experience my main goal is to learn the game mechanics with a mostly fixed crew before I move to a more flexible selection of models for crew selection.

What I have:

Forgotten: Molly, Necrotic Machine, Philip, Crooligans, Rogue Necromancy, Rabble Riser

Red Chapel: Dead Doxies, Rotten Belles

I was thinking about buying all the other Forgotten models (Archie, Marshall, Night Terrors). But I'm not shure about the Night Terrors. I didn't see much discussion about them so I wonder if they are useful. Do I need some other models for the Marshall's summoning?

With these models how could a crew (50SS) look like ideal for learning the game. (Or maybe two slightly different crews depending on the sceme pool?)

Get Archie and you can accomplish about anything with the models you have. I do like the night terrors quite a bit. They're different than the Crooligans but perform a similar role. In scheme heavy pools I regularly take both (I took two of each in one game yesterday). The Marshall can be good too for his summoning. I have been using him and he has been effective. I would definitely add Archie since his mobility and hitting power are fantastic.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Archie is tremendously fantastic, and would highly recommend him (although I'm a bit biased, as two of my regular opponents are condition-based).

However, you have plenty of models to start playing. I'd suggest getting 5-10 games in before deciding on your next purchasing decisions. You really need a feel for the crew before you understand how new models fit in, and it takes quite a bit of learning to grasp Malifaux I reckon (although maybe it'll be easier if you played M2E. I started with M3E).

As for sample lists, it really is very specific to the objectives every game. You basically need to build your list from scratch each time, IMO.

Some playgroups pregenerate their schemes and strategies early in the week and then play later in the week. If you do this with your play partner for the week, you can come on here and ask for some advice about the pool you're playing each week until you get the hang of it :)

My understanding of Night Terrors is that they're good and worth taking, but perhaps not $60NZD good (or whatever price they are in your country). Personally I'm probably not buying them unless they come down in price or I get a chance to buy 1-2. I can't imagine I'll ever run 4 at once. I may also sculpt my own xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

My understanding of Night Terrors is that they're good and worth taking, but perhaps not $60NZD good (or whatever price they are in your country). Personally I'm probably not buying them unless they come down in price or I get a chance to buy 1-2. I can't imagine I'll ever run 4 at once. I may also sculpt my own xD

I put three on the table tonight against Zoraida (since they offer concealing) and used them as my scheme runners while helping to protect some of my other models against obey. Not that it worked mind you, since my opponent was smart and sent everything he had against those night terrors in the first two rounds of the game. I ended up losing one on the first turn and another on the second. Terrors are excellent in my opinion and depending on pool and opponent I may use terrors, crooligans, neither, or both. 

• Like 2