Will one of you go and do well at a tourney with guild?

4thstringer

That'd be me 🙂 I did better than I'd expected given I'd only played a dozen games of m3e prior to the weekend. Losing round two to the shenlong player who came third allowed me to dodge the rest of the top players day two. Ran the same lady j crew all weekend (partly out of laziness) and learnt a lot.

Lady Justice

Scales of Justice

The Lone Marshal (9)

Pale Rider (11)

Guild Steward (6)

Domador De Cadaveres (7)

Exorcist (6)

Death Marshal (5)

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, grrrfranky said:

That'd be me 🙂 I did better than I'd expected given I'd only played a dozen games of m3e prior to the weekend. Losing round two to the shenlong player who came third allowed me to dodge the rest of the top players day two. Ran the same lady j crew all weekend (partly out of laziness) and learnt a lot.

Lady Justice

Scales of Justice

The Lone Marshal (9)

Pale Rider (11)

Guild Steward (6)

Domador De Cadaveres (7)

Exorcist (6)

Death Marshal (5)

Well done! Love the Marshall Rep. Wanted to ask, how did the DM perform and how did you use him? Same w/ Domador.

39 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Well done! Love the Marshall Rep. Wanted to ask, how did the DM perform and how did you use him? Same w/ Domador.

So the dm just ran around and annoyed people by being tough to kill. Throwing a bit of healing his way to keep him off hard to kill makes it an action sink to get rid of him. Otherwise he didn't do loads, dropped a marker or two, but that was plenty. Totally worth it just as a distraction piece. Only got pine box off once, but i was never really in a position to use it effectively.

The domador is amazing. Ranged healing as a blast is superb. Being able to put lady j into combat and then keep her healed up while chipping away at enemies or burning through their hand to prevent the stat 6 decay going off is superb. Plus the occasional command corpse onto the dm or pale rider to get them moving faster, especially the pale rider turn one, so he can use ride with me on lady j from 2" in front of her rather than from the deployment line, so adds another few inches to her turn one threat range.

The model i'd be most likely to drop is the exorcist, depending on the opposition, specifically for a recruiter if they had models that buried themselves. 

• Like 2

Excellent synopsis! I always thought the point of the Domador was to get in close and make things undead, but it sounds like youve got her pretty nailed down. 

I havent taken a DM yet in this edition but I think I need to now that I have like 6 of them (limited 3 makes that a tad frustrating) and id just been trying to figure out how to use them. A little mobility from rider or Domador would help their scheme potential a significant bit. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

When you were using her attack, were you targeting your models or enemies?

I ask because there's something to be said about targeting Lady J with the attack and being able to relent, and healing her in the process, but leaving her with Injured. On the other hand targeting enemy models is a bit harder due to opposed duels being what they are, but less risky to your own models.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, Cronex13 said:

Good Job! Just did a dry run before my tourny next weekend and found Hoffman to be very powerful. Any particular moment to share?

I've played against Hoff a few times as a Bayou player and he's a tough nut to crack for them. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, Cronex13 said:

Good Job! Just did a dry run before my tourny next weekend and found Hoffman to be very powerful. Any particular moment to share?

Hoffman is great and really flexible, I enjoy the ways you can reposition both your own and enemy models. If you can proxy Melissa, even better. We had Turf War on Flank round 1 and I ended up playing against Nekima. She threatened me pretty rough early on but was over extended and I was able to take her out right after that. We didn't finish all 5 turns, I think we ran out of time after turn 3 and ended 2-1 as neither of us had much luck scoring our schemes (he had Breakthrough which I denied, along with something else that he may not have even told me). 

Round 3 was reckoning corner against Misaki. That particular player is fun to play with but mostly plays for fun - by the end of my first two activations on turn 2 I'd killed Ototo, a Crime Boss, a Sniper, and almost killed a charm warden. When she stepped Misaki up into my crew it was super easy to deliver a message. We didn't play much further past that because we were both in brain mush mode. I was very surprised to have placed at all. 

I'm a big fan of Melissa KORE, especially combined with the Steward for heals and focus. Between focus and a power token you can get positives to attacks and damage and guarantee a ram on her minigun, which gives her a blast on it. It's fucking awesome. 

Oh, I also think Wardens are low key some really amazing minions at 5 stones. Pursue is quietly very strong, and their restraint claw shenanigans make them awesome for Hold up Their Forces. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Great stuff! What are you using to proxy Melissa? I've been conflicted between her and Joss, as both have access to widespread area damage but Joss can ignore armor... Which would you recommend of the two?

@Sweet Tooth let me borrow a model from TOS who has a minigun. It’s a male so we can just call him Mel for now 😉 Im not sure of the name off hand. 

Tbh I couldn't answer that other question effectively - these two games were my second and third with Hoff, and the first game I played with him was practice for round 3. I ran both henchmen and a peacekeeper in both lists. I also like putting Fast on both of them and using Joss to command Melissa to charge and shoot with more blasts. If you can get all of those off, anyway. 

That being said, Joss' attack doesn't just bypass armor, it's completely irreducible.

• Like 1

My riotbreaker is shipping to me 😁 super stoked, should arrive in time for my tourney this weekend.

And man, Langston. I used him in my dry run this last weekend. He executed Kang and a Metal Golem last week. 

Between his terrifying and his armor, he is ridiculously hard to hurt. Between his terrifying and his ability to give concealment, and the fact that he can reliably and repeatedly get his execute trigger on a high stat attack, he burns through enemy cards and soulstones at a ridiculous rate... At minimum, the rest of your crew will have an easy time against an opponent with no hand, and maximum he is killing key models left and right. It's just disgusting.

• Like 2

Welp, did my tournament. It didn't go well for me 😂

First game I was crushed by an arcanist player. He brought Marcus against my Lady J crew. Once Marcus gets his upgrades rolling, the game is done lol. The amount of card draw he had was obnoxious. Final score was 3-5

Game 2 I fell back to Hoffman vs Von Schtook, went much better. Two hunters preformed very very well for scheme running, giving them fast turn 1 gives them tons of movement! Final score was 5-3.

Last game I decided to stick with Hoffman. Played against Parker Burrows. Was very tired and my opponent had never played a game of M3E so the game went SLOW. Finished turn 3 with a 3-3 tie. I made a complete noob mistake and accidentally put the marker on MY side of the board :( (corrupted Idols).

The arcanist player won by a landslide, but I believe another guild player took second place! He also used Hoffman very well.

• Like 1