Will one of you go and do well at a tourney with guild?

4thstringer

29 minutes ago, Lord J said:

Do you have any link to tourneys results? Or can you briefly sum it up ?

It's a mix of low guild turnout and poor results.  I think really competitive guild players (Bilz, Lewin)are playing other factions, at least until Nellie, Lucius, and daschel get their pieces.

But the Scottish gt and the breach in the North guild struggled badly.  (You can see these results on the UK malifaux rankings website).  Similarly, guild struggled at the Nova warmup tournament recently in northern Virginia, and I haven't heard of anyone from the NC Virginia having tournament success with guild either.

The post was mainly tongue in cheek but I would love to see some strong guild rep out there.

I played in a 16 person tournament yesterday and I think there was only one Guild player. He finished 4th (2 wins 1 loss). He ran Perdita all three rounds and I know he beat a Lynch crew one of those and had his loss to a Raputina crew. I'm not sure about the other win. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trample said:

I played in a 16 person tournament yesterday and I think there was only one Guild player. He finished 4th (2 wins 1 loss). He ran Perdita all three rounds and I know he beat a Lynch crew one of those and had his loss to a Raputina crew. I'm not sure about the other win. 

That's pretty good!  Was that the tourney in Des Moines?  

49 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Sure.

For what it's worth I think Perdita can be super competitive. 

I certainly hope so, because I have been facing her here and there and...Er...don’t think I’ve lost since open beta. It was bloody* I grant you, and always a closer deployment type, but there was still room for concern.

Guild didn’t do spectacularly at Houston either. There were two Sonnias out of twelve players. See my remarks in Outcasts about that faction and closer deployment types, and why you shouldn’t toe the line.

*stupid monster hunters, stupid A Por El, stupid shot-up not-even-in-a-Hoffman-crew peacekeeper...

Starting this week I am involved in an escalation league of five games in five weeks starting @ 30 soul stones to begin.  There are 14 participants involved  at a hobby store in Pennsylvania named: The Alchemist Cove.

a number of these guys have a great deal of experience and run killer crews like:  Nightmare, December, Bandit, Performer, Honeypot, etc.  So - yikes.  Should be challenging 🤠👍🏻

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

Starting this week I am involved in an escalation league of five games in five weeks starting @ 30 soul stones to begin.  There are 14 participants involved  at a hobby store in Pennsylvania named: The Alchemist Cove.

a number of these guys have a great deal of experience and run killer crews like:  Nightmare, December, Bandit, Performer, Honeypot, etc.  So - yikes.  Should be challenging 🤠👍🏻

Who are you taking?

Having played guild in the Breach in the North (came dead last. Got best painted though....whooo! Hoffman!) all I can say is that its seriously hard at the moment, I played against Parker, Shenlong and Ironsides. Running Perdita, Hoffman and Basse respectively. Its really not easy to do well with guild in the UK atm, in my opinion its because of the inability to take a second master in most events in the UK now. I really feel like its where the strength is in the faction and its killing it for me. Really contemplating jumping to Neverborn because I feel pretty handicapped. The lack of some master missing key pieces at the moment really isnt helping either. Dashel and Lucius receiving all the toys they need could be the difference but Im not sure. Really hoping that Im wrong with my opinion on taking a second master but I just feel like we are lacking options because of it.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Michael Curran said:

LJ & I have the DREAMER first @ 30 stones.   Any advice, seriously..... don’t want to get mauled if at all possible.

I would consider getting recruiters and attacking the summoned models before they get to hit the table. I'd also look to hit hard and fast, as you don't want them to have time to set up their deck with Lucid dreams. (At least if they have built their crew for that. Its probably harder to do in a smaller game, ).

And of course, focus on scoring your points and denying your opponents.

16 minutes ago, ZedStrong said:

Having played guild in the Breach in the North (came dead last. Got best painted though....whooo! Hoffman!) all I can say is that its seriously hard at the moment, I played against Parker, Shenlong and Ironsides. Running Perdita, Hoffman and Basse respectively. Its really not easy to do well with guild in the UK atm, in my opinion its because of the inability to take a second master in most events in the UK now. I really feel like its where the strength is in the faction and its killing it for me. Really contemplating jumping to Neverborn because I feel pretty handicapped. The lack of some master missing key pieces at the moment really isnt helping either. Dashel and Lucius receiving all the toys they need could be the difference but Im not sure. Really hoping that Im wrong with my opinion on taking a second master but I just feel like we are lacking options because of it.

I wondered about the second master issue because it feels like an equalizer for guild, but given the horror of second master z, Molly, or kirai I wasnt really sure

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I wondered about the second master issue because it feels like an equalizer for guild, but given the horror of second master z, Molly, or kirai I wasnt really sure

It could be an issue but if your playing against someone and feel like they are going to take a second master I feel like you can build a crew to counter that, even if it does involve taking a second mater yourself. If everyone was doing it, it wouldn't be an issue. Just slightly annoyed because I really feel like we would be in with a chance if we could... gonna have to build Zoraida if it keeps going at this rate...

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:42 PM, Michael Curran said:

LJ & I have the DREAMER first @ 30 stones.   Any advice, seriously..... don’t want to get mauled if at all possible.

I've played against the Dreamer once, so I'm practically an expert. The Dreamer has a ton of healing in keyword, so make sure you finish off models. If you take out Chompy Bits early that takes a lot of the teeth out of the crew. Dreamer can only summon minions, so focus on enforsers and henchmen. Expect wp duels. 

Assassinate Dreamer and the game is yours. He has Serene Countenance and Protected, but if you can get him more than 2" away from Nightmate models (by moving or burying him or the models) he's a def FIVE, SEVEN wound master. Two focused hit will make quick work of him.

Remember if your opponent is spaming lucid dream to remove low cards, his first few turns will probably be really weak. If hes picking out high cards for Stitched, his late game wont be as strong

On 8/11/2019 at 11:42 PM, Michael Curran said:

I don't think he will do the daydream spam trick to remove half his deck because at 30ss he will not have many ss left to bring more threat! take care about stitched they can be nasty if he remove 1 or 2 high cards for his gamble ability (even removing a 10 is dangerous for you because you can't cheat this flip and highest card wins)

As others have said kill Chompy fast and it will hurt him a lot. He will surely keep the Dreamer away and well protected with a few nightmare bodyguard around for take the hit and this is a perfect situation for lady J because you will have multiple target close to each other ;)

The Jury is a monster against the dreamer! take her! :P 

Well - LJ & the Marshal keyword took on the little dreamer kid yesterday at high noon.  My opponent traveled an hour and a half to play a tabletop game so I admire that sort of dedication to start with.  It ends up that he was a really nice guy and understood the game itself, but was unsure of the strengths and weaknesses of his crew.  He had a tough go of it - let’s just leave it at that.  It was a 30ss engagement that ended 7:3 Marshals.  If you know the game, you know what that means.

He and I spoke at length about his crew, and the adjustments that can be made to become more formidable.  He will improve for sure.

I used - LJ & Scales, Judge, Lone Marshal, Stewie, & a Death Marshal.  30ss on the button

He used - Dreamer & Chompy, Serena Bowman, Corpulis (squigward looking thing), daydreams x2, Madness.  30 SS on the nose to

Our next League game will be scheduled Sunday and escalate to 35 SS.  You are given a week to get the match in, barring an unforeseen hardship of course.........

On 8/11/2019 at 1:26 PM, 4thstringer said:

But the Scottish gt and the breach in the North guild struggled badly.  (You can see these results on the UK malifaux rankings website). 

To be fair, in the first Breach in the North Event back in April, I took Guild and performed poorly.  But thats because I'm rubbish and shouldn't be taken as representation of the factions overall competitiveness!