Will one of you go and do well at a tourney with guild?

4thstringer

On 8/18/2019 at 5:09 PM, Alansonchik said:

in St. Petersburg, in Russia next weekend will be a big tournament for two days. Malifaux Nationals SPb, 2019. Participate 30+ players from different cities. There will be 3-4 players for our faction, Guild. About results I will write in this topic.

How did it go?  

On 8/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, trikk said:

I personally don't feel handicapped when playing agains Shenlong or Kira. Didn't play versus Parker but I think Guild wins on the solo-master format more than it loses.

I played Dashel against Parker and I won.

He showed the bandits what really a shooty crew looked like:

three rifleman do great against a crew, that rather likes to shoot than getting into Melee.

I reached the sixth (or fith in ranks) place out of 10.

Guild overall the third of five.

But I think it was a tournament at the Ende of the Beta and not with the final stat cards. 

• Like 2

Just now, Qracy said:

I played Dashel against Parker and I won.

He showed the bandits what really a shooty crew looked like:

three rifleman do great against a crew, that rather likes to shoot than getting into Melee.

I reached the sixth (or fith in ranks) place pur of 10.

Guild overall the third of five.

But I think it was a tournament at the Ende of the Beta and not with the final stat cards. 

I bet the riflemen felt so good against a crew full of run and gun.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Michael Curran said:

Pandora got me 8:4.

I ended up hitting myself through most of the game and taking another wound for failing a WP test and another for misery........  felt like a slow, strangle hold.

Good game though, my opponent was a great guy.

Sounds awesome. I’m looking forward to getting Pandora crew on the table myself. 

14 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Sounds like guild pulled in a second place at Armourcon Primer tournament in New England. (Hoff, Dita, Sonnia)

• Round 1 – Turf War on Corner Deployment
»» Detonate Charges, Harness the Ley Line, Outflank, Claim Jump, & Vendetta

• Round 2 – Plant Explosives on Standard Deployment
»»Breakthrough, Hold Up Their Forces, Take Prisoner, Assassinate, & Deliver A Message

• Round 3 – Corrupted Idols on Wedge Deployment
»» Detonate Charges, Search The Ruins, Dig Their Graves, Power Ritual, & Vendetta

Dead Mans Hand models will be allowed

Unreleased models without legal rules will not be allowed

Those are key points for me. There is a "problem" right now in my opinion as every meta is allowing different things so getting a sense of what is good or not is really difficult.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:54 PM, Qracy said:

I signed up for the german championship at the start of November. There will be 38 participants...My goal is not getting the 38th place with my Guild. 😅

Looking forward to meet a fellow Guild player at the nationals. With a bit of luck we will be 4 Guild players at the nationals (1 is still unconfirmed).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, longfanz said:

• Round 1 – Turf War on Corner Deployment
»» Detonate Charges, Harness the Ley Line, Outflank, Claim Jump, & Vendetta

• Round 2 – Plant Explosives on Standard Deployment
»»Breakthrough, Hold Up Their Forces, Take Prisoner, Assassinate, & Deliver A Message

• Round 3 – Corrupted Idols on Wedge Deployment
»» Detonate Charges, Search The Ruins, Dig Their Graves, Power Ritual, & Vendetta

Dead Mans Hand models will be allowed

Unreleased models without legal rules will not be allowed

Those are key points for me. There is a "problem" right now in my opinion as every meta is allowing different things so getting a sense of what is good or not is really difficult.

DMH allowed is bleh to me. Those crews are so untested and unbalanced. (not wanting to open up any arguements about whether Wyrd should or shouldn't have done it) but I think now that its done we should let them be buried until such a time that those crews show back up and get some love. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

DMH allowed is bleh to me. Those crews are so untested and unbalanced. (not wanting to open up any arguements about whether Wyrd should or shouldn't have done it) but I think now that its done we should let them be buried until such a time that those crews show back up and get some love. 

Well... Ryle with Hoffman is no joke as it is Ramos as second master but my point was that not all the tournaments have the same allowed models so is pretty difficult to rank factions

Just now, longfanz said:

Well... Ryle with Hoffman is no joke as it is Ramos as second master but my point was that not all the tournaments have the same allowed models so is pretty difficult to rank factions

Agreed. That's one thing in the NC meta our Henches all did was decide on a FAQ and rules list for all tourneys in our 3 meta areas so that everything is consistent when people travel. Makes it so much easier. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I don't know how much internal testing there was, but in the open and closed betas they weren't the lowest played crews (in viewable battle reports) from what I can remember. They certainly weren't the most played crews, but claiming they are untested does undermine the work that was done on them.

9 hours ago, longfanz said:

I would have said it has always been a bit like that. Different metas value things differently. You've always been able to look at the UK Meta, and the wider US meta and see different results. I've certainly seen it in the smaller UK groups, although most of the ones I came in contact with was because they were taking part in bigger events, which "cross contaminates" them. Also I see a lot of games that are not making all their turns, which makes a big difference to tactics and outcomes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Adran said:

I don't know how much internal testing there was, but in the open and closed betas they weren't the lowest played crews (in viewable battle reports) from what I can remember. They certainly weren't the most played crews, but claiming they are untested does undermine the work that was done on them.

That's fair untested is wrong but unbalance really isn't the wrong term for them. It doesn't feel like they got near the effort that others did to keep them in check, and rightfully so if they aren't meant to be supported at the moment. I'm generally ok with that. I would love to see them return to the game, just think that if the company shelves them, that's where they should stay (at least on the competitive side of the table). 

4 hours ago, Adran said:

I would have said it has always been a bit like that. Different metas value things differently. You've always been able to look at the UK Meta, and the wider US meta and see different results. I've certainly seen it in the smaller UK groups, although most of the ones I came in contact with was because they were taking part in bigger events, which "cross contaminates" them. Also I see a lot of games that are not making all their turns, which makes a big difference to tactics and outcomes.

You are on point with games not ending and I think that is pretty bad for guiild or killy crews as they rely on kill then scheme and that's hard if there are only 3 turns

I too am getting ready to enter tournaments along the northern west coast and am determined to bringing only guild. I took second in a tourney last edition and am definitely trying to go in with something prove, as I am one of like 2 guild players I know in this geographical area. Loving the stuff and advice coming out of this forum. Keep up the ideas and experience!

• Like 1