Sign in to follow this  
Le gob

Through the breach and M3E

Some changes made in M3E are interesting and in my opinion would benefite to translate inte the RPG.

To name a few: charges in 1 action, and the new conditions instead of the old ones.

Is there an update scheduled to get the RPG more in line with the new M3E rules?

I'm aware this would need to make changes in a lot of character classes, so maybe a new edition?

The problem with a new edition is TTB2E just isn't very old.  In fact, it hasn't even replaced the 1E supplements like Into the Steam, Under Quarantine etc (though perhaps there never was any such intention).

While it isn't necessarily essential that TTB follow Malifaux rules, I generally do think it's a good idea overall and would have liked to see the Conditions especially sharing unified rules.  Now, for my own games, since I don't use the horrible single-flip fixed TN system, my game is already closer to Malifaux.

1 hour ago, SaveVersus said:

I'm not familiar with the Malifaux rules. What TN system do you use?

In ordinary TtB if you want to do something like hit someone or lie to them or find them while they hide, the Fated flip a card against a set static TN.  And of course, it works the other way too (if you want to see if the fated are hit or found, the fated again flip against a fixed TN).

Instead, in an opposed situation, in my games the fated flip and add their AV, and then I flip for the NPC and add their AV.

It's essentially the same system as Malifaux, and it was a rule an optional rule in the 1st edition Fatemaster's Almanac.