Some thoughts/tips on Dreamer...

Maniacal_cackle

Nekima seems to be super strong for hunting down models and smashing them in combat, so it may well be the case that Nekima is favoured against the Dreamer.

Even if that is the case, that doesn't mean that Nekima is stronger than the Dreamer in a wide range of matchups.

But in my experience, when one crew simply wipes out another crew instantly, player mistakes account for a lot of it. See the Dreamer vs Titania thread from a while back.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Nekima seems to be super strong for hunting down models and smashing them in combat, so it may well be the case that Nekima is favoured against the Dreamer.

Even if that is the case, that doesn't mean that Nekima is stronger than the Dreamer in a wide range of matchups.

But in my experience, when one crew simply wipes out another crew instantly, player mistakes account for a lot of it. See the Dreamer vs Titania thread from a while back.

Agreed, when I see those stomps, it's usually more a problem with one of the player's strategy than one of the sides being OP. You know the enemy models before deploying, so if you see a crazy alpha strike potential, then stepping back and playing safe the first two turns with a creed who is weak early is the best bet. Some creeds could be favored versus others of course, but I don't think any match is decided before playing.

I saw that Dreamer vs Titania thread, pretty amusing XDD. Poor guy, everyone has to learn :P

Discovered a cool interaction today.

On corrupted idols, you can use a wicked doll to push an idol. This kills the doll in an efficient way, and then you have a scrap marker for Widow Weaver. Might test out a single doll tonight. I don't think it worth going crazy trying to make it happen, but we'll see if I pull it off!

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, Ogid said:

Ah ok, so it'd be 10 free movement (zoraida + fly), plus a charge+engagement range; 18 inches of "threat range" without expending actions for the Mature (+2 focus and fast). That sounds nasty!. However Nekima would need to expend her AP to advance (so 8 inches of "threat range" or 14 expending 1 AP just moving)... The other creed needed to deploy and move very agressively for you to be able to hit them that hard in the first turn with both of them. I guess you put Inhuman Reflexes in both, right?

Why the dreamer didn't discard a card or a SS to save their models from Execute??

I take note of that Alpha strike tho :P

i dont declare execute i declare shove aside to hit more modells xD

Disclaimer: I am a novice player.

Whilst I have learned a great deal from this thread I can't help recalling all the tips I here from expert players ringing in my ears as I read.

Fancy combos don't win matches, scheming and playing the strategy win matches. 

We must not forget that as we spend precious AP/soulstones setting up all these tricks that points are the prize.

Not a criticism by any means just an observation from what I have picked up.

Average you can hope for 50 AP a match total when playing well, to score and deny 8pts.

Work back from there.

ps love the scrap marker from a doll for WW after pushing a corrupted idol

• Agree 1