scheme runners

wizuriel

I've been working on this topic as well. Here's some of what I've come up with:

Packs of Guild Hounds: running a mon of these guys together up one table side is great. They can individually lay down a bunch of schemes and are very fast. Can have a potential Stat 10 on melee too. Very fragile though and need to stay together.

False Witness: lays down an alarming amount of scheme markers and can mess with enemy scheme shenanigans. Lacks any form of speed without help.

Horsies: all of them have good speed. Lone Marshall has a SH7 so can defend very well once he gets somewhere. They are all a pretty major points investment.

Grimwell: generally makes it into most of my list as nimble is fabulous and he's still a pretty darn good enforcer. Has ways to push towards enemies if need be.

Out of Family, I have been running the Monster Hunters.  They get a 5" push towards enemy models as a bonus action and a free 4" push during the end of turn.  Add that into the 4" push they get when they focus, and they can have 13" of movement without taking a walk action and have focus to use when they need it.  Plus they've got decent base stats and a good number of wounds.  They're very good at moving up and killing enemy scheme runners and then dropping their own scheme markers efficiently.

16 minutes ago, Cathaidan said:

Out of Family, I have been running the Monster Hunters.  They get a 5" push towards enemy models as a bonus action and a free 4" push during the end of turn.  Add that into the 4" push they get when they focus, and they can have 13" of movement without taking a walk action and have focus to use when they need it.  Plus they've got decent base stats and a good number of wounds.  They're very good at moving up and killing enemy scheme runners and then dropping their own scheme markers efficiently.

Creep Along is towards Frendlies ;)

• Like 1

I don't think I'd ever play Outflank/Power Ritual with anyone else than Dashel or Hoffman tbh. Dashel can summon dogs/mounted guards and Hoff has Hunters with Mv6 and Deadly Pursuit+Transfer Power.

As for scheme runners: False Witness, Nellie, Watchers are probably my go to

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trikk said:

I don't think I'd ever play Outflank/Power Ritual with anyone else than Dashel or Hoffman tbh. Dashel can summon dogs/mounted guards and Hoff has Hunters with Mv6 and Deadly Pursuit+Transfer Power.

As for scheme runners: False Witness, Nellie, Watchers are probably my go to

Lucius can do them because he can make anyone get out there fast enough.  Pale rider/lone Marshall can do outflank.

4 hours ago, trikk said:

It's still 16 points that often don't contribute to the main brawl

I was going to post something about points being what wins games,  but I think more accurately I don't want there to be a "main brawl"  in my Lucius games.  I wanna out manuever and pick my battles to victory.

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I was going to post something about points being what wins games,  but I think more accurately I don't want there to be a "main brawl"  in my Lucius games.  I wanna out manuever and pick my battles to victory.

Pick Executionier, make 11 Execute attacks. See them melt ;) 

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Probably works well.  I tend to stick to the keyword pretty hard in Lucius because I love that sweet sweet card draw.  I'll have to try that tonight instead.

I don't really like playing lists that avoid fights because it can end up pretty bad pretty easy.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Dark Reaper said:

Sanctioned Spellcasters are very good. Easy access to fast in the early rounds and only 4SS.

It's pretty easy to keep fast on them even in the later turns.  You just sometimes need to activate someone to catch up to them first.  Similarly, Creep Along and similar abilities sometimes just require you have someone walk ahead first.

1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

It's pretty easy to keep fast on them even in the later turns.  You just sometimes need to activate someone to catch up to them first.  Similarly, Creep Along and similar abilities sometimes just require you have someone walk ahead first.

When you have to activate someone else to catch up, at that point aren't you trading a higher cost activation for a lower cost and handicapped activation?  Sometimes I can see that being worth it, but man that sounds inefficient overall.

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

When you have to activate someone else to catch up, at that point aren't you trading a higher cost activation for a lower cost and handicapped activation?  Sometimes I can see that being worth it, but man that sounds inefficient overall.

I usually pair Samael with the sanctioned spellcasters because with creep along he can easily follow them without wasting actions walking!

• Like 1