Charles Hoffman experience

Humphrey

Hi,

after attacking M3E, I recently tested Hoffman and found him quite amazing. His constructs provide a very nice toolbox for all kinds of schemes while being extraordinarily tough. The power tokens felt super powerful as they are quickly stacked on things like peacekeepers and provide a workaround for concealment.

I especially liked Joss with the LLC and a bunch of power tokens as his arch axe is an absolute awesome weapon. Getting focus with mobile toolkit, fast by Hoffman and a 10“ push by the guardian felt just awesome.

Also, reading „transfer power“, am I correct to assume that a model can target itself with the ability just two push 2“?

Anyone already tested  other things, Howard for instance? Is he viable as an Arcanist? Magical Training on a Guardian sounds funny, at least.

thanks for your insights.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Humphrey said:

Hi,

after attacking M3E, I recently tested Hoffman and found him quite amazing. His constructs provide a very nice toolbox for all kinds of schemes while being extraordinarily tough. The power tokens felt super powerful as they are quickly stacked on things like peacekeepers and provide a workaround for concealment.

I especially liked Joss with the LLC and a bunch of power tokens as his arch axe is an absolute awesome weapon. Getting focus with mobile toolkit, fast by Hoffman and a 10“ push by the guardian felt just awesome.

Also, reading „transfer power“, am I correct to assume that a model can target itself with the ability just two push 2“?

Anyone already tested  other things, Howard for instance? Is he viable as an Arcanist? Magical Training on a Guardian sounds funny, at least.

thanks for your insights.

If you are allowing DMH Ryle is legit terrifying in this edition.  against crews without a lot of htw he can really rip things up.

I self-push with transfer power.  Its good. 

I've had good luck the one time I sent Joss in with a bunch of tokens.

I like the hunters for hunting down scheme runners, but don't fool yourself thinking they will take on actual beaters successfully.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:37 PM, trikk said:

If you take Guardian, Diesel Engine is way better than magical training IMHO because you get the extra 3" move.

I'd take magical training any day for the extra card. Of course you could also put it on another model, but I like it on the Guardian.