Jump to content
Steve-El-Tragger

Lets have a talk about the infamous Zipp

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, ShinChan said:

And the miniatures have a rifle, but they don't shoot... 

Thats my biggest sadness with  them. I run one sometimes with Merris on one flank to toss the free scheme marker with bomb's away near the Bayou Smuggler to give it fast. It also has a 2" melee so can actually guard the markers you don't want you opponent to remove (or turf war markers). But i really wish they had a gun action to makesure they are useful in some way every turn.

When it comes up "Changing Plans" has scored me a point when ever I had to use it (it also makes detonate the charges much easier) but you are taking a 6 ss model that spends most of it's activates setting up for something that is too easily telegraphed to your opponent. 

They are not "unplayable" and you will find something for them to do each turn ... but Zipp is tight on points to begin with and there is little the Smuggler can do that makes her the pick over 2 Flying Piglets. 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OracleToronto said:

Thats my biggest sadness with  them. I run one sometimes with Merris on one flank to toss the free scheme marker with bomb's away near the Bayou Smuggler to give it fast. It also has a 2" melee so can actually guard the markers you don't want you opponent to remove (or turf war markers). But i really wish they had a gun action to makesure they are useful in some way every turn.

When it comes up "Changing Plans" has scored me a point when ever I had to use it (it also makes detonate the charges much easier) but you are taking a 6 ss model that spends most of it's activates setting up for something that is too easily telegraphed to your opponent. 

They are not "unplayable" and you will find something for them to do each turn ... but Zipp is tight on points to begin with and there is little the Smuggler can do that makes her the pick over 2 Flying Piglets. 

 

 

They also die to a breeze. Df 5, Wp 4. They can use SS, but you don't want to use SS on a model that cost 6 and doesn't give you anything special, neither to Bandits or Infamous.

These are part of a very small amount of models that should be reworked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OracleToronto said:

It also has a 2" melee so can actually guard the markers you don't want you opponent to remove (or turf war markers).

... but Zipp is tight on points to begin with and there is little the Smuggler can do that makes her the pick over 2 Flying Piglets.

I had not noticed the 2" reach.... that is few and far between now days, especially in the Bayou!  But yeah, 2 flying piglets would be a much better a spending 95% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I had not noticed the 2" reach.... that is few and far between now days, especially in the Bayou!  But yeah, 2 flying piglets would be a much better a spending 95% of the time.

it DOES allow them to force an opponent to drop a scheme marker through their trigger (which you can get from stoning) and then your reach can prevent them just picking it up again ... but again a lot of set up. They are finesse models that can do exactly what you want .... if you invest the stones/time etc ... and they still die to a stiff breeze

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jubby said:

Any good starting list for zipp that you could recommend?

And can he use versatile from other faction when he's in gremlins?

No, out of faction models can be hired only if they share the leader's keyword. Versatiles that don't share the leader's keyword can be hired only from declared faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jubby said:

Any good starting list for zipp that you could recommend?

And can he use versatile from other faction when he's in gremlins?

My general advice when first using a master is to base you crew on the crew box and keyword.  It might not be the best crew for the situation, but you are likely to see what the keyword is capable of.

Since Zipps box is Him and Earl, The first Mate and 3 Skeetars, this is a good starting place.  Taking a quick look at these cards, the Skeetars all have Ride with me, so I probably want  a few more smaller models to take advantage on this ability (Movement tricks are great).  So I would consider Burt or Wrastlers or Johan to make up numbers, depending on what you own. If you have enough models, then you might not want to start with 3 skeetars and rather try a greater number of them on the table, which comes with the advantage of potentially finding out what models are good at but the downside that you have more to learn at the beginning, and you're less likely to see how any particular model does in certain circumstances, because its less likey to be in that place.

I find that Free loot is an ability that I almost never get to use. Especially because they all come with it.

Once you've had a few games you can start trying to maximise the strengths and minimise the weaknesses, and this might be a good time to start looking at versitiel models, and even models from other keywords.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adran said:

 

I find that Free loot is an ability that I almost never get to use. Especially because they all come with it.

 

 

 

Free Loot is a wierd one. 90% of games it never comes up. However, when it does, its just disgustingly good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

Free Loot is a wierd one. 90% of games it never comes up. However, when it does, its just disgustingly good. 

Yes, I know if I face Infamous I don't want to do anything with scheme markers. If I have to use them I need to drop them the last activations before I score them, just because of how good this ability is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scoffer said:

No, out of faction models can be hired only if they share the leader's keyword. Versatiles that don't share the leader's keyword can be hired only from declared faction.

Well.... these's .

Johan.

He's....... meh?

Good melee damage output, but.... every thing else is lackluster for 7 stones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jubby said:

I tough that Johan looks like a good model.

He hits very hard for his cost, but that's almost all he does. He also isn't that quick, so getting him in place to hit hard might be tricky (Although see my earlier comments on ride with me).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but for what it does and the resources you need to do anything but hit people, 7 stones is just too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am likely biased as I converted my Johan to be a Janitor with a mop and bucket when i used him for condition removal in my McMourning crew in Me2 and I was super happy he was infamous for Zipp so I can use him in my Bayou now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 6:33 AM, OracleToronto said:

I am likely biased as I converted my Johan to be a Janitor with a mop and bucket when i used him for condition removal in my McMourning crew in Me2 and I was super happy he was infamous for Zipp so I can use him in my Bayou now.

:D Please post a picture!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 6:06 PM, OracleToronto said:

I rebased and undercoated him again to make sure he fits into my Bayou crew. 

IMG_0138.JPG

I cant even begin to tell you how much I love this!!

This fits perfectly for Zipp's crew! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 6:06 PM, OracleToronto said:

I rebased and undercoated him again to make sure he fits into my Bayou crew. 

IMG_0138.JPG

You just made me want to have a thorough look at Johan's card, and if good with Zipp, into converting Johan into a huge Gremlin (sort of like Lenny)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Poa - i'm not going to lie he needs some babysitting. However I always find that if I run him with a Bokor to keep him on his feet and a Skeeter to help place him where he wants to be (and make up for his awful Mv 4) He has gotten the kind of impact I would expect from a much heavier beater. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been meaning to ask people what they think of Zip and crew. It seems like infamous has a lot of pretty good models, and cool abilities but not much crew synergy. Everyone has Showboating which is an amazing ability, but it doesn't really provide a keyword force multipler

 

Mancha's shielded from pianos and the First Mate's pounce seem like the only real ones I've noticed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are a great variable tool box, which is what I think their synergy is.  They are the anti-Keyword.

Within the faction or the keyword is the answer to every problem.

... vs gunline, take concealing.

... vs melee, take bonus actions to move out of melee.

... vs scheme heavy, take scheme marker destroyers.

... vs marker heavy, take marker destroyers (and now movers).

... vs conditions, take condition removers, now with more Johan(a).

... vs elite crews, take pianos to make them waste precious actions clearing choke points.

... vs horde crews, take shockwave markers.

... vs defensive crews, take attacks that target Mv & Sz, or more shockwave markers.

... vs Terrifying, take the Inferiority Complex upgrade that gives you Relentless.

 

Infamous is infamous for having all the answers!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information