Page 69 "This or that" choices

Erik1978

Question

Am I reading this right?

If you already had stunned (or couldn't gain that condition) you HAVE to choose to discard a card if you have one?

Which means models who play against a Rasputina lead crew, and who are slow while activating within 1" of her or an ice pillar MUST discard a card if they have one?

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Erik1978 said:

Am I reading this right?

If you already had stunned (or couldn't gain that condition) you HAVE to choose to discard a card if you have one?

Which means models who play against a Rasputina lead crew, and who are slow while activating within 1" of her or an ice pillar MUST discard a card if they have one?

That's right.  I believe a person can point directly to things like M2E Sloth's "discard a card or gain Slow or suffer 2 damage" choice should be resolved more favorably towards Sloth than the enemy models.

On a related note, it's wort pointing out that the Execute trigger was rewritten to "The target must either discard a card or a Soulstone.  IF it does neither, it is killed, ignoring Demise Abilities."  The "This or That" Choice rules mean that if you have a card or a soulstone, you can't just say "I'll let the model die" like you could in M2E, instead you have to choose one of the options that you can do If you can do any of them.