Louisville, Ky - 50SS Tournament - Aug 31 2019

noob

50SS M3E Tournament
$15.00 Entry Fee (Covers Pizza Lunch)
Heroes Comics & Gaming
31 Aug 2019
Sign In: 1200 (noon)
Round 1 Assignments: 1230 (1245 if I am unable to get the tables set up prior to Sign In, but plan for 1230 Assignment time)
Round 1 Start Time: 1245
(2 Hour Rounds with 10 min before each round for crew creation and discussion of terrain on the board between opponents)

Crew Creation Rules:
-50 Soul Stones to hire each rounds crew.
-Fixed Faction (Player declares which faction they will be using for the entirety of the tournament, when they check in with the Event Organizer)
-Crews can change between rounds.
-Henchman-led crews ARE allowed.  I ask that, if you choose to run your crew with a Henchman, please courteously make that very clear during setup, to your opponent (if they're new to M3E).
-No Dead Man's Hand led crews.

Painting Requirements:
-WYRD MODEL FULLY ASSEMBLED AND ON THE APPROPRIATELY SIZED BASE! No Painting requirements!!!

What the Player needs to bring:
-The Wyrd models they are using for the tournament. Proxy models not allowed unless cleared with me by Aug 28 via private message.
-Their own Malifaux Fate Deck. (Not a deck of playing cards as not everyone knows which card suit correlates to which Malifaux suit)
-Their own measuring device.
-Malifaux stat cards for the models they are using. Official Tarot sized cards or the m3e print outs available for download (subject to inspection by the EO prior to event start) the player must have their stat cards in physical form for the opponent to view on the table across from them.
-A means to mark the conditions their crews cause. We want to generate a clear state of play at all times.

M3E Deployment, Strats, and Schemes will be flipped the 21st of Aug, and shared on this post (alongside its Facebook event post
https://www.facebook.com/events/3134337369940567/)

Prizes:
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place will earn store credit (amount dependent on number of participants)
Raffle prize available only to those who use only fully painted and based models for the event!
Mystery Prize (requirements for this prize will not be shared)

Tournament final placements to be determined by Tournament points with ties determined by Differentials scored.

If you have any questions, please post them below.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, SparrowRose said:

This post says that the event starts at 11, but the store opens at noon. Is he opening early? Also, why no henchman led crews? Some keywords are unplayable and that sucks not being able to use models people worked hard on. 

Edited to reflect the correct opening time of the store.  I messaged the store owner, asking if I could get there early to set up the tables and, if I can, I will adjust the Rd 1 assignment time.

Please explain which keywords are unplayable without using Henchman as leaders of the crews.   I'm ok with adjusting or making exceptions if I've missed something. :)

Asylum, Half-Blood, each with 4 models in their keyword and no master.

Crossroads and Puppet being the other two?

In M2E, when someone declared the Crossroads 7 they ran the seven as a single crew with Wrath as the leader.  In M3E I could see it going one of three ways:
-Declare Crossroads as keyword and choosing one of 7 Henchman as your crew's Leader (that models faction is the declared faction for the event and the player doesn't have to run all 7 of the Crossroads model in the crew, remainder of crew composition continues as normal)
-Declare Crossroads as keyword and you then play the 7 models with 1 soulstone in your pool and you can choose any of the models to be the crews Leader. (faction would be whatever the chosen Leader was apart of)
-The special rules that accompanied the release in M2E carry over to M3E and, when a player declares Crossroads, they run the 7 with 1 soulstone in their pool and Wrath is the crew Leader.

Puppet-if a player participating at the event messaged me and asked me allow the Puppet keyword, sharing with me their reasoning, I would allow it.

17 minutes ago, noob said:

-Declare Crossroads as keyword and choosing one of 7 Henchman as your crew's Leader (that models faction is the declared faction for the event and the player doesn't have to run all 7 of the Crossroads model in the crew, remainder of crew composition continues as normal)

This is how the rules support it this edition, but again, it is a Henchman led crew technically.

I know @SparrowRose has Barbados which is why I brought it up, although idk if they wanted to run Nephilim.

I do know there's one person in our meta with Huggy and not Lynch but you explicitly wanted to avoid Huggy matches. I think (hopefully) that's all that are relevant and get hit.

• Like 1

PSA:

Proxies ARE allowed for any models not yet released BUT are in the faction specific rulebooks. You MUST have the rulebook with you, or the printed M3E card for the model to play. Proxies should be identifiable as the model they are proxies for on the appropriate sized bases. Painting and basing requirements still apply.

Just under 3 weeks away and have a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!

NO PAINTING OR FULLY BASED REQUIREMENTS!  You just have to have the Wyrd Model fully assembled and on the appropriate sized base and it's legal for play!

There will be a raffle for those players who use only fully painted and based models the entire tournament though! :)

ROUND 1...
Strategy:
-Reckoning
Deployment:
-Flank Deployment
Schemes:
-Outflank
-Detonate Charges
-Power Ritual
-Hold Up Their Forces
-Harness the Ley Line

ROUND 2
Strategy:
-Turf War
Deployment:
-Corner Deployment
Schemes:
-Deliver a Message
-Outflank
-Vendetta
-Hold Up Their Forces
-Assassinate

ROUND 3
Strategy:
-Plant Explosives
Deployment:
-Standard Deployment
Schemes:
-Search the Ruins
-Harness the Ley Line
-Claim Jump
-Vendetta
-Deliver a Message

50SS M3E Tournament Announcement!

Due to the sudden influx of players hitting "going" on the event, there is a chance we will have more than 15 participants.  Should that happen, the event will extend to have a 4th round!  I will flip the schemes for the possible 4th round later today and post them so that crew prep can begin.

BE SURE TO ARRIVE ON TIME AND CHECK IN WITH ME SATURDAY MORNING RIGHT AFTER YOU PAY AT THE FRONT COUNTER-KEEP YOUR RECIEPT, I'LL NEED TO SEE IT TO TAKE YOUR TOURNAMENT SHEET! The store opens at 12:00 and I plan to announce pairings at 1235 SHARP.

We can't wait to see you all Saturday! Drive safe!

@Keeblerpowell @SparrowRose @Thedeadclaw

ROUND 4
Strategy:
-Reckoning
Deployment:
-Wedge Deployment
Schemes:
-Breakthrough
-Power Ritual
-Dig Their Graves
-Take Prisoner
-Search the Ruins

One person reached out to me concerning proxies and that request has been taken care of.

Tomorrow morning you will come in and go to the sales counter and pay the entry fee, then BRING YOUR RECIEPT to me and I will check you into the tournament!

Store opens at 12:00 Noon and round 1 pairings are announced at 1235.  Let's all be as courteous as we can to everyone else participating and be on time so we can get started!

See you all tomorrow!

AUG 31st 50SS M3E TOURNAMENT RESULTS

First off, I would like to thank everyone for coming out and making the area’s first sanctioned M3E event such a huge success! We had players drive from Ohio, Lexington, and all over the local area to play. 19 participants in all! VERY IMPORTANT: Thank you to everyone for putting in the effort to get there on time yesterday. It was a long day and getting started on time definitely helped us all out.

Secondly, I would like to thank Steve and Heroes Comics & Gaming for hosting the event and having Wyrd product in stock so we could spend our prize support so quickly!  He let me come in late Friday evening to set up the tables so we didn’t waste time on Saturday, which was a huge help.

I hope everyone had a fun time and there were a few things that i’ll work to improve in the next events I run to speed the admin work of the event up but I hoped you all enjoyed it and felt it the running of the event met your expectations!

Alright, results after that wall of text:

1st - Gene Beeber - Ressers ($60 Store Credit)
2nd - Antonio Menendez - Outcasts ($30 Store Credit)
3rd - Mike Schmitz - Ressers ($15 Store Credit)
Painted Models All Day Raffle - Brian Kovac (Wyrd 10th Anniversary Aionius Model, NIB)
“New Egg, Fresh Beginnings” Award - Sean Powell (New Crew Box of Choice)