Is the LaCroixs one of the dead/whiped out groups?

WalkingInBlack

What you have heard is the Dead Man's Hand. Currently contains 4 Masters and 1 Henchman (and other models) that are no longer participating in the story process. Ophelia, however, is not one of the member. You may have more detail info from this page.

I guess Ophelia and her Kin were just being bad luck in the random draw on determining the release order. Given that they are not getting re-sculpting nor changing in box content, you can just purchase the M2E box.

41 minutes ago, Offswitch said:

They're just not getting updated models which is fine since they've not had any cosmetic changes in fluff and are absolutely perfect as they are.

who's to say.  All the stuff that isn't getting reworked (like Perdita for example) are up in the webstore right now.  Ophelia is notably missing.  My guess is they're up to something with how she's being parted out.   She's likely getting put into a box that follows the Master/Totem/Henchman/3 minion route?

We've seen Sammy, Rami, and Raphael in a box called "Copycats" , so just Merris and Pere Ravage are unknown.   Merris might show up in something Zipp related, but I'm stumped on Pere Ravage.

10 hours ago, Rufess said:

What you have heard is the Dead Man's Hand. Currently contains 4 Masters and 1 Henchman (and other models) that are no longer participating in the story process. Ophelia, however, is not one of the member. You may have more detail info from this page.

I guess Ophelia and her Kin were just being bad luck in the random draw on determining the release order. Given that they are not getting re-sculpting nor changing in box content, you can just purchase the M2E box.

The box will change, probably it will content Ophelia, totems, Franc and 3 lacroix raiders (there is a box with Rami, Raphael and Sammy) so plan accordly. I do think she will have a resculpt TBH, there is no master box with mixed old and new models.

33 minutes ago, longfanz said:

The box will change, probably it will content Ophelia, totems, Franc and 3 lacroix raiders (there is a box with Rami, Raphael and Sammy) so plan accordly. I do think she will have a resculpt TBH, there is no master box with mixed old and new models.

"master box" is an important qualifier as it turns out.  I think almost every supplemental box is a mixture of new and old right now.  (One Born Every Minute is the only exception that leaps out at me, but there will hopefully be others)

8 hours ago, Clement said:

"master box" is an important qualifier as it turns out.  I think almost every supplemental box is a mixture of new and old right now.  (One Born Every Minute is the only exception that leaps out at me, but there will hopefully be others)

Even Nekima will have a new model even though she have two already so...

1 hour ago, Clement said:

Nekima is off to a strong start, but she's got a ways to go to catch up to pandora/Rasputin's I think.

Unless you're counting dayglow and translucent as different, I think Colette is the winner, but her avatar being 3 new sculpts of her certainly helped a lot.

Teddy probably wins for non masters...

11 hours ago, longfanz said:

As far as I understood, the Wong box is using the old sculpts, but having Alphose in the place of Mancha.  but that's just what I inferred from comments, so I could be wrong.

24 minutes ago, WalkingInBlack said:

The thing is that both the Tuckets, the Brewmaster and Zipp are out and they have nothing new in them it seems, and that made me wonder why not the LaCroix.

Wyrd probably doesn't want to flood the marker with all the releases at one time, and rather spread them out. Plus, as Longfanz said in the above quote, it looks like the box contents will have changed

31 minutes ago, WalkingInBlack said:

Okay let me rephrase this, the LaCroix are older then the Tuckets, the Brewmaster and Zipp, so to me it seemed strange that the LaCroixs wasn't released at the same time as the Som'er Core Box, then again maybe Ophelia got demoted to Henchman again.

We have the rules for her cards, so we know she hasn't been demoted back to henchmen.  You can down load the cards (Or even buy then in the faction pack).  As to why some boxes are out earlier than others we don't really know. I can't remember the exact release schedule at the beginning of M2, but the kin box was out a similar time to tucket and brewmaster.

Wyrd can only make so many boxes at a time. We have had boxes delayed before because they couldn't get a satisfactory sculpt, so even if they had intended them out at the same time as another they had to be pushed back on the release schedule.

In Summary, Some boxes will be released later than others. There are many reasons to why some are picked and others aren't, some of which we know (or can guess) and other are unknown. What we do know is what the rules for the Kin are, and that they aren't dead mans hand models, so its unlikely that it is a campaign against the kin.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

We have the rules for her cards, so we know she hasn't been demoted back to henchmen.  You can down load the cards (Or even buy then in the faction pack).  As to why some boxes are out earlier than others we don't really know. I can't remember the exact release schedule at the beginning of M2, but the kin box was out a similar time to tucket and brewmaster.

Wyrd can only make so many boxes at a time. We have had boxes delayed before because they couldn't get a satisfactory sculpt, so even if they had intended them out at the same time as another they had to be pushed back on the release schedule.

In Summary, Some boxes will be released later than others. There are many reasons to why some are picked and others aren't, some of which we know (or can guess) and other are unknown. What we do know is what the rules for the Kin are, and that they aren't dead mans hand models, so its unlikely that it is a campaign against the kin.

Yeah I guess Wyrd might have made some changes to some of the sculpts as I recall some of them were off scale size vise, I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

4 hours ago, Adran said:

Unless you're counting dayglow and translucent as different, I think Colette is the winner, but her avatar being 3 new sculpts of her certainly helped a lot.

Teddy probably wins for non masters...

I think your wrong on both counts, actually.

Colette has 7 sculpts so far (original, 3x Avatar, M2E, Nightmare and M3E), but the Viktorias are up to 14 (2x M1E, 2x M1E Alts, 2x Avatar, 2x M2E, 2x Easter, 2x M3E, Metal Puppet and Plastic Puppet).

As for Teddy, he's up to 5 sculpts (1st ed, Nightmare, 2nd Ed, Miss, Puppet). Off the top of my head the Death Marshalls might be the winner in that regard - 4 sets of 3 sculpts (M1E, Nightmare, M2E, M3E), plus two puppets (metal and plastic) and a Miss model for 15 total. :)

---

Anyway, I can't imagine Ophelia's Master box too far off. She's clearly getting new sculpts for the Raiders (if not more?), so it'll likely come down to how far along those sculpts are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Adran said:

As far as I understood, the Wong box is using the old sculpts, but having Alphose in the place of Mancha.  but that's just what I inferred from comments, so I could be wrong.

Wyrd probably doesn't want to flood the marker with all the releases at one time, and rather spread them out. Plus, as Longfanz said in the above quote, it looks like the box contents will have changed

check out the m3e page, wong has new art so I'd say new sculpt for everybody.

On 8/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, Adran said:

I can't remember the exact release schedule at the beginning of M2, but the kin box was out a similar time to tucket and brewmaster.

Nope, Kin was the very first release for gremlins in M2e. First book was Kin, Som'er and Brewmaster, with Kin as the launch release. Som'er was late fall (I remember because I got my flgs to special order it; took another three-four months, and cost me about £60. Will NEVER place an order there again...). Brewmaster was supposed to be released during the winter, but due to some error in the kit it got delayed several times, until it became an in-joke that there was no Brewmaster, he was just a legend. Mah Tucket, as well as Wong and Ulix where second book, but cannot remember their release order...

Zoraida was also in the first book, but counted as Neverborn for the purpose of each faction starting out with theee masters...