Teach me about Titania

IntereoVivo

Getting back into the game after taking almost all of 2nd off. I played Ressers/Outcast/Neverborn in 1.5 (in that order). But since Tara and Yan Lo are currently nowhere to be found, I've decided to play Titania while I wait for the other two masters to get new boxes.

Down to business. With PullMyFinger disappearing (Side question. What the heck? Where did it go?) I don't know where to get a proper rundown of how to use her and her crew. So, my question is two-fold:

1) What sort of crew should I be building?

2) How does her crew work together?

A casual read tells me that she is going to be positioning reliant as most of her crew places Underbrush before the game starts, meaning you want to force your opponent to play around them. Otherwise, it seems like the crew ties the enemy up while Killjoy isolates and murders them one by one.

• Like 1

Theres a lot of killy in Titania. Though shes probably more a 'tank' crew in Neverborn.

Whole crew is undead (besides Waldgeists and Bultungin), so they get h2w. In addition armour +1 is common. And Titania can reduce severe dmg flips to moderate within 4". Pretty nice.

Offensively, Rougarou, KJ and Titania herself are pretty nasty. Rougarou and Titania are a little deceiving, being min 2, but have excellent triggers on Crows to not only add +1 damage to an enemy model within (i think) 2" of an underbrush marker, but also place that model in contact with said underbrush marker, making it a control trigger as well. Whilst KJ has Onslaught on min 3, making him simply brutal.

Her mid tier minions, the Autumn Knights are pretty strong, armour, h2w, df6 and a trigger to deal 2/3/4 in return to an enemy attacking them, plus they can force an enemy model to attack them or discard a card. Not bhed.

I think Aeslin (Titanias Hench) is very niche. Mostly for schemes like Dig their Graves, as she has ranged attacks that can drop scheme markers, but also can deal out some blasting injured, which isnt horrible.

I think where some really obscene tech comes in for this crew, is when you throw in something like the Hooded Rider. He doesnt get anything directly, beyond what the crew already provides, but The Gorar, Titanias Totem, should the Hooded die, can resummon him, or even better, Changelings can copy the Gorars 'Mold of the Other', tactical action, to resummon your Rougarous or mid tier beaters. Adding a heavy layer of toughness to the crew.

I've only been playing Titania for a month, but I've noticed a few things in my games. Positioning is very important.  You want your underbrush markers getting in your opponents movement lanes and interrupting sight lines to get negative flips on non melee attacks. You also want your opponents within two inches for the into thorns trigger that most of the keyword has. Being able to place an enemy model on the other side of the marker can free you up to move without disengaging. 

Aeslin and waldgeists are really good if there's a large severe terrain piece on the table, since they can attack any model in it with them regardless of line of sight or distance.

The autumn knight's are very cranky and take some effort for your opponent to put down.

The biggest problem I've found is speed. Titania can outpace the crew easily, so be careful not to let her get stuck out on her own, especially if the enemy has ranged attacks that ignore concealment.

Disagree with Aeslin being niche.

• She's the only one that has the Into Thorns trigger built-in an attack and Decay is a very tasty attack on its own. The other trigger to drop a scheme is very good in the right pools too. 
  • Tangled Thorns is a Melee attack, so gives her an engagement range, but generally you're always going to be using Decay.
  • As the game goes on, there'll generally be corpse/scrap for her to study for card draw (about the only draw in the crew).
  • Counterspell is always handy.
  • Honourable is niche but brutal against say Colette or Youko.
  • She's another Abundant Growth for underbrush markers
  • She's only 8ss! Amazing!

Mysterious Emissary is amazing with Titania, lots of concealing which puts enemies on :-flipagainst Roots from Below. This lets him easily get blasts (either from mod/severe or trigger). I usually go the Effissary route walking and focusing first two turns before morphing (into terrain, so it can heal).

Rougarou also help with speed with there Intimidating Roar. Use it to push Aeslin/Killjoy 6" first turn without giving them slow (not Minions), they then push 4 at the end of the turn and with Mv6, can easily catch up. I like to give these guys Inhuman Reflexes as they're a little fragile, so Butterfly Jump really helps.

My typical list:

image.png.4c90656289ed7e853a8fd34a9b336672.png

• Like 1

Titania, Aeslin, and the Emissary do the bulk of the work for me, with the Rougarou generally holding down a flank with some support from Titania as needed. The rest of the crew is generally built as needed. Autumn Knights are nice in that they can challenge to take some pressure off your other models, bultungin is a decent schemer/denial piece, waldgeist are just a sturdy model that are ever so slightly faster than the knights.

I am just gonna but in with a quick question, but was there ever any kind of consensus whether a model that ignores underbrush markers does it for attacking or solely for movement? 

If you don't ignore the concealment granted by underbrush markers pretty much everything in her crew that doesn't ignore concealment becomes terrible. Aeslin in particular.  

8 minutes ago, esqulax said:

I am just gonna but in with a quick question, but was there ever any kind of consensus whether a model that ignores underbrush markers does it for attacking or solely for movement? 

If you don't ignore the concealment granted by underbrush markers pretty much everything in her crew that doesn't ignore concealment becomes terrible. Aeslin in particular.  

If you ignore a marker, you ignore the traits of that marker (otherwise it means nothing) so sight lines drawn through an underbush marker won't cause concealment to them.

5 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

How important are bultugin and waldgeist?

Not essential, but I really like them. Waldgeist are study with Df5, Armour 1, 6wds for 6ss. Their other big selling point is Penetrating Stench to make the opponent discard. They're decent schemers as with Ambush, they can drop 2 scheme markers a turn and with the amount of Underbruch out there, hopefully you don't need to discard for it if you play it right.

Bultungin are awesome schemers/scheme runner hunters. They have a decent attack, Forage. The other great thing about them is Toss in Mud for Condition removal.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

I don't have Rougarou, sadly but I'm hoping those won't be needed. I do like the sound of the others so I guess I'll pick some up.

I think they're the top Fae minion and would generally want one in the list. It's a shame as they're super hard to find.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 9:00 PM, hippopacalypse said:

Aeslin and waldgeists are really good if there's a large severe terrain piece on the table, since they can attack any model in it with them regardless of line of sight or distance.

Can't they attack from one Marker to the other? It is treated as the same piece of terrain or not?

I thought this would be the trick. One marker in your zone with a Waldgeist inside and the other at the enemies half and an enemy inside. So the Waldgeist can attack the enemy at another corner of the table?

Please correct me because we have understood the rule this way. (Pdf Rules Page 36)

7 minutes ago, Hofidas said:

Can't they attack from one Marker to the other? It is treated as the same piece of terrain or not?

I thought this would be the trick. One marker in your zone with a Waldgeist inside and the other at the enemies half and an enemy inside. So the Waldgeist can attack the enemy at another corner of the table?

Please correct me because we have understood the rule this way. (Pdf Rules Page 36)

No. Each terrain marker is a separate piece of terrain. The rule you have misunderstood states

All Markers with the same name (i.e., Pyre Markers, Pit Trap Markers, etc.) count as the same piece of terrain for the purposes of the Hazardous Terrain Trait.

So they only count as the same piece of terrain when  you are counting how many pieces of hazardous terrain a model moved through basically.

1 minute ago, Adran said:

No. Each terrain marker is a separate piece of terrain. The rule you have misunderstood states

All Markers with the same name (i.e., Pyre Markers, Pit Trap Markers, etc.) count as the same piece of terrain for the purposes of the Hazardous Terrain Trait.

So they only count as the same piece of terrain when  you are counting how many pieces of hazardous terrain a model moved through basically.

Ok thank you. Damn this change my plans with Titania. But one big peace of terrain will work for Waldgeists and Aeris?

1 minute ago, Hofidas said:

Ok thank you. Damn this change my plans with Titania. But one big peace of terrain will work for Waldgeists and Aeris?

Yes if you have a 3' square piece of severe terrain then the waldgiest could attack anyone in it as long as it was in it also. This is one of the reasons they recommend that if you have big pieces of terrain, you "break" them up into smaller bits. (It also makes search the ruins easier)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stonegiant said:

and wouldnt Mold name a model?

It's "list a model by name" (the name of a model has to be written).

Doppleganger could copy "Mold of the others", but I'm not sure if it's worth it... she cannot use SS, so it's not that easy to pull it of (you will have to hold a valuable card in hand for long):

• Autum: 10+ of masks (5/54 cards)
  • Rougarou: 11+ of masks (4/54 cards)
  • Killjoy: 13 of masks (2/54 cards)

But with only Lure plus Mimic to copy Decay/Massive Cleaver, she could be a good model to include...

I'm not 100% sure if this would be legal, but the only way to do it with the  Changelings would be making the Doppleganger mimic "Mold of the others" and then the Changelings use "Just Like You" to copy Doppleganger's version; but that would be a suitless stat 5 ability (so a 12M+ for an Autum or a 13M/RJ for a Rougarou), plus having the 3 models in range and the Changeling costing 5 for being OOK (so "saving" only 2-3SS)... hardly worth it. 

I guess that at least spamming Germinate with the Changelings would be an option (copying Titania's), but for 1 SS more Waldgeist could be included to do the same without having to be attached to the leader.

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

No it doesn't. If it has any stipulation of naming a model it is listing a model by name. Doppleganger can't copy Dreamer's summon and do it better than he can.

Ok, The Dreamer's example makes sense, that would be quite broken...

A glossary of termns would be so welcome... I totaly thought "list by name" = ability must have written the name of a model (like "Your  Nightmare" with the trigger "Nightstalker")

1 hour ago, hippopacalypse said:

Killjoy can't be brought in with mold of the other. His demise ability heals and buries him so he doesn't really get killed unless the opponent ignores demise.

True lol, he is buried even when there is no more blood sacrifices... Niche use versus "Lantern of Souls"? 😅

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 6:45 AM, Ogid said:

Ok, The Dreamer's example makes sense, that would be quite broken...

A glossary of termns would be so welcome... I totaly thought "list by name" = ability must have written the name of a model (like "Your  Nightmare" with the trigger "Nightstalker")

True lol, he is buried even when there is no more blood sacrifices... Niche use versus "Lantern of Souls"? 😅

Just to be clear, Killjoy still counts as killed for schemes and strategies (ie Reckoning) right?