Perdita experience

Corwin

This week is the last week of a fast grow league my group was having. Every year for the grow league I choose a new guild master I haven't played yet. This year I chose Perdita. I learned quite a bit about what her and her crew can do.  I find the keyword is very mobile and is very flexible with a lot of out of activation actions. I played with just the crew box first two weeks, 30ss and 40ss. Week 3 50ss I added Queeg for one game and changed Frank for Lady J on the other. I found Perdita herself is great at stopping end of game points by using Target practice as the last activation to deny any of the scheme marker schemes. Also having Papa Loco (or any other family) take a double walk to get in position to have Frank end his action having Papa drop a marker. Nino's card draw is nice letting you get a few more cards for more out of activation actions. My game with Queeg made for a great turn one press letting people get a 4 inch push and fast for one damage put out a lot of turn one pressure. Santiago hits like a truck if you can keep him alive with grit going, but he died on me half the time before I could take advantage of it. Perdita is great at putting holes in people, but I feel the crew shines at all the other things they can do. 

• Like 1

I played today my first game with Perdita against McM and i won 5-1 (It could be 7-1 but i killed kentauroi too fast and Niño Ortega couldn't get the vendetta scheme)

Pale Rider is a must in the crew.

Here the list i played:

Guild, 50 SS
Beta version 3.22.19

Soul Stone Cache: 6
[Masters]
 - Perdita Ortega, Leader
[Henchmen]
 - Francisco Ortega
   + Lead-Lined Coat
[Enforcers]
 - Enslaved Nephilim
 - Santiago Ortega
   + Lead-Lined Coat
 - Nino Ortega
 - Abuela Ortega
 - Pale Rider

IMG_20190731_124651.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, belorey said:

I played today my first game with Perdita against McM and i won 5-1 (It could be 7-1 but i killed kentauroi too fast and Niño Ortega couldn't get the vendetta scheme)

Nino died? Bummer. Strong score regardless. And very interesting looking table.

50 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Nino died? Bummer. Strong score regardless. And very interesting looking table.

No, Niño survived, but i killed Kentauroi too fast with Perdita in the second turn. First i shoot him twice and he has 2 live before dead so he try to charge Perdita whist moving McM. So i shoot again with perdita couse of his finger on the trigger and i couldnt get the vendetta. 😅

1 hour ago, 11Anthonyc said:

Can you expand on Pale Rider's role in Perdi's crew?rams 

I deployed hin behind the crew to give support. He has movility and his can heal y a 6" area. In the second turn with 3 fate tokens + the ram i get shooting to Rogue Necromancy i give It to him injuries +4 (so he had 0 def all the turn) and hi died with the shoots of Pale + Niño. 

14 minutes ago, belorey said:

No, Niño survived, but i killed Kentauroi too fast with Perdita in the second turn. First i shoot him twice and he has 2 live before dead so he try to charge Perdita whist moving McM. So i shoot again with perdita couse of his finger on the trigger and i couldnt get the vendetta. 😅

You can score "End" scheme even if you missed the "Reveal" bit. So long as your Vendetta model is alive and theirs is dead, you score 1 at the End.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Michael Curran said:

If you defeated the good doctor that soundly, must have been a newbie player.  Congratulations though

Nope, he is the first time he lost a game with McM. It was my first time wirh Perdita. 

Maybe he has to improve more the crew, but he already know very well how It works. Anyway its hard to do your things when your enemy is shooting you since turn 1. 😅

On 8/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, Michael Curran said:

If you defeated the good doctor that soundly, must have been a newbie player.  Congratulations though

Wow... That's a backhanded compliment if ever there was one... way to put a player down on celebrating their win... 🤬

On 8/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, belorey said:

Nope, he is the first time he lost a game with McM. It was my first time wirh Perdita. 

Maybe he has to improve more the crew, but he already know very well how It works. Anyway its hard to do your things when your enemy is shooting you since turn 1. 😅

Good work on the win! Don't worry about people being very salty about Guild and being seeming conviced they're crap... Especially when they then asks basic questions about their rules and core mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...