A Little Bad With the Good

Kyle

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

If you didn’t hear us last time we mentioned it, here’s a reminder. For any and all Malifaux Third Edition books that you purchase (this includes the Core Rulebook and any/all of the Faction Books) a physical copy for, KEEP THE RECEIPT. Starting September, you will be able to send in a copy of your receipt for a digital version of the same book that you purchased. This offer will continue through December 15th. This is a great way to have your rules and lore on the go!

Question, for those at least hoping to buy some of these books over the GenCon weekend sale.  Will we be required to mail in a physical receipt (which you've sent to us) or can we use the online store receipt in its place??  Simply seems an extra hassle, you mail me books and a receipt to Australia for an online purchase, then I mail the receipt back.  Would some sort of system for claiming through a e-receipt of a Wyrd store online order of physical books made before Dec 15th be realistic and possible?

6 minutes ago, dancater said:

Question, for those at least hoping to buy some of these books over the GenCon weekend sale.  Will we be required to mail in a physical receipt (which you've sent to us) or can we use the online store receipt in its place??  Simply seems an extra hassle, you mail me books and a receipt to Australia for an online purchase, then I mail the receipt back.  Would some sort of system for claiming through a e-receipt of a Wyrd store online order of physical books made before Dec 15th be realistic and possible?

The last time they had this sort of offer, they had a web form where you just submitted a photo of your receipt and they e-mailed back codes for DriveThruRPG (I think) PDFs.

So you probably won't have to physically mail the receipt back, at least.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, solkan said:

The last time they had this sort of offer, they had a web form where you just submitted a photo of your receipt and they e-mailed back codes for DriveThruRPG (I think) PDFs.

So you probably won't have to physically mail the receipt back, at least.

Agreed, I do recall that and hope that we got some system of remote claim.

Glad to hear the digital books are still going to be made available to people that bought hard copies. My store still hasn't gotten any of my pre-order stuff in because their distributor is hot garbage. Not sure I'm ever going to get third edition stuff at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Mmm faction books? What does this means? We Are gonna need a core book and our faction book at least? 

This edition the rules book doesn't contain profiles, instead each faction is getting a codex style book with all its units in. You don't need the book, because you'll get the cards with the models you buy (and available for free online), but should you want the stories and the ability to look at the printed cards, then you can use the faction books

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dope_danny said:

How long does the gencon stuff stay in the store? i get paid on thursday and that alt molly crew is real tempting.

It usually stays open for a few days, I think.

The warning in the cart says:

Your order will not be dispatched until after GenCon 2019 finishes, we will begin processing orders on the 8th of August, or the 12th of August if it contains any of the new books. Due to the amount of orders placed during this period please leave extra time for us to process your order.

so presumably they're trying to give staff the opportunity to take breaks before Thursday (since Sunday's essentially a full work day plus travel), and there probably isn't much reason to take the sale down before then.

• Thanks 1