Wong skills doubts

Deuteros

13 hours ago, Beeray said:

the Instead here has you do it the same way that the Pigapult does
its letting you either place a Shockwave marker or Center like the Pigapult does

I fail to see how it telling you to do something instead of drop a marker actually results in you still dropping a marker.

2 hours ago, CD1248 said:

I fail to see how it telling you to do something instead of drop a marker actually results in you still dropping a marker.

Im saying the instead makes you do the same as the Pigapult, and my counterpoint to them having to make the duel from the Shockwave is based on the wording from the Pigapult. Saying that if the Stuffed Pig wasnt Killed by this Action, therefore telling me this action must deal damage to the Stuffed pig in some way. And the only damage that the action is inflicting is the Shockwave.

4 hours ago, Beeray said:

Im saying the instead makes you do the same as the Pigapult, and my counterpoint to them having to make the duel from the Shockwave is based on the wording from the Pigapult. Saying that if the Stuffed Pig wasnt Killed by this Action, therefore telling me this action must deal damage to the Stuffed pig in some way. And the only damage that the action is inflicting is the Shockwave.

But how do you parse the statement "when this model would do X, it may instead do Y" resulting in still doing X anyway?

It tells you not to drop a marker, you're doing something else instead.

17 minutes ago, CD1248 said:

But how do you parse the statement "when this model would do X, it may instead do Y" resulting in still doing X anyway?

It tells you not to drop a marker, you're doing something else instead.

I'm unsure what part of what I was saying states that a marker is placed.
But that isn't what I meant. 
What I meant was:
Centering from Pigapult and Centering from Wong, is the same. Neither place a marker.
When you center on a model for Shockwave, I think they are affected by it and have to perform the duel. [Again using Pigapult wording as my reasoning]

5 minutes ago, Beeray said:

I'm unsure what part of what I was saying states that a marker is placed.
But that isn't what I meant. 
What I meant was:
Centering from Pigapult and Centering from Wong, is the same. Neither place a marker.
When you center on a model for Shockwave, I think they are affected by it and have to perform the duel. [Again using Pigapult wording as my reasoning]

Ok, my mistake, but now I think you're doubly incorrect.

If a marker is not placed then the model must be the object generating the :new-Pulse:, and is thus unaffected per normal :new-Pulse:rules.

Pigapult does not include any wording that would preclude dropping a marker. Dropping a marker is part of the normal resolution of a Shockwave action, so unless something is preventing that from happening there will be a dropped marker.

2 hours ago, CD1248 said:

Ok, my mistake, but now I think you're doubly incorrect.

If a marker is not placed then the model must be the object generating the :new-Pulse:, and is thus unaffected per normal :new-Pulse:rules.

Pigapult does not include any wording that would preclude dropping a marker. Dropping a marker is part of the normal resolution of a Shockwave action, so unless something is preventing that from happening there will be a dropped marker.

image.thumb.png.d5f913805e863816ac6bb9490fac0d37.png

So we are saying there is a marker placed with this action directly on top[under?] of the model?
I see where the confusion is, I always assumed this wasnt making a marker at all. But because there isnt an "Instead of" clause I follow.

I concur with what @Clement had said prior.
Wong, no Duel
Pult, Duel

I feel so foolish, sorry about all this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, 

I'm a bit late to the party, I want to start playing wong and the pig a pult as well. I follow and agree with the consensus thus far. However, I have a question. If rhe stuffed pig is launched via the pigapult, and fails the test, thus doing the 2 damage, will it still gain a glowy token from "Hard knock life"? Which would then in turn proc "Hoof hearted" to make the demise ability have +1 difficulty?

7 hours ago, Cronex13 said:

Hey guys, 

I'm a bit late to the party, I want to start playing wong and the pig a pult as well. I follow and agree with the consensus thus far. However, I have a question. If rhe stuffed pig is launched via the pigapult, and fails the test, thus doing the 2 damage, will it still gain a glowy token from "Hard knock life"? Which would then in turn proc "Hoof hearted" to make the demise ability have +1 difficulty?

My answer is Yes.

Stuffed Piglet gains glowy token on step 5 of Damage Timing (digital rulebook p34) and it's demise ability is resolved later on step 6c.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:32 AM, Scoffer said:

My answer is Yes.

Stuffed Piglet gains glowy token on step 5 of Damage Timing (digital rulebook p34) and it's demise ability is resolved later on step 6c.

I've had 3 or 4 games with wong/Pigapult now and have been playing it as Wong = no shockwave, marker, Pigapult = shockwave under launched model (as per consensus on here) as it makes the most sense to me. Totally missed the trick that the stuffed would gain a glowy before dying!!! I've been loading them up with "the glow" before launching. Now they can be extra glowy! 

• Agree 1

Not to hijack the thread but one other question about pigapults/stuffed :

The stuffed pig that is summoned after deployment (from pet project), is this counted as already activated in turn 1 and does it generate a pass token for your opponent? I can't get my head around the start of game timings as "mindless" says it "counts as having activated this turn and neither player gains or discards any pass tokens". But is the deployment phase before turn 1 as it is before the "start of game" phase,where pass tokens are generated. Apologies if I've overcomplicated this. 

19 minutes ago, victorybod said:

Not to hijack the thread but one other question about pigapults/stuffed :

The stuffed pig that is summoned after deployment (from pet project), is this counted as already activated in turn 1 and does it generate a pass token for your opponent? I can't get my head around the start of game timings as "mindless" says it "counts as having activated this turn and neither player gains or discards any pass tokens". But is the deployment phase before turn 1 as it is before the "start of game" phase,where pass tokens are generated. Apologies if I've overcomplicated this. 

The deployment isn't part of turn 1, so I would think you can activate it turn 1, but it also generates a pass token turn 1.