Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
belorey

Make a wish. make a wish. What do you expect from The Explorer's Society?

Recommended Posts

You need someone to sell all these golden monkeys and crystal skulls to. A back alley curio shop owner with connections to all the wrong people. She knew that thing was cursed the moment you walked it into her shop, and has just what she needs to protect herself from its curse behind the counter. Annoy her and you'll leave her shop with a lovely relic that will leave you dead or worse in the next few days.

---

Claire Felsworth, Ghost Hunter, uses technical soulstone powered marvels to either recorporate and destroy, or immobilize and capture all manner of ghosts, haunts, and unwanted spirits. Whether laying traps or giving them a sound zapping, incorporeal beings have little chance against her. Your building will be ghost free in no time, given the right price. If she ever found out how her trusty sidekick drummed up business however, there'd be hell to pay. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rob Lo said:

You need someone to sell all these golden monkeys and crystal skulls to. A back alley curio shop owner with connections to all the wrong people. She knew that thing was cursed the moment you walked it into her shop, and has just what she needs to protect herself from its curse behind the counter. Annoy her and you'll leave her shop with a lovely relic that will leave you dead or worse in the next few days.

---

Claire Felsworth, Ghost Hunter, uses technical soulstone powered marvels to either recorporate and destroy, or immobilize and capture all manner of ghosts, haunts, and unwanted spirits. Whether laying traps or giving them a sound zapping, incorporeal beings have little chance against her. Your building will be ghost free in no time, given the right price. If she ever found out how her trusty sidekick drummed up business however, there'd be hell to pay. 

 

Maybe as someone to be a competitor to Leveticus, because that's basically already what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 11:57 PM, Clockwork_Fish said:

I imagine the typical Lovecraft protagonist of a stuffy, high strung Englishman working.  He’d be the Nellie of the Explorers, not really attacking, but running around distracting and running schemes.  Mostly he’d focus on running away and screaming.

As for how a Lovecraftian crew might work, given how his stories tended to go, I’d theme it around Wp duels and weird defensive triggers and abilities.  For example 

The Last Words of ... :  (Wp/Df) :maskAfter resolving, place a scheme marker in base with this model.

Gibbering Madness:  If this model fails a horror duel, all models within :new-Pulse:3” gain Distracted +1

Grit (Squamous) - when reduced to half it’s original wounds this model gains Terrifying 12

A crew where if everyone is dying horribly then that means it’s all going to plan 😈

i love this idea but i change the effect gibbering madness for the next "Gibbering Madness: one per activation, if a friendly (keyword) model fails a horror duel summon a enemy deep madness in base contact with the model that make the horror duel and attack the count to the end upgrade to the summoned model"

the enemy deep madness its a insignificant 3/3 model with 3 wounds and incorporeal, but have the next ability "whispers from beyond: all models within 6 have reduced his wp in 1"

and the upgrade have its plennyful 5 but if the master of the lovecraft keyword its the leader increase the plennyful to 8, the upgrade have the next hability "the end its near: at the end of the game if the enemy leader is (master of the lovecraft keyword" before this crew add any victory point if this crew have 5 or more deep madness cant score any victory point"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect we'll finally see Sir Justin Cooper make an appearance. He'll likely have a Safari keyword with either a model or a supplemental box called Midnight Safari. I expect that hit totem will have some sort of condition removal and his crew will get an advantage when targeting models with a larger size, based on what limited lore we have for him.

We also have Basse, McCabe and Rollins, so that leaves four more members of the society. I expect at least two of those members will be brand new characters. It's possible that they've name dropped some, but I doubt they'll have name dropped everyone in the faction. So 2-4 brand new characters.

I expect that we have a sea captain, especially with the Gibbering Hordes' and alt Molly's popularity. Sea themed models are clearly wanted, so I think Wyrd will capitalize on that. I believe it will probably be an explorer searching for Meridian, likely an explorer from Earthside trying to end the chaos there, or a Moby Dick style inspiration. We could potentially instead see the captain of the boat name dropped in Seamus Crashes A Funeral become a master.

I think it's likely we see someone from The Council as part of this faction, because Wyrd's been pretty good about giving lore tidbits lately and having a Council member in the game would help crack deep lore.

So that's Big Game Hunter, Cowboy, Indiana Jones, Motorcycle Gang, Sea Captain and Magician. I think we could easily also see a tomb raider style master, but I think they'll hit us with something from out of the blue for the last one, possibly two, masters. They do want to surprise us after all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, J4bberw0ck said:

I would just love to see something to do with the turn-of-the-century obsession with Egyptology. I was re-watching The Mummy (the one with Brendan Fraser), and couldn't stop thinking "these guys would make an amazing Malifaux crew". Still not sure if Imhotep and the undead would be better than O'Connell and the treasure hunters, though the latter might be stepping on the toes of a certain other treasure hunter we know about.

Maybe just a researcher/librarian who can summon swarms of flesh-devouring scarabs?

Imhotep with Benny as his totem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SteampunkCake said:

I suspect that we'll see most of the Explorers as dual faction and then maybe 1 or 2 will be mono faction

 

I doubt it. They'd have to add more masters to other factions. Everything is balanced at 8 masters, so I expect 6 Explorer masters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yew Arcane said:

I doubt it. They'd have to add more masters to other factions. Everything is balanced at 8 masters, so I expect 6 Explorer masters.

Well, except that there will almost certainly be more masters in M3E.  It wouldn't surprise me if ES were used as the vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteampunkCake said:

I suspect that we'll see most of the Explorers as dual faction and then maybe 1 or 2 will be mono faction

 

That would break the balance of the factions (again) so i really doubt that la gonna happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LeperColony said:

Well, except that there will almost certainly be more masters in M3E.  It wouldn't surprise me if ES were used as the vehicle.

Yes, when the new faction is officially released we will see six new masters. Bringing in six more dual faction masters would mean they'd have to also add two more masters. Six new masters is more manageable for a new release than 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteampunkCake said:

I suspect that we'll see most of the Explorers as dual faction and then maybe 1 or 2 will be mono faction

 

 

4 hours ago, LeperColony said:

Well, except that there will almost certainly be more masters in M3E.  It wouldn't surprise me if ES were used as the vehicle.

 

2 hours ago, belorey said:

That would break the balance of the factions (again) so i really doubt that la gonna happen again.

 

12 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

Yes, when the new faction is officially released we will see six new masters. Bringing in six more dual faction masters would mean they'd have to also add two more masters. Six new masters is more manageable for a new release than 8.

My first thought was Dual-Faction Masters, but then, the more I thought about it, I think its more likely single-faction Masters but models (possibly even Henchmen) that possess existing Keywords, so the level of Faction balance is maintained, but existing factions get options within the Explorer's releases.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, Gipsy_Danger said:

Personally I'd like to see a Captain Nemo inspired crew. TOS and fluff confirmed Malifaux has oceans, so it could be feasible

Hope to see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, so Nemo will be great
also hope there will be ni more cowboy-ish crews

wild ones should stay alt mccabe, but monowheels should be alt for some cabe's riders in society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...