Make a wish. make a wish. What do you expect from The Explorer's Society?

belorey

What would you like to see in the new faction? Which upgrades are un your dreams?

This are mines:

1- I would love to see a Van Pelt (the Junanji english Hunter) as a versatil model.

2- I wish a crew inspired on pirates (no as alternative one)

3- A Indiana Jones style Effigy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, belorey said:

What would you like to see in the new faction? Which upgrades are un your dreams?

This are mines:

1- I would love to see a Van Pelt (the Junanji english Hunter) as a versatil model.

2- I wish a crew inspired on pirates (no as alternative one)

1. I think a Big Game Hunter Master might be a better option than a Versatile model.

2. No thanks.

3. Definitely!

All I want from the Explorer's Society is some news!

• Agree 1

I'd like to see a very, very British gentleman's explorer crew.

Very Boer War-esque (which fits the timeline), something very Henry Stanley & Dr Livingstone (I presume!).

image.thumb.png.e4ac207a3973ce5779791c75a172052c.png

The Boers could be some Abyssinian Crowrunner guides or something cool!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 7/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, belorey said:

The Effigy should be a golden idol and the Emissary a giant boulder!

I'd like to see a Resser/Explorer dual faction.  Basic idea would be an expedition that set out into the wilds of Malifaux shortly before the Breach closed the first time around, and no trace was ever found.  Turns out they ran into a Tyrant's prison and now a century later it's using them all as meat puppets.  It's looking for ancient relics to help it's ascension and it's thralls are posing as treasure hunters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I'd like to see the themes mentioned in TTB.

1. Malifauxsaurs! Undead dinosaurs also available to Marcus and Titania.

2. Catalan Corps - we even know their leader's name.

3. Wild Ones - they were promised new rules anyway.

4. Emeline Bellerose, Dufresne etc. - since Carver got his own rules, I think other "count as" models will have as much. 

5. Fire undead from the great desert.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ming said:

3. Wild Ones - they were promised new rules anyway.

4. Emeline Bellerose, Dufresne etc. - since Carver got his own rules, I think other "count as" models will have as much. 

The difference between The Wild Ones and Dufresne/Emeline is that the latter do currently have rules.  They are still alt McMourning/Sybelle respectively.

The Wild Ones don't.  I do think they'll be an Explorer's crew though

2 hours ago, Ming said:

I4. Emeline Bellerose, Dufresne etc. - since Carver got his own rules, I think other "count as" models will have as much. 

Carver has always had its own rules (well for about 10 years), but they were story encounter specific only. Or, you could have used him as Killjoy.  

2 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

The difference between The Wild Ones and Dufresne/Emeline is that the latter do currently have rules.  They are still alt McMourning/Sybelle respectively.

The Wild Ones don't.  I do think they'll be an Explorer's crew though

Until I hear otherwise I still intend to use them as the models they always were, so McCabe, Luna, Sidir and Mounted Guard.

• Agree 1

Definitely agree on the Indiana Jones.  A big game hunter also makes a lot of sense, and it can potentially fill the upper-class aristocratic slot in the factions.

Here would be my additions (masters):

1)  Abyssinian noble-in-exile:  High tech, high mobiliy shooty master and keyword.  TOS tie-in.  Cross marketing!

2)  Tyrant shards:  a split ES/Neverborn master, a small piece of a tyrant trying to find and gather the rest of it.  Instead of a master+totem, it would have "some" (maybe 3-5) small models, all with Slow and all sharing a health pool and abilities.  So basically it would be like one model is in several places.

3)  A self-aware construct Sherlock Holmes-type, it pursues the greatest disappearance in history:  what happened to the original breach settlers?  Scheme runner, hand control/manipulation.

4)  A gremlin cast out of the bayou for necromancy:  ES/Res master with a swarm mechanic, maybe based on the assist action.  

Non-masters:

1)  Treasure of the Sierre Madre trio:  three enforcers with some kind of shared bonus, but a built in betrayal / self-obey mechanic.

2)  Porters:  Those rich dudes ain't carrying their stuff themselves.  Hands out positive conditions or can take on negative conditions for other friendly models.  Assist as a bonus action.

3)  The man who went up a hill and came down a monster:  Crazy cartographer.  Terrain bonuses to crew.

4)  Three kingdoms alchemist:  Searching for immortality potion ingredients.  Heal mechanics based on removing scheme markers.

• Like 3

I would just love to see something to do with the turn-of-the-century obsession with Egyptology. I was re-watching The Mummy (the one with Brendan Fraser), and couldn't stop thinking "these guys would make an amazing Malifaux crew". Still not sure if Imhotep and the undead would be better than O'Connell and the treasure hunters, though the latter might be stepping on the toes of a certain other treasure hunter we know about.

Maybe just a researcher/librarian who can summon swarms of flesh-devouring scarabs?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, J4bberw0ck said:

I would just love to see something to do with the turn-of-the-century obsession with Egyptology. I was re-watching The Mummy (the one with Brendan Fraser), and couldn't stop thinking "these guys would make an amazing Malifaux crew". Still not sure if Imhotep and the undead would be better than O'Connell and the treasure hunters, though the latter might be stepping on the toes of a certain other treasure hunter we know about.

Maybe just a researcher/librarian who can summon swarms of flesh-devouring scarabs?

I think an Egyptology theme would be very fitting.  And/or a Shackleton type. 

On 7/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, wizuriel said:

Lovecraftian mountains of madness crew

I imagine the typical Lovecraft protagonist of a stuffy, high strung Englishman working.  He’d be the Nellie of the Explorers, not really attacking, but running around distracting and running schemes.  Mostly he’d focus on running away and screaming.

As for how a Lovecraftian crew might work, given how his stories tended to go, I’d theme it around Wp duels and weird defensive triggers and abilities.  For example 

The Last Words of ... :  (Wp/Df) :maskAfter resolving, place a scheme marker in base with this model.

Gibbering Madness:  If this model fails a horror duel, all models within :new-Pulse:3” gain Distracted +1

Grit (Squamous) - when reduced to half it’s original wounds this model gains Terrifying 12

A crew where if everyone is dying horribly then that means it’s all going to plan 😈

• Like 4

2 hours ago, belorey said:

Well my egypcian crew i would like to see: 

Master: a British egyptology

vict_mens_48_full.thumb.jpg.e647f27828a356935bc1af338c93de6c.jpg

Henchman: Steampunk Soldier

steam_mens_09_full.thumb.jpg.22881a5c2c6f49e32125fcecaefb453c.jpg

Enforcer: Anubis with carabine (Pic above)

Enforcer: Apofis

elena-herrero-jaen-apofis.thumb.jpg.e35a005cb007376baf5e9a16ae3f7723.jpg

Tótem: Khepriegyptian_insect_god__khepri_by_ellisari-dcaxlur.thumb.jpg.082e2558de8185b61e3c5690177dbd86.jpg

And some mummys, and workers as minions. 😁

For some reason, the first thing that comes to mind for an Egyptology crew is a bunch of flesh-eating scarab beetles in a trench coat.

• Like 2

Yeah, some sort of explorer, Egyptologist, Lewis and Clark, archaeologist, big game hunter type thing. And I baaaaadly want some sort of maritime, navigation type crew too.

(Not that I really need to fall in love with anymore Malifaux; I already have way too much I don't play with enough)

• Agree 1